Super Smash Brothers Fan Fiction ❯ Melee Interviews ❯ Bowser ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Following the cleanup from the Tabuu interview, Master Hand and Crazy Hand were finally ready to see Bowser. He didn't waste anytime coming into their office.

"Right now," Bowser said, "I'm just glad I'm getting another chance this year."

"Yeah, well," Master Hand said, "we didn't have the infrastructure to handle all the fighters we originally wanted. But that's in the past now, right? Okay, time to show us the year's wait was worth it."

Mostly, Bowser's little show involved fire, jumping around, and the occasional use of his claws. The Hands were rather impressed by his skill, especially Crazy Hand. He was now thinking up a plan that would use the Koopa King.

"Okay, if Crazy Hand has no objections," Master Hand said, "you're in."

"Nope," Crazy Hand replied, "no objections."

"I will say this only once, though. If either of us catches you even thinking about kidnapping Princess Peach, you're out."

"Okay, sure," said Bowser, who was clearly unhappy with this. He then went with a Wire Frame to his room, where he would spend the night before the orientation. For the next few hours, he thought about what it would be like to spend all that time with Mario and Peach. To have them right where he could get at them, and not being free to act. He managed to get along with them relatively well when he had to, but it never lasted.

Suddenly, his phone rang. He picked it up and answered. "Whoever's calling," he said, "no, I DO NOT have Prince Albert in a can. Seriously what does that even mean?"

"No," said the voice on the other end. "This is Crazy Hand. I had an idea for the Adventure Mode, and I'm going to need your help to do it. Meet me by the front entrance. And don't tell anyone."

"Not even Master Hand?"

"Especially not Master Hand."

Just minutes later, Bowser was where they agreed to meet. "I hope you have a good reason for this," he said, "making a King come out here at night."

"I was thinking of making you the final boss of the Adventure Mode," Crazy Hand said. "One of the other fighters would go through a series of challenges before facing you at the Final Destination. How does that sound?"

"I'm not so sure about that. It would be giving up my right to take part as a competitor."

"But you'd have a guaranteed spot in the last fight. And, win or lose, you'd still be compensated for taking part."

"It's not like I really need prize money." Bowser thought it over for a moment. "Sure. But this won't affect my status in the regular tournament."

"No, of course not. That's entirely under Master Hand's control." Crazy Hand seemed to hesitate a moment. "I also want to run one last part of my plan past you. Should the fight turn against you badly enough..."

Bowser knew what was coming. "If I happen to lose," he said, "you were thinking about putting me back on the stage and giving me a power boost. Well, let's just hope it doesn't come to that."

They both went back inside, and Bowser headed back into his room. He certainly had a lot to think about. He was somewhat disturbed by Crazy Hand's decision to keep a secret from Master Hand. In the end, he put this out of his mind and went to sleep.