Super Smash Brothers Fan Fiction ❯ Melee Interviews ❯ Mr. Game & Watch ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Crazy Hand," said Master Hand, "what was that you were discussing with Bowser a few minutes ago?"

"Nothing, really," replied Crazy Hand. "He was just asking what he should do should he somehow be locked out of his room."

"Whatever. Let's just get on with the next interview."

Just then, an all-black figure entered the room. He appeared flat, and beeped as he walked.

"So," Master Hand said, "you are Mr. Game & Watch, correct?"

[That's right,] Mr. Game & Watch replied. He spoke only in beeps, but most had little trouble understanding him.

"I don't suppose you'd be able to speak normally, would you?"

[For me, this is normal.]

"No matter. Just show your moves. Get it? Captain Falcon, and how he says... just get started."

Mr. Game & Watch then proceeded to jump around, toss food from a pan, hit things with this hammer. The last attack seemed to have random effects. Finally, he held out a bucket.

[To show off my last move,] he said, [I need a little help. Could one of you fire some projectiles into this bucket?]

Master Hand did as he asked, apparently filling the bucket up with something. When it was full, Mr. Game & Watch tossed its contents back out. Within moments oil was splashed on the floor.

"What the hell was that for?!" Master Hand said.

"I can sort of see how that would be useful, though," Crazy Hand added.

[Sorry, I'll clean this up when I get the chance,] Mr. Game & Watch said.

"It's okay," said Master Hand. "That's what the Wire Frames are for. Anyway, I hear someone asked you to be in this year's tournament. If you don't mind, care to tell me who it was?"

Mr. Game & Watch nodded. [It was Donkey Kong.]

"Am I to assume you mean the older Donkey Kong?"

[That's him.] They were referring to the original Donkey Kong, now commonly known as Cranky.

"Let me guess; he wants you to help keep DK on his toes."

[That, and to 'show them all how it's done,' whatever that means.]

"So," Crazy Hand interrupted, "how's E.T. doing?"

"Dammit, Crazy Hand," Master Hand said, "you know not to bring that up!" It had long been an unwritten rule not to discuss the Video Game Crash, or what led to it.

Crazy Hand just laughed; it quickly became clear he was just trying to provoke everyone.

[Excuse me,] Mr. Game & Watch asked. [I don't mean to be rude, but is there anything else?]

"Nope," Master Hand said. "If Cranky thinks you're fit to compete here, that's good enough for me. You're in. A Wire Frame will take you and your stuff to your room."

Minutes later, the Hands were alone in the room.

"What the hell was that a few minutes ago?" said Master Hand. "Not to mention this feeling I'm getting that you're keeping something from me. Just don't make me regret bringing you into this."

"Yeah, yeah," said Crazy Hand. "Can we get on to the next interview already?"