Super Smash Brothers Fan Fiction ❯ Melee Interviews ❯ Interlude - All-Star Mode ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"How about this?" asked Master Hand. "In addition to the two existing modes, we have one in which the fighters go up entirely against each other?"

"What," said Crazy Hand, "like some sort of 'All-Star' mode?"

"Yeah, that's it! I think I might even use that name."

Later on that day, the Hands called everyone together to discuss the All-Star Mode.

"Who's going to be in charge?" asked Luigi.

"That's just it," said Master Hand. "I'm running the regular tournament, and Crazy Hand's overseeing Adventure, so I'm thinking that All-Star could be left to all of you."

"Hold on," said Samus, "so organizing and running this mode will be all up to us, the competitors?"

"Pretty much. That's why I brought you in to help with the planning."

[In that case,] said Mr. Game & Watch, [my first suggestion is that the last battle not be at the Final Destination. No offense.]

"None taken. In fact, I was just about to say something like that myself."

"Hey, I know!" said Mario. "How about we have the last fight at the Flat Zone?"

"I'll let you all decide. Let us know when you're done." Master Hand then left the room, followed by Crazy Hand.

[My homestage as the last battle site?] said Mr. Game & Watch? [I'm not too sure about that.]

Pichu voiced his agreement with Mario's suggestion.

"I agree with Pichu and Mario," said Link.

It wasn't long before everyone came around, including Mr. Game & Watch.

"I think the other two modes are a bit too easy," said Ganondorf. "Let's make it a bit more challenging and allow the player only one life."

"I hate to agree with Ganondorf," said Link, "but that would add to this mode's specialness."

"I agree too," said Zelda, "but with one change. To make this a bit more fair, let's give the player a few chances to heal their damage between fights."

"Does three hearts sound about right?" asked Mario.

Everyone agreed to this. Somewhere along the line, they decided that a continue would cost at least ten coins.

Eventually, Master Hand and Crazy Hand returned.

Master Hand listened to the finalized All-Star plans. "I knew I was right to let you people handle this," he said. "Well, this is all on you now. Don't bother me about it unless serious rule-breaking takes place." He then left again.

"Hey, Bowser!" said Crazy Hand. "Don't forget you're supposed to meet with me before going to bed tonight." He then also left.

"What was that all about?" said Luigi.

"Mind your own business," said Bowser.