Super Smash Brothers Fan Fiction ❯ Melee Interviews ❯ Luigi... or is it? ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Let's hope that doesn't come up again," said Master Hand.

"Why not?" said Crazy Hand. "Stuff like that is what makes this job worthwhile."

"Yeah, you definitely earn your name. Enough about that. Send in our next applicant."

Just then, a familiar-looking figure walked in.

"Uh, Luigi?" said Master Hand. "You needn't come in. Everyone from the last tournament is already approved for Melee."

The persons just continued staring at the Hands.

"Luigi?" said Crazy Hand. "You're starting to scare me."

"Luigi, what's wrong with you?!" said Master Hand. Then he had a realization. "THAT'S NOT LUIGI!"

The Hands barely dodged the eye-beams fire by what the now knew to be Weegee. The Wire Frames that entered the office weren't as lucky; Weegee scored direct hits on them, turning them into Weegees.

Master Hand got on the intercom and warned everyone about the three Weegees running loose. By then, unfortunately, several more fighters had been turned.

"Get all the Metal Boxes we have stored in Meta Crystal," Master Hand said to a group of Wire Frames.

"You really think that will protect against Weegee beams?" said Crazy Hand.

"I can only hope so."

Sometime later, the Wire Frames returned with the Metal Boxes. The fighters who'd made their way to the office used the boxes to convert into metal form. Master Hand's hope came true, and these fighters could not be turned into Weegees. It wasn't long before the Weegees were subdued.

Sometime after that, Mario - wearing a doctor's outfit - managed to return them all to normal.

"I'm amazed you were able to do that," said Crazy Hand.

"They don't call me 'Dr. Mario' for nothing," replied Mario.

"Okay, all those still applying, get back in the lobby," said Master Hand. "It might be a short while, though. The rest of you, go back to whatever you were doing. Except you, Mario. I'd like you to keep a look out, just in case anyone relapses."

Mario nodded, before going with some of the other fighters.

"And Luigi?" said Master Hand.

"Yes?" said Luigi.

"Make sure we can see your pass, so we'll be sure it's really you." As Luigi left, Master Hand turned to Crazy Hand. "Okay, what happened? How did Weegee get past our security?"

"It was the Polygons," said Crazy Hand. "One of them abandoned its post and was beating up a tree when I found it."

"Oh, that does it! I'm retiring those things right now!" In truth, he had already decided to do so.

"While you're doing that, I've got some other business to attend to," said Crazy Hand, before going off to another meeting with Bowser.