Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ A New Hope ❯ The Call ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any of this yada yada yada the usual.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
It was four o' clock. Nathan had been sitting by the telephone all day, waiting for Marie to call. He sat in the plush maroon recliner, staring at it, willing it to ring. Yet still it resisted and didn't ring.
 
Ruby paced in front of him, mumbling to herself.
 
“That girl should've called to make plans by now…why hasn't the girl called…”
 
Nathan, head on his hands, looked up at her.
 
“Mother, stop pacing. Besides, it's not your date-it's mine. Chill, will you?”
 
She stopped and looked at him.
 
“I would if she would only-“
 
The phone rang.
 
Ruby shut up as Nathan reached over calmly and picked up the receiver.
 
“Hello?”
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Marie was sitting alone in her room; curtains pulled, lights out, only candles offering light. She sat on her bed; phone in hand. With somewhat shaking hands, she dialed Nathan's number and listened to it ring almost once.
 
“Hello?”
 
Nathan sounded calm. Marie didn't.
 
“Uh, hey, Nathan? It's Marie.”
 
“Hey. What's up?”
 
“Just thought I'd call and…well, I was hoping you might want to, I don't know, maybe do something later if you're not busy. That is, if you want to.”
 
Unknown to Marie, Nathan was smirking at Ruby, who rolled her eyes before pacing around as he talked.
 
“Hey, let me check, but I'm pretty sure I'm not busy. Hang on, I'm putting you on hold.”
 
Nathan hit the hold button.
 
“Well?”

”She wants to go out later. Can I, Mommy? Can I?”
 
“You keep talking like that to me, no. You already know the answer to that anyway.”
 
Nathan smirked again and hit the hold button again.
 
“Marie? Yeah, I'm not busy. So, what do you want to do and when should I pick you up?”
 
“I dunno. Maybe go for a walk in the park, around eight?”
 
“Sounds good to me.”

”Okay. See you then?”
 
“See you then.”
 
Marie put the phone back on the receiver, took a quick breath, and lay back on her bed. Four `o five. She had quite a while to wait.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
As he put the phone down, Ruby looked at him.
 
“So, who's going where and doing what to whom tonight?”
 
“I'm picking her up around eight to take a walk in the park.”
 
Ruby laughed.
 
“That's the best your teenage minds could come up with?”
 
“Yeah, all you did was knock my dad out, screw him, let him loose, had me, raised me, and intend for me to take him out.”
 
He brought his hand up to his face and willed it glow the light purple like Craven and Marie did.
 
“Not that I mind, these powers are fairly cool.”
 
“Just be sure not to impregnate your `sister,' will you?”
 
“Suuure. Whatever you say, but she's not my sister, and you know it.”
 
“Yes, I do know it, but if you must, use protection.”
 
“Of course, wouldn't want to be like dad, now would I?”
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
AN: Dear Lord this is bad. Well, that's a matter of opinion, really, but yeah. Sorry for the wait, and as (now) always, post any questions in a review or mail me or something. Next chapter: the date. (joy)