Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Inside Beast Boy ❯ Bad signs ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
Beast Boy woke up in the morning, but he was feeling a little funny…
 
Usually he was all hip-hop and ready for a new day, but today his throat felt a little dry, and he had a little bit of chest pains, but he thought it was just from sleeping the wrong way all night…
 
Or possibly from too much making out last night with his young wife, Terra. The other Titans wondered how those two could possibly make out that much.
 
Still… now wasn't the time to be thinking about that too much, because Slade was on the loose again, and the Titans were already after him.
 
“TITANS… MOVE!!” cried Robin and everyone continued to run up the streets after him. Copy-Cat used his psychic foresight to tap into Slade's thoughts. “Yes… yes… it is really him!” he said. “It is really Slade!”
 
This was great for everyone to hear, for usually it was only one of Slade's robotic-copies they ended up chasing, but since Copy-Cat was able to sense his thoughts with his foresight… this Slade was the real deal.
 
“Yo'… let's go back that brute!” Cyborg said as he cocked his sonic-cannon ready for action.
 
“Dude…!” Beast-Boy nearly roared, but suddenly he began to cough a little “Let's… uh… get him… ack!”
 
“Beast-Boy… you alright…?” Terra asked.
 
Beast-Boy cleared his throat, “Yeah… just a little dry throat.”
 
“Poor little Beast-Boy…” hissed a voice. The Titans turned to look cast their look at Slade who had stopped running, “Perhaps you we should just let me go and fight another day when you are fit again.”
 
The young green-man gritted his teeth, “Dude… don't you even get me fired up!” he snarled.
 
Slade whipped out a pair of steel-pipes, “Then come Titans… shall we dance?”
 
“You're going down Slade!” Robin snarled, “TITANS… GO!!” and everyone charged into battle.
 
Robin went first and came at Slade with his metal-staff, but Slade managed to block his attack with one of his pipes and hit Robin hard with the other one. Starfire was raging made, “How dare you hit my husband!” she roared as she began to fire her star-bolts.
 
Slade ran up the streets in attempt to evade them, “Oh no you don't…!” but Terra used her powers to cause the rocks in the road to rise up and form a wall right in his way allowing the star-bolts to hit him. Sadly, they hadn't done all that much damage.
 
When the dust had cleared Slade leapt up through the dust and gave Starfire a huge sock in the face sending her down.
 
“Slade…!” Copy-Cat called as he extended his wolverine battle claws, “Prepare yourself!”
 
Slade merely chuckled, “Easy now kitty… you do want to land on your feet after all.” and at once their combat-battle commenced. Still… even with Copy-Cat's foresight to keep one step ahead of Slade's moves, Slade had also discovered how to read Copy-Cat's breath and determine his own movements… and Slade Managed to land a powerful blow to Copy-Cat's gut.
 
“Yo' man… up here.” Cyborg said as he flew in with his new jet-pack. Copy-Cat got the message and they both slapped each other a high-five which allowed Copy-Cat to transform into Cyborg… except for his Robin's mask.
 
The two Cyborgs charged at him, and they managed to out beat him two to one. Metal-fists flying… missiles launching… and the Sonic-Cannons really hit him good, but still… Slade wasn't out of his yet, and he still managed to knock them both out of the way.
 
Raven and Terra went at him now… Raven used her powers, “Azarath… Metrione… ZINTHOS!!” and forced Slade's metal-pipes to wrap around him, and this limited his speed and dodging abilities.
 
Terra zoomed in, “Take this!” and she bombarded him with as many rocks and boulders she could lift. Slade wasn't able to dodge a single one, and he was beginning to get a little tired, but he still had a lot in him, and managed to get the pipes off him. “Silly girl… have you forgotten who taught you how to become strong?” he asked her as he hopped along more of the rocks, and managed to reach her without much trouble.
 
“AAH!!” Slade hit her hard and she flew backwards right into Raven. “Silly girls… you never will learn.” he hissed, but suddenly he got bashed from behind by a T-Rex's tail.
 
Beast-Boy really hated it when people hit on his friends like that, especially if one of them was Terra, “No one can beta on my wife like not. Not even me!” he thought angrily.
 
He spared Slade nothing, and gave him not a chance to defend himself. He changed into so many huge animals and really let him have it… yet he was starting to feel a little pain starting to build up in his body… but he simply ignored it as he was having a hell of time beating Slade up.
 
The other Titans couldn't believe their eyes, “Remind me… never to get angry at him again…” Raven said. All the others nodded in agreement with their jaws wide-open.
 
Beast-Boy delivered one final whack at Slade, and then he changed back into his regular form and had slammed Slade down to the ground and keeping him at bay. “Look… he has done it!” cried Starfire, “Our friend is holding Slade down.”
 
After all this time… it looked as though the Titan's long struggle with Slade was going to come to an end…
 
Beast-Boy threw his arms in the air as he cheered with joy, but suddenly he began coughing again. “Dude…! I so… got you…!” his coughing became worse and worse, “You're… not… getting… away--” and he started wheezing as he held his chest tight.
 
“Beast-Boy!” cried Terra as the others rushed over, but not before Slade managed to throw Beast-Boy off of him, and Slade dove down into a manhole. “Better luck next time.” he hissed… then he was gone.
 
Robin was really steamed, they finally had managed to capture Slade and he got away once again, but right now he and the others were more concerned about Beast-Boy who was still coughing and wheezing.
 
“Yo'… you alright?” Cyborg asked with concern.
 
“Friend… what is that is hurting you?” added Starfire.
 
Beast-Boy looked up, and his cheeks seemed awful red, and he was barley able to speak “Aah… aah! Having… trouble… BREATHING!!” the finally… he fainted backwards.
 
“Beast-Boy…?” Terra cried, but he didn't even stir, “BEAST-BOY…!”
 
Even Raven believed that Beast-Boy wasn't joking. Cyborg used his wrist-computer, “Yo'… his heart-rate's not looking so good.” he told the others, “And his temperature's going up too much.”
 
There was no alternative. Since the Tower was too far away, they all decided to take Beast-Boy straight to the hospital. Terra was really worried about him… whatever it was he had… it sure looked serious.