Star Wars - Series Fan Fiction ❯ "You're not alone... " ❯ The kiss ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: Well, I think I’m going to go ahead and take my Reylo ship because overall I tried to keep things as a way to fill those gaps in the movie I need to indulge in the pleasures of Reylo’s cuteness and total awesomeness before continuing with them gaps. Non-Reylo shippers, I respect you, I love the idea of them, but I’m also mentally preparing myself for something unpleasant (something like incest… They’ve done it before… TT^TT) And Nope, I won’t pull a Twilight move here just in case xD

This is a short chap. I wanted to jot this down, so yeah.

 

 

*********************

Rey was not alone. Kylo didn’t know where she was, nor did he care, he was only aware of her existence in his mind, and as she peacefully slept, Kylo could not help himself but stare. He sat cross-legged in front of her, the steady rise and fall of Rey’s chest signaling her breathing somehow brought peace to him. Rey looked so calm and serene, and Kylo wondered just where was her mind taking her right now. He placed his hand on her chest and closed his eyes and before he even had time to realize what was happening he was traveling through the galaxy, he was spinning so fast that he could not tell where he was headed to until he suddenly stopped. Kylo was standing in a hallway, a familiar hallway with many doors. He felt confused, just where the hell had touching Rey taken him? He heard voices coming from a short distance and he made his way towards them. As he walked he could not shake the déjà vu, and it was beginning to make him nervous, much like an itch inside his head that he could not scratch. From the distance he saw Rey, sitting on the hallway in front of an open door. She looked happy and in peace, but beneath those things the one that was strongest was longing. He walked to her silently, not wanting to startle her in any way and from behind her he could see through the door. It was a beautiful view that he recognized immediately. It was the fields of Naboo, and when looking closer he could see a young couple just sitting in the balcony on the palace. They were talking and the young man was caressing the girl so gently it melted Rey’s heart.

 

-“What are you doing here? Where is this?”- Rey jumped back to her feet, her face beet red. She had been caught red handed and there was nothing she could say to explain what she had been doing here. Kylo Ren stood there, face to face with her, over a head taller and unmoving. She didn’t even think to ask him how he had gotten here; she was rather trying to think in an answer to his dual question.

 

-“This is… The halls of the Millennium Falcon”- a low blow she knew. Kylo didn’t move nor flich. He was still staring through the door with his eyebrows lifted. Rey turned around to see what he was looking at. All the blood from her body went up to her face when she saw that “Ani” was kissing Padmé fiercely, his hand trailing the exposed skin of her back in a way that was way too intimate for anyone other than them. Rey willed the door close and so it did. This was still her domain and she was not going to allow a dream version of kylo Ren to make a fool out of her.

 

-“You come here to watch that?”- he sounded amused where she thought he’d be disgusted. She closed her eyes and tried to imagine Kylo in a silly outfit, maybe dress him up like Lady Padmé. But nothing seemed to be happening. She was beginning to realize that this particular Kylo was no dream, that this was his spirit inside her dream and that he had a will of his own, and that he had actually caught her spying on people.

 

-“No!Yes! Leave me be!”- She was too embarrassed for words. Kylo felt a long forgotten feeling inside his chest, and it was just a burst of laughter escaping him.

 

-“I was not… This is the first time they do something like that!”- She admitted, almost in tears of shame. Mostly what she saw between Queen Amidala and “Ani” were sweet moments and sweet kisses, they had taken things up a notch today, and in any other situation she would have probably just close the door and leave them be. She was not interested in watching them go further into things.

 

-“So you do come here and stare at people? How did you get here? Why does this place look like this?”- He was asking questions that not even Rey had the answer to. He walked the length of the hallway, and Rey wondered if Kylo had felt the same thing following him here that always chased her before getting to the hallway.

 

-“Who were they?”- Kylo knew of Naboo, but he did not have the chance to see whom they were spying on clearly. Rey smiled as she looked at the door with that same longing.

 

-“Her name is Padmé Amidala… He’s a Jedi who loves her very much, so far he goes with the name Ani”- she said in a sweet voice that made Kylo envy whatever thing she was feeling inside.

 

“-They were so in love…”- her voice was dreamy and she had spoken the words with a long sigh. Naboo was long gone, Kylo Ren knew that much, Hux had made sure the entire Republic was obliterated and all its inhabitants, so when Rey spoke in past tense she was correct. Somehow she knew they no longer existed. He kept walking and looking at all the doors. Doubtful Rey followed him down the hall. Kylo could not stop himself from thinking about what could be behind these doors, what answers could he possibly find here.

 

-“I’ve seen you before you know?”- Rey said out of the blue. He stopped to look at her and noticed for the first time since he got here that Rey was in reality super small and frail. She was tall of course, but her frame slender, her arms muscly but not exactly thick, and her face was also thin, probably from long hungry nights at Jakku. Her eyes were deep and full of emotion and her skin looked as soft as petals in Naboo’s flowers. Just when in the world did she become a blooming flower? He remained motionless at the sight of her like this in this new light and could not stop wondering what had come over him so suddenly. As for Rey, she was still feeling the warmness from Anakin and Padmé’s love running through her and surrounding her. Just looking at them had proven to be very contagious and overall she felt super embarrassed at having being caught staring, she still didn’t mind having felt the way she felt and after this moment she had not realized why she felt the way she did when around Ben Solo, Kylo Ren, she had seen him before, she was almost sure of that, maybe not in person but in dreams much like this one.

-“Where have you seen me before?”-He felt afraid to move. Rey remained unmoving as well.

 

-“In a dream”- her words came out in a whisper and her eyes seemed glazed and gone. Ren’s heart began beating faster and even if this was a little more than a dream it was still just that so with resolve he took a deep breath and headed towards Rey, his body straight, his head tall, his face serious and his intentions clearing. She did not move for a moment, because the way Kylo moved towards her seemed threatening but did not feel that way. She still found herself pacing backwards until she had cornered herself with a wall, staying now trapped between it and the might Kylo Ren. He was looking down at her, his eyes certain but also pleading and his lips slightly pouted. Rey had no idea what just transpired, but she was not scared of it. Kylo lowered his head to her ear and his warm breath tingled there. Rey breathed deeply and held it there.

 

-“What are you doing to me Scavenger?”- The sensation of his closeness awakening a different kind of fire from inside her. She closed her eyes and tried hard to steady herself as to not sound shaken by his proximity.

 

-“I… I don’t know”- she answered honestly. She had initially wanted this connection as much as anyone wanted leprosy, but after some moments, she actually found herself grateful for it, because not only had he saved her life, he also eased some of the loneliness that ate her away. Kylo moved his face away from her ear and looked into her eyes, there was no denying the pull towards her, and he was so afraid of what might happen if he—

 

-“Ah screw it”- he mumbled just a moment before he caught Rey’s parted lips with his own. Startled Rey didn’t know what to do, and considering that this was still a dream she allowed herself to be caught up in the moment. She responded eagerly and at that Ren sighed in the kiss and pressed her against the wall with his body. Neither of them thought much on what was happening, they were only given to each other in the moment, Kylo’s hand had come to tangle itself in her hair while his other hand trailed the line of her curves, Rey on the other hand clung to his shoulders like a lifeline, her fingers playing with the soft black tresses of hair on his neck. Kylo pulled back for air, and when he did, the sight of Rey’s face all flushed and swollen lips only made his body ache more in need for further contact. She sensed the struggle inside him and stepped back.

 

-“I’m not scared”- she gasped the words as she looked at him with a fire that resembled the one back at Starkiller base and it simply made Kylo’s resolve harder to bear.

 

-“I want you, and if I move close to you now, I will have you”- they stayed quiet for a moment, there was no denying the heat between them, the passion and attraction, the want and that longing he had seen in Rey’s eyes previously. She was the one to make the first move, heading towards him with a lioness pace, certain of what she wanted. Standing on her tippy toes she took his lower lip in her mouth and bit on it softly. She didn’t want to back down in fear of failing but when Kylo’s hands enclosed themselves around her arms and he released a groan of desire, Rey was sure that she was doing things properly. They began to kiss again, this time a little more daringly, their lips brushing and grazing each other, their hands exploring one another. The heat that was building inside him was starting to scorch now, and he needed her more than he thought possible, and while it scared him to feel this way, it also gave him strength to have her so close, to know that he meant to her as much as she meant to him. He embraced her fully, still kissing her, sweetening the kiss, pouring the way he felt on it. Rey smiled in the kiss and slowed her passion as well, the felt him release himself, she knew he’d just lowered his guard to her, she knew he was giving her his trust and she felt like the luckiest living thing in the entire galaxy. As they remained kissing softly in each other’s arms, neither noticed how the MF’s hallways disappeared and turned into an endless vision of stars lighting the galaxy’s eternal darkness, there was only them, surrounded by a faint red thread that tied them together. It was only them in that moment, connected in a way that was more powerful than any union in existence.

And then she was gone. Kylo was left alone in that endless space, and even so, the disappearance didn’t hurt him, he was feeling way too many things and he needed to settle his frantic heart.

 

********************************

 

Rey was back in her hut, being abruptly awakened by a cold bucket of water thrown over her body. Luke stood by the side of her bed with the tilted bucket on his hands. She felt anger boil deeply inside her as whatever dream she had just lived slowly became buried in a graveyard of memories. What she could not shake off though, was the warmth and the sensation of having come from a place she could have called Home.