Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ A New Hope ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Five weeks since it happened. Only five weeks since the bad guy, or in this case, girl, got away from the Titans. The worst part-that all they knew about the perpetrator was her name, Black Ruby, and that she worked for her sister, Scarlett. Not a lot to go on.
 
On his last day at the hospital, Craven looked around his bedroom. Fire, Cy, BG, and Robin were all there. Terrence was also there, looking at his friend through pleasant eyes, while he had his arm around Beastgirl. They reminded him of himself and Angel.
 
“Friends, we must go out tonight to celebrate such a joyous occasion. I insist-it's on me. Mustard for everyone!”
 
Everybody laughed as they walked out to the street in front of the hospital. It was a beautiful day out; even though a thunderstorm was expected later that evening. The friends joked casually as though nothing ever happened. But to the long, dark haired woman hiding in the alley, this was great news.
 
The woman pulled out a black communicator, like the Titans own, and the screen popped to life.
 
“Scar, they're leaving later tonight to go partying. Shall I strike then?”
 
“Yes, when they're away, strike. Remember- when the cat's away, the mice will play.”
 
 
*~*~*~*
 
 
Later that night, the Tower was dark and dead silent. The team was off partying with Terrence, and they even took Sammy along with them to have a full house.
 
Actually, it's more of an empty house now. This will be easy.
 
Ruby stood gazing in the Tower's living room. The game station's light was on-Beastgirl and Cybergirl were game addicts. A half chewed toy sat on the ground-Sammy was a disgusting little creature to Ruby, and she was really rather glad they took the bug with them.
 
She easily found her way to the record room-it was on the floor above their sleeping quarters. First, she went through Craven's files.
 
Name: Craven
Age: 18