Super GALS Fan Fiction ❯ Ryuusei ❯ A Broken Promise ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hi there! This is my first love triangle story and I hope you like it. Sorry for the error spelling and grammar, I suck at English. By the way, I've published this story in another site but now, I decide to continue this story in this site if people like this story.
Disclaimer: I'm absolutely not the one who own Gals! or Super Gals! Kotobuki Ran, but I do own this story.
1st: A Broken Promise
At Shibuya…
Aya usually went with her friends, Ran and Miyu to that town. But today, she was alone. Was it because she had a problem with the two of her best friends? Nope. Or because that diligent and clever girl was going to take a study course so she couldn't bring her friends with her? It was wrong either. So, what was the reason?
Well, let's take a good look on her. Say…She wore a white t-shirt and a pink skirt. And her hair...It was pigtailed. Shortly, she dressed very neatly today.
Everyone who saw her must be thought that she was going to have a date. Right, she wanted to see a guy. But not for a date. Ah, her face was blushing when a guy came to her! Let's check it out!
The guy put his hands on his pocket. He came closer to Aya. He coughed for a while, and then, he slightly smiled at her. “Sorry. Did you wait?”
Aya shook her head and smiled back. “I've just arrived here, too.” She opened her bag and took something from it. “Here's your cell phone, Katase-kun.”
Oh, so his name was “Katase”! Yeah, remember that!
Katase took the cell phone and said, “Thank you very much. How stupid I am, I shouldn't leave my cell phone in class. Sorry for disturbing you, Hoshino-san.”
Katase scratched his head as he showed that he was embarrassed. He looked a bit blush.
Aya giggled. “Don't mention it. I don't mind to help you. But, I can't believe that a smart and thorough student like you can be such a clumsy person like this.”
“Well, excuse me. I'm just an ordinary human, you know.” Katase replied, “Don't ever think that I'm a perfect person like you.”
Aya raised an eyebrow and exclaimed, “I-I'm not! How dare you say that I'm perfect?”
Katase chuckled. “So you can't say that I'm a thorough guy either.”
Aya couldn't say anything and just chuckled like him.
She lifted her face and stared at the light brown-haired guy who kept laughing. Her face turned redder and a shy smile slowly formed on her face.
If you're a sensitive person, you must be having noticed that Aya had a crush on Katase. Aya was in the same class as Katase. The two of them were vying since they always got the highest score on every subjects. However, Aya, who liked a clever, handsome and nice guy, slowly developing feelings for Katase. Even though Katase was her rival, she still liked him (secretly), because he has always been her ideal guy.
Did Katase like her, too? Well, who knows? Aya thought that Katase a perfect guy and Katase also thought like that. But, nobody could see Katase's feelings towards Aya. It was unclear.
Katase started to talk to the dark-haired girl again, “I have to do something as a return. What can I do for you?”
“N-No, you don't have to do anything. I helped you sincerely.” Aya answered while shook her right hand.
Katase took his fingers onto his chin and thought about something that even the intelligent Hoshino Aya couldn't guess what it was. Aya's head was filled of a lot of question marks now. Kazuki Katase could be a mysterious guy sometimes and he always successes to make Aya got curious on him.
After a while, Aya released her breath as Katase slapped his fingers. She knew that that green-eyed guy would declare something that he thought about earlier.
“Do you have time tomorrow?” he asked. Aya was still confused towards Katase's question. But of course, she could understand what he meant. “Well, since we'll have holiday for tomorrow, I suppose I have.”
“If you don't mind...Opportunely, I have two free tickets for watch a movie. Will you come with me, Hoshino-san?”
Aya blushed. She could feel the big palpitation of her heart when she heard a wonderful spell which sounded “will you come with me”?.
Katase was flustered when he saw Aya's face that turned as red as a tomato. He raised an eyebrow and reprimanded her, “Hoshino-san?”
Aya gasped and faced the guy who was just calling her and responded, “Y-Yes?”
“What's your answer? Do you want to join me or not?” Katase clarified his words as he wouldn't be able to shake Aya's feelings. Man, was it a sign that Katase didn't like Aya as well?
Aya replied immediately so Katase wouldn't get misunderstand, “With a pleasure! I like movies so much! And because it's you who demand me…I won't reject it.”
“Because it's me?” Aya's avowal was astonished him.
“Ah! Forget it…I'm kidding.” Aya was panic and she wouldn't let Katase to realize her crush, for exact. She was a very perfect timid and coward girl.
But, her jittery feeling suddenly burned when Katase gave her a warm smile and spoke to her, “Really? I'm so glad. It'll be fun, huh? You can say this is our first tour.”
Aya giggled. “Tour? Goodness!”
Once again, they laughed together. Not only made Aya got curious, Katase also smart to make that timid girl laughed madly. Everyone must be thought that Katase was a good guy for her.
In the evening, at Aya's bedroom…
WHAT? HE ASKED YOU FOR A DATE!”
Aya covered her ears immediately when her super friend, Kotobuki Ran screamed. Oh, on the cell phone for exact. “Ssh, don't be noisy, Ran. You hurt my ears.”
Sorry, sorry! But it's really unexpected! After approach him in 5 months, he finally reciprocate your love!”
Aya was sweat-dropped. That world greatest gal always being radiant every time. Oh well, there's no help for it. However, Aya never hated Ran's action and she considered it as a funny thing.
“Steady, Ran. This is NOT a date. Got it?”
Is that so? What should I call it then if you say that's not a date, dummy? You have to think it positively. That's a pretty good sign! He must be likes you too!”
Aya asked innocently while she moved her cell phone to her right ear, “R-Really? But I'm not sure…Katase-kun always acts normally towards me…Nothing special.”
Of course he is, every guy always hide their feelings! Not that I'm saying is right, but…Well, just enjoy your date, buddy!”
As Ran mentioned “date”, Aya blushed madly and exclaimed, “Listen, Katase-kun only needed someone to accompany him and I'm sure he didn't mean it as a date! I…I don't want to think much, I'm afraid if actually Katase-kun doesn't have any feelings for me.”
Hey, where's your spirit? Just use this great chance well! Love won't lose, trust me!”
Aya nodded. “Yeah. Wish me luck, Ran.”
Yup!”
The next day…
Aya waited for Katase at the station. She had waited for 20 minutes, but he still didn't come yet. But she didn't care; she wouldn't get tired to wait for someone she liked. Still, a slow guy wasn't good, rite?
And finally, he came and quickly ran to her. “Hoshino-san!” he called, “Sorry. Am I late?”
Aya shook her head and replied, “No. Don't worry.”
“Forgive me…I had to helped my father at home first and my house is a bit far from here so I need a long time.” Katase apologized while scratched his head.
Aya was amazed. She thought Katase was very gentle and marvelous. Come to think of it, apologize of a mistake was natural and nothing special about it, but Aya deemed it as a very good behavior. (She was clever but also stupid, huh?)
“I don't bring car or motorcycle, so we'll go there by train. Is it okay for you?” Katase asked.
“Yes, no problem.” Aya smiled brightly.
Katase started to walk. “All right, let's go.”
At the cinema…
They stood front of a big board which depicted a ghost picture on it.
Aya's face was filled of cold sweat. She trembled and asked, “Katase-kun…Don't tell me that this horror movie is the one…”
Katase nodded. “Precisely. We're going to watch it.”
Aya's eyes widened. “A-Are you serious?”
Katase asked back, “What's wrong? Do you hate horror movie?”
DANG! He got her. He was right, Aya was a coward girl so she was afraid to watch scary movie. Aya tried to think hard. `W-What should I say? Katase-kun got the free tickets steeply; I can't turn his good aim down! But I can't stand of watching horror movie…What to do?'
Aya slowly shook her head and slightly smiled. “O-Of course not! Let's go, Katase-kun.”
In the “watching room”…
The movie has begun. Aya swallowed and ate her popcorns slowly as a strain scene showed on the movie. And when the scariest scene appeared, Aya almost screamed but she holds it. She tried to control herself by ate her popcorns quickly. Katase noticed it when he saw Aya was bursting a lot of cold sweat. He knew that asking her “are you frightened?” or “are you okay?” was useless since she wouldn't admit her anxiety.
Meanwhile, Aya kept trying to be strong and hold her tears, (she was very afraid so of course, she was going to cry) and thought, `Be rigid, Aya. Relax! Just think that you don't see anything! No ghost, no evil!'
Suddenly, a scary scene appeared again and made Aya got more shocked than before, but when she was going to cry, she felt something warm on her palm.
Aya slowly turned her face and she gasped when she realized that Katase was holding her palm. `Ka-Katase-kun…?'
Katase noticed that Aya was looking at him and then, he faced her and smiled. It looked like he wanted to say “don't worry, I'm here” and he showed that statement with a soft smile. Maybe another girl wouldn't get it, but Aya could understand what Katase meant by his smile. Aya blushed and smiled back.
Just like Ran said last night, love won't lose. Because of Katase's warmness, now, Aya could forget about her fear. She wasn't afraid anymore.
After a couple of hours, they had dinner (anyway, they were watching the movie in the evening) and walked around the town. Yeah, Shibuya always looked wonderful no matter when it was.
They went to a bridge and afterwards, Katase stopped. “What's wrong, Katase-kun?” asked Aya.
“We've been arrived at my favorite place in Shibuya. Let's stay here for a while.” Katase said as he pulled Aya's hand. They stood while leaned their hands on the lattice-bridge.
“Say, Katase-kun…Why do you consider this bridge as your favorite place in Shibuya?” The dark-haired girl asked again.
Katase smirked. “Every time I go to Shibuya, I'll go here certainly. This bridge is high, so I can look at the sky nearer and clearer.”
“You like to see the sky?” Aya asked.
“Only the stars, for sure.” said Katase, “Do you know about the legend of the falling star?”
Aya nodded. “You mean, when we wish upon the falling stars, our wish will come true?”
“Exactly. Do you believe it?” Katase asked.
Aya replied as she shrugged her shoulders, “I don't know. I never do something like that. Besides, the stars will fall very fast and we don't have enough time for make a wish.”
“You're probably right. But you know...Honestly, I always wait for it. I really want to see the falling stars.” Katase leaned his face on the lattice-bridge and stared the stars.
Aya blinked. Then she also stared at the sky. “The stars are twinkling...It's beautiful.”
Katase sighed and called the long-haired girl's name, “Hoshino-san.”
Aya turned her face to him, “Hm?”
He murmured, “Tomorrow, I'll leave Japan.”
Aya's eyes widened. She gasped. “What…What do you mean?”
“I'm going to leave Japan. I'll go to America tomorrow. I've got a scholarship to study there. I mean, it's a student exchange scheme.”
Aya's voice was getting slower, “When will…You come back…?”
“I study there only for 6 months. I'll be back this year.” Katase answered.
Aya sighed. “Thank Goodness…”
“What do you mean?” asked Katase. “I know. You won't have any rival again on class so you'll get the first rank, right?”
Aya quickly explained the truth, “N-No! That's not what I mean! You're a good friend, so I'll miss you if you go from here. But I'm glad since it's only for 6 months.”
“Is that so?” he asked again.
Aya nodded. Then, her face started to blush. “And…You have to promise…”
“Promise?”
Aya lifted her face and came closer to Katase. “You have to promise that you'll be back soon. You'll be back and we'll see each other again no matter what.”
Katase was a bit confused towards her weird whim. But then, he smiled and put his little finger out. “I promise.”
Aya was happy and relieved. She smiled brightly and reached Katase's little finger by her own little finger too. They sealed their pinkie promise upon the stars.
The next day, in the morning…
After seeing Katase at the airport, Aya left with the two of her best friends, Ran and Miyu.
“Tch, he's so cruel! He shouldn't leave you like that, Aya!” Ran commented.
Aya chuckled. “It's all right, Ran. That's only for a temporary time. I believe he'd get back soon.”
“You're really going to wait for him, Aya?” Miyu asked.
Aya smiled. “Sure.”
At 15.00 a.m. in Hoshino's house…
Aya walked to the living room and sat on the sofa. She took a remote and turned the TV by it. She thought, `I wonder what Katase-kun is doing right now…'
Aya sighed and moved her attention to the TV. She watched an actual report program.
A plane which was going to go to America got an accident. It fell down around 2 hours ago on Hiroshima.”
Aya gasped. She had a bad feeling. `America…?'
Here's the list of the victims.”
Aya came closer to the TV. She read the list and she stopped her breath when she saw her friend's name on the list of dead victims, who she knew very well.
KAZUKI KATASE, 17 YEARS OLD.
Aya was trembled. She just couldn't believe what she saw. “No, it's a lie…Impossible, it must be a lie!”
Aya quickly left the living room and took her cell phone. She pressed some numbers and called someone's phone. Yeah, it was Katase's cell phone numbers.
No answer. She began to press another numbers, Katase's home phone numbers. After a while, someone answered her, “Hello?”
“Hello? Can I speak to the host? I mean Mr. or Mrs.Katase.” said Aya.
I'm their maid. Sorry, they are going now.”
Aya's feelings got worse. “W-Where…?”
To Hiroshima. Their son, Mr.Kazuki, got an air plane accident.”
“B-But…He's save, right?”
My employers phoned here a few minutes ago. They said Mr.Kazuki included to one of the dead victim.”
BRAK! Aya dropped her cell phone. She couldn't feel her breath. She couldn't feel her heart-beat. It looked like her body died for a few seconds.
“No…It's a lie. It's a lie!” Aya ran and get out from her house. She ran and ran, very fast. After a while, she arrived at a bridge. Yeah, the bridge which she had just visited last night with someone who she loved the most.
Aya was alone. Nobody came there, even Katase. She took a deep breath and called his name, “Katase-kun! Y-You're here, right? You stay on this bridge, your favorite place…don't you?”
No answer except a high wind which suddenly blew over the bridge. But she didn't give up and shouted once more, “You…You'll be back and come to me, right? You can't leave me without any certainty like that…You've promised! You'll keep your promise, right? Answer me, Katase-kun!”
It kept silent and just liked earlier; the only thing which answered Aya was a high wind.
Aya bowed her head. Her tears slowly wetted her face. “Katase-kun…” She lifted her face and yelled loudly, “You're a LIAR!”
NEXT ------
A/N: Was it boring? Corny? Please give comment. If you're wondering where Rei is, he'll appear on the next chapter. And if you want to read the next chapter, please review! Thanks a lot!