Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ A New Hope ❯ Fireworks ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: The usual, there is nothing I own, not even the clothes on my back. Well, okay, the wristbands are mine, but other than that, yeah.
 
About chapter: Originally supposed to be a sex scene, I decided that, it being the Fourth of July, to make it a regular makeout scene. So different, I know.
 
To Inughost: At least I know I have one avid reader of this series that actually likes this. It's always a pleasure to read your thoughts.
 
Now, to the chapter!
 
*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Later that night…
 
Nathan pulled into the underground garage and parked his motorcycle. A figure approached him as he turned.
 
“So, how did it go?”
 
“Aside from the few times I thought you'd be seen by her, it went fine.”
 
“Fine? That's all you have to say about it?”
 
“Yea, it is. Problem?” Nathan sat down on his favorite chair by the phone and glared at her.
 
She threw up her hands. “Fine, fine, fine, whatever.” A curious glimmer came into her eye. “So, anything…exciting happen?”
 
“Oh, yeah, a lot of groping, moaning, panting and screaming. And that was just while we were tearing off each others clothes in a mad frenzy.”
 
His glare was replaced with a grin at his sarcastic words. Ruby
 
“Cute.”
 
*~*~*~*~*~*
 
When Marie entered the Tower, only Craven was still up. Which was rare, it being close to midnight. He was sitting under a lamp in a cozy chair, reading. He looked up as she came in.
 
“Hey. How'd it go?”
 
“Great. I'm going to get clean, then I'm heading to bed. Don't stay up too late.”
 
She walked over and kissed him goodnight, then turned and headed to her room to get ready.
 
She shut the door and walked over to her bed, then sat down. She recalled the night's events, realizing this could be the start of a beautiful friendship…
 
*~*~*~*~*~*
 
(For the sake of somehow forwarding the plot, we will now skip the next 4 months)
 
4 months later
 
The night sky was lit up in brilliant shades of blue, green, orange, yellow, and red. It was the fourth of July and everyone in Jump City was celebrating.
 
Even the villains.
 
Nathan and Marie sat on top of the Tower alone, watching the fireworks. They lay on blankets and had one thrown over them, and Nathan had his arm around her. The rest of the team was in the Tower, watching on the big screen, giving the couple their privacy.
 
As the bright lights filled the sky, the pair had slowly begun to kiss, going slowly at first, but gaining more courage as they began to French each other passionately. Their tongues fought for dominance, both giving each other equal shares of it.
 
He and Marie had been going steady for about five months now, Nathan realized at one instance when they paused for breath and he gazed down into her eyes. A few months earlier, he began to feel something for her, but only now did he realize- he cared for her, dared he say love?