Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ A New Hope ❯ Violence is Fun ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: Sorry for the wait. I'm really busy, what with summer theater and creativity gaps and such. I will try to update more often, but hopefully this will whet your appetite.
 
*~*~*~*~*
 
The sky was turning a brilliant shade of golden red as the sun set over Jump City. Underground, however, one wouldn't know.
 
Ruby approached Nathan as he was finishing getting ready to go out for the night.
 
“So…you remember what we planned on tonight?”
 
“The group is out of town. Angel's at home alone while I'm out with Marie. You sneak in and take her out. To be certain that we don't get sidetracked with any calls for help, I've contracted a moron to attempt to rob a bank while you do your job. I impress her, we head home, but oops, too late to save mommy.”
 
“Precisely…and if you don't mind, next time, don't put on so much cologne.”
 
*~*~*~*~*
 
Nathan hopped off his bike at precisely 7:15 to pick up Marie. He rode up in the main elevator to the living room, had a pleasant conversation with Angel while waiting, and then left with Marie around 7:21.Thanks to a chip planted on his long leather trench coat, Ruby knew her window of opportunity was open. She waited for an hour before approaching the Tower alone as night fell.
 
*~*~*~*~*
 
Nathan laughed. He and Marie were walking through the park again, but it was illuminated from lights the city put in and the occasional lightening bug. He had his arm around her, and aside from the occasional other couples, they were alone.
 
“So…”
 
“Yea-hold on.” Marie blushed. The necklace she was wearing had started to blink, signaling trouble. She turned away.
 
“I've gotta go. Duty calls.”
 
“What is it this time? Maybe I could help.”
 
“Bank robbery. But I can't watch your butt out there.”
 
“I can watch it myself, thanks anyway. And hey, as much as I'd love to give you a reason to look, we can't afford to make mistakes out there. Let's go.”
 
When they arrived at the bank, it seemed deserted. When they went inside, the bank vaults were empty aside from a complete moron holding a guard at sword point.
 
“May I?” Nathan asked as he stepped forward, drawing a sword of his own- a stainless steel rapier.
 
Marie looked from him to his sword and back, slightly surprised. “Uh, go ahead.”
 
*~*~*~*~*
 
Ruby entered the Tower unnoticed by Angel.
 
At least, not until it was a tad bit too late.
 
The toilet flushed, Angel turned the water off, dried her hands, and turned left to head to her room as Ruby crept up, knife in hand.
 
The second she lifted the knife; Angel turned and kicked it out of her hands.
 
“You!”
 
Angel delivered a hard blow to Ruby's chin, causing her to stumble back and bite her tongue, causing a small crimson gusher in her mouth. Ruby kicked her stomach, only to be blocked by Angel. She spun around the hall and came up behind Angel, then kicked her in the small of her back to the ground, where she rolled twice before getting back up again, a small bruise on her hand where she blocked and fell.
 
Both women scrambled for the knife, but Ruby got there first. She sliced the air in front of Angel a few times before making contact with the flesh on her arm, slicing a clean gash from her forearm to her shoulder. Angel cried out in pain before falling back a few paces to distance herself from her attacker. Ruby charged her again, but the knife was thrown from her hand once more as she was tripped by a quick swipe from Angel.
 
Having disarmed her once more, Angel head butted Ruby in the chest, rewarded with the sound of something cracking. But it was a tad too late; Ruby had something else up her sleeve.
 
Angel's eyes shut tightly in a vain attempt to stop the pain. A switchblade was hidden in Ruby's sleeve; she had stabbed Angel in the stomach.
 
*~*~*~*~*
 
AN: And now to make you all hate me for stopping the action. And wow, that was violent.