Star Wars - Series Fan Fiction / Halo - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Master Chief vs. General Grievous ❯ The Final Blows ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter 10:
 
The Final Blows
 
“He's coming in close!” Cortana warned as the Master Chief made his dash for the star fighter that he came here with. His golden visor sneaked a peek over his shoulder, witnessing Grievous appeared from seemingly nowhere, chasing him as fast as he could, the limp in his leg quite apparent, and with the cloak over him again, it gave him an old look, it almost reminded John of vampire, Nosferatu. Thankfully his old teacher, Deja, had taught his old Spartan allies and himself about old human folklore on days that they finished a lesson early, so he had a few ideas of what people used to believe in and entertain themselves back in the twenty-first century. His mind back to Grievous, the Master Chief turned his head back to the ship when he heard.
 
“Master Chief, you are mine!!” He leaped into the air, and John suddenly felt the cyborg crash onto his back. Surprised by the lightness of the general, John tossed Grievous up over his shoulders and into his ship, where he planned to finish him, or die.
 
“Chief, what are you doing?” Cortana asked. The Master Chief didn't respond, feeling that this grudge must end; the Spartan marched up the ramp and into the ship, which was quite small and cramped. Grievous got to his feet, seeing that he was beside the controls, when he punched a button. John didn't even flinch as the ramp closed up behind him, trapping him with the cyborg. Grievous smiled under his skull helmet.
 
“Now…we shall finish this!” He cried as he slammed his robotic fist onto another massive button. They both nearly fell as the cruiser roared and fired out into the air, into the blackness of space.
 
 
Boots booming on the tiled floor, `Jemomee caught sight of a hairy, despicable, and dishonorable Brute as he made a run from his killing of `Letomee.
 
“Come here you worm! Let me crush you!” The Elite cried as he gained on the Brute. His plasma sword glowed with a blue hue in the dark hallway, which added an eerie glow to `Jemomee's glistening gold armor. The Brute turned, to reveal itself as Weralter. The Elite came to a stop, his yellow eyes glaring with an immense hatred at the Brute.
 
“Good day `Jemomee…how is `Letomee?” The Brute asked, a grin on his face. The Elite flared his mandibles in frustration and bellowed.
 
“You…worthless, backstabbing worm! Your kind does not deserve the right to be seen under the Covenant! You all with be the death of us.” Weralter smiled and crossed his arms.
 
“You maybe.” He said mysteriously. That was when the Elite turned with his weapon ready, only to get a blow to his chest and sent reeling down the hall. The plasma sword turned off and returned to a tube in `Jemomee's weak hand.
 
“Tartarus…” `Jemomee growled, lifting his head up to see the Brute, Weralter by his side, with a massive club or hammer of some sort. Tartarus had a smug grin on his face.
 
“Weralter…set `Jemomee in an escape pod, we won't be needing to see him again for awhile…”
 
 
“So this is where we are after our battles is it not Master Chief? We are trapped, mortal enemies, in a cramped ship, and only the winner may return home.” Grievous said, building the suspense. John nodded.
 
“You plan to return home, your home?” He asked. Grievous pondered the question, and nodded.
 
“I shall return to my home world, then my kind can side with the Covenant, making it stronger, and humanity and Jedi alike won't be able to stop us.” His golden eyes narrowed. “You see Master Chief, Jedi are the ones who made me like this, a cyborg, they destroyed my traveling vessel along with my body, and the man known as Count Dooku made me into who you see before you.” He extended his arms and presented himself.
 
“Let's just finish this.” The Master Chief growled.
 
“Let's…” Grievous replied before lunging forward, his arms extended strike.
 
 
Hular's eyes opened to find himself in a cot, `Ritamee hovered over him.
 
“Ah, you are awake. Grievous will be pleased.” `Ritamee said and nodded. The Grunt sat up and found that his burns had been bandaged up, and they felt much better now. He hopped off and looked up to the massive Elite.
 
“Where is Lord Grievous?” He asked.
 
“Well…last I saw of him he went with `Jemomee and `Letomee to check up on `Hetamee, but I'm surprised he hasn't returned to check on you.”
 
 
As Grievous's robotic arm flew at the Spartan, he was surprised once more by John's swiftness and missed completely. However, his eyes widened when the Master Chief's hand grabbed his wrist, and a fist struck his helmet, right between the eyes. Staggering back a bit, the cyborg's eyes opened with rage and his clawed foot shot out. With a crunch of armor, he struck the Master Chief's chest plate, denting it, and sending the Spartan reeling across the room and hitting the ramp.
 
Grievous pounced and landed on top of the Master Chief, cracking into his armor with his clawed feet, his hands clutching John's wrists to pin him.
 
“Well, well, this is certainly the climax I would think.” He cyborg said. His hands at the Master Chief's wrists tightened, John's yellow shields gave out, and the armor dented with a crunch. “You have certainly been a worthy opponent my friend. But the galaxy isn't big enough for two great fighters such as us.”
 
“You're right…” The Master Chief muttered as he attempted to toss Grievous away. But because of his worn-out body pushed to the limit, the Spartan was loosing fight fast. Grievous was pushed back a bit, but shot his foot out again, this time on the Master Chief's chest again. With a flicker of the yellow shields, John's last defense died and he cried out in pain when another crunch filled the ship and he felt his armor dig into his chest, this time Grievous's claws were through his armor in into his chest. Feeling his blood flow from the wounds, the Master Chief was just about down fighting, even if he wanted to, he couldn't, his body refused to move now.
 
“Well Chief…if you got one of those ideas you always have, this would be a good time to use it.” Cortana said. John gasped when he felt Grievous's claws dig deeper.
 
“Well my friend, this is the end. Nice fighting you.” Grievous's hand shot out, grabbed his opponent, and tossed the Master Chief like a rag doll over the cabin. The Master Chief landed over the controls and seemingly lost hope. “Well, this is a first, for two reasons. I tossed you, the Master Chief, across the cabin, and two, you have lost hope.” He stood up straighter, coughed once, and fought off the rest. “This is disappointing, I was hoping for more. I should've let you escape and attack again, that might've been more satisfying.”
 
“Well…here you go.” The Master Chief growled as he gathered all the strength he could muster and slammed down on the ramp open button. Grievous's eyes shot open.
 
“No!” He cried and shot forward. However, the ramp opened slowly and the cyborg was flung from the ship and into the blackness of space. Thanks to bacteria that was placed on his organs, Grievous was able to survive the coldness of space as his arm hot out and a wire-thin cord shot out and latched onto the ship. “You shall not defeat me so easily!” He cried. The Master Chief strapped himself into the seat before space could suck him out, and could even hear the cry from Grievous over the roar of the space vacuum. Reaching into his pack, the Master Chief pulled out his retrieved light saber from before, and ignited it.
 
Grievous's eyes widened as he witnessed the Master Chief's plan unfold. Fiddling with some sort of controls system, the Spartan watched as the light saber's blade was lowered, and he turned around in his seat. Without so much as a comment, the Master Chief threw the light saber out into space, his plan working perfectly. The cyborg wailed as the light saber sliced his cord and he drifted into space even more.
 
“Hey Grievous!” The Master Chief cried, reaching for his holster and pulling out a pistol. Though he never thought it would work on the cyborg, he zoomed in on Grievous with it, aimed for the skull-shaped head, and fired. Hitting Grievous between the eyes, the Master Chief watched as the cyborg's squirming movements came to an abrupt halt and he spun slowly end over end, deeper into the darkness of space. The ramp closed after John pushed the button again and turned around in his seat again, finally relaxing.
 
“You did it Master Chief, you killed Grievous!” Cortana cried with joy as she appeared in her holographic image on the podium beside the Spartan. The Master Chief, his armor dented and broken now, as well as some actual wounds to his body, sighed and nearly passed out.
 
“No…I have this feeling…we'll meet again…”