Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Inside Beast Boy ❯ Heartbreaking News ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
The hospitals ER worked in a near panic to try and stabilize Beast-Boy's breathing, and cool down his temperature. Among the doctors and specialists was Beast-Boy's old friend, Dr. Nobel Von-Richter. (Fictionally crated, it's not really true)
 
The scientist who saved Beast-Boy's life from his terminal illness all those years ago, and made him Green… and now he was in there trying to help the boy who felt like a son to him.
 
The other Titans were forced to wait outside, and Terra was on the verge of tears. “Hey, take it easy…” Cyborg said comfortingly to her, but Terra whipped round at him, “How can I calm down?” she cried, “What if it's really serious?”
 
The others knew what she meant by that. They were all very worried about Beast-Boy. Starfire even had a few tears to shed too, “What if it is serious…” she said, “Perhaps our friend has contracted some rather nasty monster inside of him that will grown and devour his very body and then come back for the rest of us?”
 
The others raised confused eyebrows at her statement, and then finally the doctor came out, but he had a rather dismal look on his face. “You may come in and see him now…” he told everyone, “But you won't like what you see.”
 
Terra nearly dashed down the hallway at once…
 
In BB's room… the poor little green-man was still unconscious “In a coma…” according to the doctor's tests. His green skin seemed a little pale. He was hooked up to a respirator, and breathing mask. His bed was set on a cool temperature, and his heart-rate still looked pretty bad on the monitor.
 
“Just give it to us straight.” Robin said, “Maybe he's just caught something bad, or he's over exhausted?”
 
The doctor and, Von-Richter stared at each other with those looks of despair, and the doctor told them. “I'm afraid it's far worse.” He drew up his courage to tell them, “I'm afraid that, Mr. Logan is… dying.”
 
Terra felt her heart skip a beat, “Oh no…” she peeped as he held her hand to her face. “No… he… he can't be!”
 
The doctor nodded his head, “We've done all we can for him. He appears to be suffering from a rare and fatal disease called Sakutia but how he contracted it in this city we don't know.”
 
“Sakutia…?” Copy-Cat asked, “Wait a moment. Was that not the name of the fatal disease Beast-Boy had contracted long during his time of youth?”
 
Von-Richter stepped in to explanation, “Yes… I'm afraid it iz.” he answered, “And unfortunately zee green zyrum I gave `im back zen did not officially destroy zee disease, but rather `eld it back.”
 
“So now it looks as thought it's come back after all this time to finish what it started.” Cyborg said.
 
Everyone turned to face Raven, but she got onto their idea at once and suggested against it. “I dare not try and heal him using my powers.” she said, “It might even make things worse.”
 
Robin then turned back to face the two men, “Looks like it's all up to you guys now.” he said, “You've got to find a cure for him.”
 
But the doctor shook his head, “It isn't that simple.” he said, “I'm afraid there isn't anything I can do for him.”
 
Terra's head jerked up, “But how can you just give in like this?” she said tearfully, “That's my husband lying there in that bed. You have to do something!”
 
“She is right…” Copy-Cat said in near anger, “You two cannot just let our friend die. We cannot afford to lose him.”
 
“You don't underztand…” Von-Richter said, “I doubt zat even I can `elp `im now. Zee Green zyrum was all zat I `ad, but now with zis condition… I just don't know.”
 
Robin was really losing his cool now, “Now you listen to me…!” he said very deeply. “You have got to find something that can help him. We're going to back to the tower and leave you and the specialists you have to it… but come up with something! Beast Boy must not die!”
 
The doctor had no choice but agree with Robin, “We'll do all we can for him… but time is very short.” He told them all, “Unless any improvement shows… I dare say that he'll be gone within four days.”
 
Terra couldn't hold it in anymore, “Oh, Beast-Boy!” she buried her head next to his body on the bed and began sobbing into the sheets. “No, no, no! You mustn't die! I can't lose you…”
 
Robin hugged Starfire close to him letting her cry. Raven and Copy-Cat held hands in anguish, and Raven even had her own tears to shed.
 
As for Cyborg, well… his emotion was a mixture of sadness and anger. His best little buddy was going to be dead. Who would he torture at video games? Who would be there to make a rotten joke? Who would he call “My favorite little green-guy?”
 
Even though he knew it wouldn't help matters, and that Slade was not responsible for the incident… “I'll get Slade for this…!” he muttered under his breath, “If it's the last thing I do… I'll get him!”
 
Easily, Terra had it the worst…. She just couldn't let him go.
 
Beast-Boy… the guy she loved. The very guy who forgave her after several occasions of heart-break and horror… The same little guy who brought her to her senses and made her see that some things never change, and she belonged with him rather than a normal life without him.
 
Now they had barely married for a year, and he was leaving her for reasons beyond control. Before leaving, all Terra could do was eye her husband one last time, and then plant a kiss on his cheek…
 
…sadly, he didn't even move.
 
“Come on Terra…” Cyborg said, “Let's get out of here.”
 
She knew it was for the best, so he took Cyborg's hand, and walked with the others out of the room. Von-Richter felt really bad for her… he never knew what it felt like to love someone the way she loved Beast-Boy… but he did know how it felt to lose someone you loved just as much.
 
“My poor little Garfield…”
 
Author's notes:
 
To all those out there who may have gone through these horrid events… I'd like to apologize if my fic had made you feel all upset again.
 
I can understand just as much too.