Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ A New Hope ❯ Beginning of Heartache ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This isn't good. I haven't heard from Angel for two weeks tomorrow. Not good at all.
 
Craven was pacing in his room now. Two weeks without a word from her, and that wasn't normal for them.
 
Suddenly, Craven's confusion and concern reached a new level-anger. He ran at the wall of his dark room and punched a large hole in it. Plaster fell from the ceiling.
 
His hand still in the wall, he leaned against the part that was undamaged by his anger. A tentative knock came from the hallway.
 
“Friend Craven? Is everything all right with you? Or perhaps would you like to talk over a nice cup of mustard?”
Craven sighed. None of the others knew of his relationship with Angel, or to them, Red X, and if they did, he could be labeled a traitor and booted off the team.
 
“I'm okay, Fire. No need to worry.” He walked over to the door and opened it. He found a worried looking Firestar looking at him. “In fact, I was just headed out for a walk.”
 
“May I join you?”
 
“Um…no, I'd like to go alone, if you don't mind.”
 
“Oh…okay. Have fun on your walk.” A clearly disappointed Fire walked away from him.
 
*~*~*~*~*
 
 
Walking down the warehouse district, Craven looked around. His collar turned up, he shuddered. For a summer night, it was fairly chilly out. The joys of living by a bay. Reaching warehouse 5B, Angel's rented out `apartment,' he knocked.
 
“Angel, you in there? It's me, Craven.”
 
No response.
 
“Angel?”
 
He shoved open the door to the warehouse. It was dark inside, aside from the dull glow from the moonlight hitting the windows.
 
Everything was as he remembered it. The couch, bed, fridge, table, everything as it should be. Except it hadn't been touched in almost two weeks.
 
Aside from the note on her table with his name on it, of course.
 
Her walked over and picked the note up, opened it, and read.
 
Craven:
I'm sorry it has to be this way. I didn't mean for it to get this out of hand. But it has. Now, I have to leave you. I couldn't bring myself to tell you in person. Please, please, please, understand.
 
I'm sorry.
 
Angel
 
A lone teardrop made the last `I'm sorry' bleed down into her name.
 
Craven felt his own eyes water. His vision blurred slightly, and he blinked away tears.
 
“Aw, how loathingly sweet… Makes me want to throw up.”
 
Craven felt himself tremble with anger, no-hatred. He turned.
 
In the doorway stood Scarlett.
 
“What the hell do you want?”
 
“Me? Why, you, of course.”
 
The last thing Craven remembered was a stinging pain in his neck as blackness swallowed him.
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Nyah-hah. That's where I'll leave it for tonight. Hate me for my evil cliffhanger maker-ness! (Yes, I know that made no sense.)