Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Inside Beast Boy ❯ Borrowing a Miracle ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
Nobody had really gotten too much sleep last night; they were all far too worried about Beast-Boy. Especially Terra, who had spent the night in her husband's room instead of her own…
 
“Poor girl's really takin' it hard.” Cyborg said.
 
“I know… and who could blame her.” added Robin.
 
Starfire began to get a little overdramatic, and she hugged Robin tight… really tight. “Oh… I my beloved Robin were to leave me for the next life… I would hug my pillows every hour on the hour and cry my damaged heart to death.”
 
“Uh… that's nice Star…!” Robin said with his face squished against his wife's body. “Uh… can you let me go before you really kill me?!”
 
Starfire smiled in embarrassment, and let her husband go. “Forgive me please…”
 
Cyborg, Raven and Copy-Cat sweat-dropped with their eyes widened. “O-kay… That was really something.” Raven said.
 
“I believe that Starfire is merely… uh, what is the Earth term? Showing that she cares.” added Copy-Cat.
 
“Just hope the girl doesn't care about me that much…” said Cyborg.
 
Still they understood. Copy-Cat and Raven knew they would feel depressed and hurt if they lost each other, and even though Cyborg still hadn't found his special someone; he was just the ladies man, always going on dates with hot girls in his spare time… lots of admirers he had… Still, he'd feel just as bad.
 
Just then, the lounge-doors opened, and in walked Terra. Her eyes were all red from sobbing last night, and she was holding a handkerchief in her hand, all drenched from dabbing her eyes so much.
 
This was the first time she had shown herself all day since locking herself up with her sorrows since last night. She walked sadly over to the freezer and grabbed a bucket of ice-cream. Then she grabbed a spoon and headed back for the door.
 
“Uh… Terra…” Robin called softly to her, “You okay…?”
 
Terra shut her eyes tight letting more tears fall from her face. “I don't want to talk about it…” she cried and then she was gone, back to Beast-Boy's room.
 
The others all sighed…
 
Over the next couple of days, Robin would call the hospital and try to see how things were coming with Beast-Boy, but sadly he got the same answer every time. Beast-Boy's health hadn't improved. If anything… he was growing worse by the hour.
 
Even Von-Richter had been hard at it trying to figure a way that could save Beast-Boy. So far all he had determined was of the virus located deep within his heart, but that wasn't the only problem…
 
The damage that monster had put on Beast-Boy was sever to his vital-organs and his immune-system, and growing worse. A surgical operation was out of the question, that would only kill him faster.
 
He couldn't even use the BIGRAT machine that could suck DNA out of his systems, for it wouldn't improve while Beast-Boy was unconscious. It would kill him immediately just by hooking him up tot all the wires.
 
Raven couldn't use her powers to heal him, and Copy-Cat's Senzu-Beans only healed physical and vital injuries. They did not work on illnesses of any sort.
 
Von-Richter was on the point oh having one of his nervous break-downs. It seemed that matter what he thought up, all his ideas had to be dismissed due to the fact that Beast-Boy's health was far to critical, or that there just wasn't enough time to put any plans into action.
 
He sat back in his chair, alone in his lab near exhausted from all his hard work and thinking too hard, and that's when his eyes feel upon one of his old machines, “Ahh, my old Shrink-ray.” he thought to himself.
 
It was an old invention that he made forty years ago. It allowed him to shrink objects or people down to many fractions their normal sizes, sadly it only lasted for a limited amount of time before the object or person would stabilize back to their normal size, but oh what times they were…
 
Von-Richter remembered how he used it to explore plant-lives… mysteries beyond the naked-eye… molecular structures up close, and even once he and some of his old followers explored inside… “The `human-body…!”
 
Von-Richter's head was suddenly flooded with possible ideas. “I must get a-`old of zee Titans…” he cried for joy.
 
 
The Titans were paying a visit to Beast-Boy at the hospital that day. “How is he doc… is he any better?” Cyborg asked.
 
“I'm afraid not…” the doctor regretted to say, “Hardly any pulse at all now. Borrowing a miracle… he will be dead within thirty-six hours.”
 
“No… he just can't go.” Terra simply said. Her cheeks were stained with tears. “He can't leave us. I love him… we all love him.”
 
The doctor smiled, “I know you do…” he said, “But I'm afraid I just don't know what to do anymore. I just… don't… know.”
 
“But I do…” came a voice from the door. Everyone turned to see Von-Richter there. “I just may `ave a zolution.”
 
He motioned the Titans to meet him outside, and he explained to them how he had a special-kind of medicine that could help Beast-Boy recover from his internal injuries made from the green-serum once used. “If vee can successvully get it into `is blood-ztream… it just may zave `im.”
 
The Titan's eyes began to fill with hope. “Yo' hold on here…” Cyborg cut in, “How the heck are we going to be able to get into his whole blood-stream that fast?”
 
“Yes…” added Starfire, “I believe it was mentioned that such a procedure was too dangerous to be performed.”
 
“And what about that virus inside him?” Raven asked. “Won't it just eventually come back and get him again?”
 
That's when Vo-Richter's eyes glowed behind his glasses. “Correct… not on zee outside…but…”
 
Copy-Cat already sensed his thoughts, “…but there is always the inside?”
 
Von-Richter nodded, but suddenly the Titans began to get the drift. “Whoa-ho-hoa… hold up here.” Cyborg said. “Tell me you're not thinking…”
 
Copy-Cat sensed Von-Richter's thoughts. “He is thinking it…” Von-Richter was planning to shrink the Titans down, and send them inside Beast-Boy's very body.”
 
The Titans didn't know whither to protest or go along with the idea. Was it even safe? What were they all thinking… of course it wasn't safe for so many incredible reasons that there wasn't enough time to talk about them all.
 
“Come on you guys…” Terra said, “If it's the only chance… I say we go for it.”
 
It take the Titans a second to agree with her. Beast-Boy's life was on the line, and this was all they could do. Enter his body… spread the vaccine… and hopeful vanquish the viruses and parasites in his body forever!
 
“Okay then…” Robin said, “We go…!”