Supernatural Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Helping The Enemy ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Charlie looked out his window, the fall leaves were beginning to depart from the trees. He took a sip of his hot coffee, next he dabbed the wet spot where the liquid substance had escaped his mouth. Charlie was dressed in his normal apparel, since it was his day off. He could hear the rumble from the car before it was in sight. Charlie went outside to meet whoever had arrived in the glossy black impala.

Dean Winchesters had pulled in the small driveway. He put the car in park and nudged his oversize baby brother from his soundless nap.

"Huh? What?" Sam uttered out, awake.

"We're here." Dean resounded and exited out of the car, followed by Sam.

The Winchesters examined the area, they acknowledged Charlie Swan's home and the cop car that was positioned in front of the massive trees. Behind them, was a two story white house.

The Winchester brothers walked up the steps and knocked on the front door. In minutes, a middle aged man came to them, and opened it.

"Fellows?"

"Charlie Swan?"

"Who's asking? Wait! Are you Dean?"

"Yes, I am. This is my brother, Sam Winchester."

"Winchester? You guys kin to John Winchester? Bobby mentioned him a couple of times."

"Yeah, he was our father."

"Was? Oh! My condolences!"

"Thank you!" Sam verbalized.

"Speaking of Bobby, how has he been?" Charlie urged.

"Um...Well.. He's-" Sam commenced.

"Bobby died a few years ago," Dean finished.

"Oh! That's sad! How? Did he-"

"All I can say is he went down swinging." Dean affirmed.

"That's how he wanted to go...Anyways, besides the murder, something else has happened."

"What?"

"My daughter is missing."

"Do you think it's a coincidence?"

"I don't know. The more clues we have, the more we will know if it is, or not."

Charlie cleared his throat, for the sudden stillness was starting to bother him.

" I went ahead and got the files for you. Where I helped Bobby some in the past, I know what you guys do and what you need to make your diagnosis with. After this, we can visit the corner. Or we can wait til morning? I take it you drove all night? I'm sure you are wanting to sleep to have a clear mind.There is a hotel about a couple miles from here."

Dean and Sam took Charlie's suggestions. They went on to say, if he didn't mind waiting, and to keep the files for tomorrow. That they would appreciate it and a nice shower and sleep was much desired. It would be better to tackle this with a rested brain.

Morning had disembarked and the boys had finished their breakfast and soon got to work.They wanted to talk to Billy Black first, some questions they needed to ask him.

An hour later and back at the hotel room.

"Old man Billy was on to something," Dean stated.

"Yep. He said he believed they were as his ancestors called them the cold ones, or cold beings." Sam pronounced.

"I got that too. Little did he know, we knew he had the generics of a werewolf. Not like Garth, though."

"Nope. Yeah, I got that as well."

Dean and Sam dressed in their casual wear that consisted of blue jeans and flannel. They went to see the body next. As they guessed the same occurrence as the one before.

Finally, back at Charlie Swan's emplacement. The boys stood in the doorway, until Charlie told them to find a seat. The Winchesters took a seat on the old green couch and in front of it was a wooden coffee table. It was odd to look at the files last, but then again it was unusual to gaze at these at a sheriff's home, too.

In the midst of viewing the documents, Sam and Dean saw the wedding picture of Edward and Bella. This picture was right beside another one that had the same woman with a yellow cap and gown on.

"Is that your daughter?"

"Yes, and my son in law. The other one was her Senior cap and gown picture. Something that still puzzles me. They had adopted a daughter and that child grew like inches in a matter of days. It was bizarre! I even went over to their house when it was their wedding day and it was a bit weird. They had a frame hung on the wall with graduation caps...I don't know them all personally, just two-three..Edward, like I mentioned, son in law...Alice, I really enjoyed speaking with. And Carlisle-He's easy to speak to as well and he's the-was the town's doctor...But out from the Cullen's, there's Jake. "

"What about him?" Sam questioned.

"I don't know...At first it was like he was the third in the love triangle." Charlie remarked.

"Love Triangle?" Dean implored, befuddled.

"Yeah. Bella had a difficult time picking between Edward and Jacob."

"Oh."

"Then, Jake showed me something I will never forget!"

"Which was?"

"Now, I've seen some weird stuff in my days...Like this boy I knew all of his life, transformed into a wolf right in front of my eyes!"

"Was he bitten?"

"What?-No! He told me he was born like this, it was in his ancestors blood that flowed in his veins. That they-he wasn't the enemy, but the protector of this city."

"Seriously?!" Dean uttered out.

"You believe him?"

"That boy has not once lied to me, I could tell it was hard for him to reveal his secret. So yeah, I believe him. Also, after their honeymoon, Bella had caught some kind of a bug. Once I was able to see her. It appeared to be Bella, but it was like her outer self shell. All of this happened within lengths of the other. "

Sam and Dean didn't comment on this, they would not tell Mr. Swan what his daughter actually was. If he ever found out, he would always be at risk.

Sam placed the report back on the wooden bench and requested.

"If you don't mind, Mr. Swan. I would like to check your daughter's room for any clues."

"Sure. If it will help."

Sam went to look around to see if he could gather any details of this missing girl. As he entered the small room, he comprehended some things. The previous filled walls that had tape or nail marking were now bare. It had left a different darker shade of paint. Her bed was made up with a lavender flowers comforter draped over it, with two white pills at the top. Bella's father left the room as she did. In case, she ever decided to come back; a home to always come to.

Sam ascended back in the living room, where Dean and Charlie were still at.

"Anything?" Charlie asked.

"No, sorry."

"Now, what?" Charlie asked, as he noted the sky outside was dark.

"Sammy and I will head over to the doctor's house" Dean announced.

"It's getting late, though."

"Good. It will be the best time to work." Sam emphasized.

"Oh, if you say so. By the way, the Cullen's are not there. Carlisle called me and told me that they moved to another residence. Where Carlisle is a doctor, and a friend of his needed help at the local hospital."

"Ah. okay."

"We will go and observe everywhere. The slightest traces could help us." Sam suggested.

"Right. I understand that. Be careful boys! Whatever is doing this, is still out there."

The Winchesters nodded and soon after went outside to climb into the Impala.