Supernatural Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Helping The Enemy ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The rains in Forks, Washington had begun. It was typical this time of year to get this much rain. Charlie Swan exited out of his vehicle and ran inside to get out of the water droplets that started to pour. He unlocked the door and put the keys in the side dish. After Bella moved out, he had to make new routines in his life. If he hadn't, he would have gone crazy. He missed his daughter so much, but he knew one day she would leave and be with the one she loves. He didn't realize it was this soon. He wished to have a little more time with her. However, time waits on no one.

Charlie was still the chief police of this small town, he's been on the force for years now. He acknowledged this as he changed out of his uniform and into civil clothes. Charlie was relieved that Sue was spending time with her kin folks. A member had gotten ill and they needed her assistance.

Charlie had just finished his TV dinner, when his phone went off. He looked at the screen and it read, "Dr. Cullen." He swiped the option to accept the call.

"Hello."

Charlie listened to what the doctor had to say. Carlisle had informed him that his family had relocated away from Forks. Carlisle expressed that a friend recommended him to a hospital that was in need of a doctor. Since the other one was brutally murdered. He went on to tell the father whose daughter married his son. He tried to convince Bella to stay, but she would not heed.

"That's my Bella, always up for an adventure. So that's why she visited me yesterday. She told me that she loved me and to not worry about anything."

"Yeah, she told me, she felt better talking to you, afterwards." Carlisle commented.

"Yeah, it was nice to see her."

Soon after that, the two hung up.

Miles and states afar, the Winchesters arrive back at the bunker from a ghoul hut.

"Remind me not ever to do that again!" Dean said, as he tried to dust himself off, but the sticky substance only remained on his clothes.

"Like you'd even listen?!" Sam retorted.

"Shut up!"

Minutes passed and Sam established the realization.

"You know it's been quiet for cases?!"

"What do you mean quiet? We just got back from a hunt?"

"Yeah, Dean. But there was nothing for months before this case. Maybe the monsters are starting to be extinct."

"Or being smart. No, I don't think they will ever be gone." Dean replied, as he fetched two beers from the fridge. Next, he popped off the lid to one of them. He took a swallow and handed the other one to Sam.

"Well, I don't know about you, but I'm going to take a shower and get some shuteye"

"K. Night."

"Night."

Days passed, and some strange occurrence was beginning to happen in Forks-incidences that Charlie couldn't explain and needed the "right" experts for this. Charlie pulled out a card from the bottom of the dresser draw. He viewed the name and number listed. Charlie sighed, it had been years... He picked up the phone and dialed the number. After a few rings, Charlie hesitated to end the call. Finally, a rough voice answered it.

"Hello."

"Yes. I need to speak to Bobby Singer, please? This is Charlie Swan."

"Bobby isn't available. This is Dean. Maybe I can help? What's going on?"

"Um...He told me to call this number if I ever come across something that he had explained to me as the Supernatural...And well... Here in Forks, Washington-something as such has-I need professionals!"

"Give me your address."

Dean wrote down the directions and said. "We're on the way!" and ended the call.

Sam entered the bunker's kitchen.

"Who was that?"

"An old friend of Bobby's, Charlie Swan."

"The one that Bobby called the ol' Forks boy."

"The same one."

"What did he say?"

"Sounds like he has a case for us."

"Where?"

"In Forks, Washington."

"That's a good drive."

"Yep." Dean verbalized, as he began to pack his duffel bag.

"Wait! Does he know about...Bobby?"

"I doubt it. That's something he deserves to hear in person."

"I agree."

"You coming?"

"Yeah. Let me grab my gear. Meet you at the car." Sam indicated.

In response, Dean nodded.

Few hours later, Charlie received another phone call from the same doctor. Carlisle notified him that Bella was missing and that they were deeply looking into it personally and would not stop. If anyone contacts him and mentions they know them, to call him immediately. If Bella happens to visit there, tell her to call Edward. The doctor went on to divulge to Charlie that he and his family are in distress over her disappearance.

"How long has she been missing?" Charlie quizzed, pensively.

Carlisle had to think very carefully on this. For Charlie doesn't know about his daughter's new way of life.

"Three days."

"Why wasn't Edward with her?" Charlie thundered out.

Carlisle returned with a calm soothing voice. " He was, but they were ambushed and separated."

At the words, "ambush," Charlie flopped down in a local chair. In a serious tone, "Where were they and why were they ambushed?"

"A fear of being in a new place and a bully's advantage, is my guess." Carlisle implied.

Carlisle would not dare tell him the actual truth on how his daughter was in the middle of a vampire foe plot of revenge. He, himself, would be worried about her if she was still human.

Nonetheless, Charlie deserved some truth, just not all of it.

Carlisle recalled in his mind of what his daughter, Alice, had told him of the vision she had. It was true, if Bella was human she would be in danger. Whereas, with her fresh essences, she should be able to take care of this intruder. Alice's visions didn't make no sense at all.

The next morning was dreadful. Charlie hoped this was all a bad dream, but as he walked past Bella's old room, he imagined what it once looked like; instead of an empty room. After the image faded, Charlie sighed as he made his way to the kitchen to pour him a big cup of joe. He went over to the cabinet and took a bar out to eat on the way to work. Today, he wouldn't have the stomach for anything else.

At the office and while going through the notes for him. Suddenly, a knock came at the sheriff's door. Charlie turned around and saw it was his friend, Billy Black.

"Hey Charles. Can we talk, privately? "

"Sure."

Minutes later, Charlie opened the door wide and let his friend wheeled out in front of him.

"I understand. I'll get on it."

"Please do! This makes the second one! The people on the reservation are being restless." Billy responded.

Charlie nodded.

Billy Black pushed himself through the halls, as he had an idea who was responsible. But how could they be, when they weren't even here?

'What's next?' Charlie thought to himself, as he flashed back on what his friend shared.

Later on, Charlie popped into the coroner's office to examine the body of the family member that Billy knew. The flesh and bones were clawed to death and no blood was found at the scene. With that immense gash, blood should have been there.

"What is going on in this town?" Charlie asked comprehensively.