Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ A New Hope ❯ The Date ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: If you already know I don't own anything, why bother putting this crap up? Some Cradle of Filth song lyric usage, but I don't own any of the lyrics to their songs, especially Nymphetamine. Which really sucks, since that's an awesome song.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Time to pick up the girlfriend. Everything was set. Or so Nathan hoped.
 
At 8:05, he was zooming along the bridge connecting the Tower to the city. Lights bounced onto an off of his black helmet as they came on, one by one, as he zoomed past.
 
Nathan skidded to a stop outside the outer doors or the Tower. He pressed the doorbell, then stood back and waited. The security system flickered to life before him, a video camera looking down. From somewhere in the Tower, Marie looked at him.
 
“It's Nathan, let him in.”
 
The doors opened and he stepped inside the elevator that would take him into the living room.
 
He leaned against a wall of the elevator. He had on a pair of black jeans and a black tee shirt, complete with a black suit jacket. His hair was slicked back, some falling on his face, shading his eyes.
 
The doors opened and he stood, walking out of the elevator. Marie was waiting for him, clad in a pair of regular blue jeans and a light blue tank top. She smiled at him.
 
“Ready?”
 
“When you are.”
 
She nodded and called out. “Dad, I'm leaving now. Be back in a while.”
 
“Home by eleven thirty, have fun.” Craven replied from another room.
 
Marie grabbed Nathan's wrist and pulled him towards the elevator's door. Once inside and the doors shut, she smiled at him again.
 
“So, just a regular moonlit walk in the park, right?”
 
“That's what I planned on, yeah, why?”
 
“Just checking.”
 
“Hoping for a romantic evening out on the town, followed by a bit of fun into the late night hours before I return you, exhausted, to your bed in the Tower?”
 
She blushed. “In so many words, yes. Sort of.”
 
“Well, I'll see what I can do.”
 
The doors opened up to the chilled night air and they stepped out. The couple got onto his motorcycle and zoomed off across the bay, under the watchful eyes of parents that shouldn't have been watching.
 
*~*~*~*
 
The city park in Jump City was fairly large, and mostly forest in nature, pardoning the puns. The night conditions, along with the darkness the trees and other foliage, created many perfect hiding spots for unwanted onlookers.
 
Which is what Ruby intended to use to her advantage.
 
Nathan and Marie started at the southern end of the park and started walking towards the north end, then planned to double back to his motorcycle and then head home.
 
Halfway to the north end…
 
Marie laughed. Surprisingly, Nathan was very funny and good at telling jokes. She figured that since he was considered gothic that he would be depressing and unhappy. She looked at him, and then dared to move herself closer as they walked. Gathering more courage as they went, she eventually leaned her head on his shoulder, and he put an arm around her.
 
“So…we've covered favorites, dislikes, the general things. What about…family?”
 
The moon rose over the two, illuminating their path.
 
He sighed. “Well, I live with my mom, but I never knew my dad.” Because you haven't introduced us yet. “She told me that they barely knew each other, it was a quick screw, she left him without even knowing she was having me. So I'm an only child who's never met his father. Fun, huh?”
 
“Oh, I'm sorry.”
 
“It's okay, I'm sure I'll meet him someday. Not really mad at him or anything, after all, my mom left him. Well, what about your family?”
 
“Extended or actual?”
 
“Actual, then extended.”
 
“Hm, okay. Actual, just my dad, Craven, and mom, Angel. Extended, Cygirl, Beastgirl, Firestar, Terrence, Aqualassie, Mas y Menos, Stinger, and Quicky.”
 
“Quite the family.”
 
“Yeah, I know, but hey…you're not like other guys.”
 
“Why do you say that?” He turned to look at her.
 
“Because most of them laugh at Quicky's name.”
 
What? Oh…I get it. Yeah, they would laugh. Damn insensitive jerks.”
 
Marie sighed. “Yeah…”
 
Nathan spotted a bench and sat down, Marie following. They gazed up together at the full moon, leaning on each other. Nathan murmured something under his breath.
 
“What?”
 
“What what?”
 
“You said something, didn't you?”
 
“Oh, just…just saying a part of a song I like.”
 
“Come on, tell me.”
 
“Okay… `Wracked with your charm, I am circled like prey
here in the forests where whispers persuade.
More sugar trails, more white ladies laid,
than pillars of salt.' I know it doesn't make much sense, but hey, I like it.”
 
She sighed and leaned on him.
 
“Doesn't matter to me.”
 
A glint of moonlight hit Nathan's watch as he shifted, and Marie gasped.
 
“Oh crap, have we really been out here that long? I need to get home.”
 
He glanced at it. “Hmm, dang. Oh well. Time to get the little lady home.”
 
As they made their way back to his motorcycle, they still leaned on one another.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Back at the Tower, the couple said goodnight to each other under a faint porchlight. Their lips touched briefly before both turned away.