Super Smash Brothers Fan Fiction ❯ Melee Interviews ❯ Shadow Mario ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Master Hand was waiting in his office when Crazy Hand entered.

"You seem to be spending a lot of time with Bowser," said Master Hand.

"He's just helping me with some of the planning," said Crazy Hand.

"Anyway, we're ready for the next interview."

A blue figure, resembling Mario, came in.

"Who are you?" asked Master Hand.

"Just someone who wishes to compete in the Melee tournament," said the figure.

"That's not an answer."

"You look sort of odd," said Crazy Hand. "Almost like a 'shadow Mario'."

"Yeah," said the figure. "I suppose I do."

"Anyway, 'Shadow Mario'," said Master Hand, "What do you have to show us?"

The blue figure then proceded to show off various physical moves copied off Mario. He then did something odd, pulling out a paintbrush and damaging the floor and walls with it.

"What are you doing to my office?!" demanded Master Hand.

"Don't worry," said the figure. "It'll come off with a bit of water."

"Next tournament, we're having the interviews somewhere else." Master Hand then turned his attention back to the figure. "I notice you still haven't given me your name."

"If it matters that much, you can just go ahead and register me as 'Shadow Mario'."

"If you say so... "

"Hold on," said Crazy Hand, "something feels odd about this. Why are you so determined not to give your name?"

"What does it matter?" said the figure. "I just want to have some time away from my dad and those annoying siblings! Besides, it's none of Mario's business where I go. I figured this would be a good place to -"

"No one said anything about Mario," said Master Hand.

"Really? I just brought him up as an example... "

"Okay," said Crazy Hand, "I'm starting to smell bullshit. I heard a news story about someone pretending to be Mario while attacking Isle Delfino. His methods and tool were identical to yours. But you already know who he is, don't you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Cut the crap! You're Bowser Jr., aren't you?"

"No," said the figure, rather nervously.

"Tell the truth," said Master Hand, "are you Bowser Jr.?"

"Okay, fine!" said Bowser Jr., as he dropped his disguise. "It's like Crazy Hand said."

"Sorry, but I can't allow minors into the tournament. I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"Can I at least say hello to Mama Peach?"

"Fine, but after that, get out."

Bowser Jr. left Master Hand's office.