Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Inside Beast Boy ❯ Ready to go. ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
Over the next day or so… Von-Richter had been hard at work getting everything the Titans would need. The plan was to shrink down to the size of microbes… then enter Beast-Boy's body by being injected into his arm where they then have to make for his heart where the action was.
 
However, Von-Richter had warned him that Beast-Boy's condition was worsening every hour. Any delay in the mission would probably make everything go wrong.
 
There were many things to worry about…
 
For one thing… they would all need special-suits that Von-Richter and his followers used all those years ago to enter through Beast-Boy's body without getting damaged by all the acids, and so as not to leave any-marks inside him.
 
The second bit was lighting. The human body was opaque, and that meant that no light could shine through, meaning the inside of the body would be in total darkness. Luckily Starfrie could hold her Starbolts like a lantern, and Cyborg could still use his shoulder-lamps. Even the suits themselves were equipped with lights… inside the helmets, on top of the helmets, and on the wrists and knees of the suits.
 
The suits also even had special propulsion boots which would allow them to battle against any currents in the bloodstream.
 
Unfortunately, while wearing the suits, some of the Titans would have a few disabilities in their powers and weapons…
 
Robin wouldn't be able to reach for his utility belt to grab a weapon, and Cyborg wouldn't be able to use his jet-pack, or his building cannons and missiles.
 
Copy-Cat could still extend his claws and use his foresight… but with his tail straightened up and stuffed inside his suit he wouldn't be able to fly, nor be able to touch anyone to copy them.
 
“Let us hope that those skills will not be required.” Copy-Cat said.
 
Suddenly… everyone realized something important. “Yo'… what about Terra?” Cyborg asked. “Should she be coming'?”
 
Terra explained to the others that she wanted to sit it out, and she'd rather stay outside to help Beast-Boy recover by being with him. “Besides… what good will my powers do in a place where there aren't any rocks?” she asked rhetorically.
 
The others knew it was for the best, and they would need someone to give them relays as to what was happening on the outside. So it was settled… Terra would stay, and the other five would go in.
 
Von-Richter had supplied them with all the necessary items and weapons that they would in fact be able to use. “Zees guns vill fire antibiotic-vaccines at any viruses or germs you may run into.” he told them, “But remember, zeir tanks vill empty if `ave been used a lot… Zo use zem visely.”
 
The titans all agreed and then, Von-Richter gave them all several different pieces of a really huge weapon he had designed. When put together the parts would form a type of bomb loaded with the medicine to help Beast-Boy recover.
 
“You must plant zee bomb right `ere near `is `eart.” he continued. “If zee `eart is ztill beating, vhen zee bomb explodes, zee medicine should enter all corners of zee blood-stream, and `opefully repair everything.”
 
“Right…” Robin said, “But we better try and get rid of the virus behind the disease first. We won't want it coming back to start all over again.”
 
The others all agreed, and then it was time….
 
“I can't believe I'm doing this…” Raven said as she tugged and pulled to get her suit on. “When was the last time these things were cleaned?”
 
“Hmm…” Von-Richter counted on his fingers, “Vas is thirty… or… forty years. I forget zomtimes.”
 
Everyone sweat-drooped in disgust, but they finished putting on the suits, and tested their radios.
 
“Radios… A-okay.” said Cyborg.
 
“Light systems, fully functional.” added Starfire.
 
“Oxygen-meters flowing.” said Raven.
 
“Propulsion boots ready for go.” said Copy-Cat.
 
Robin nodded his head that all the checks were complete. “We're ready.” he said before putting on his helmet. “Let's do this!
 
Von-Richter nodded and then he and Terra backed away from the shrink-ray's view. As the Machine began to rev-up, Von-Richter warned the Titans that they would only stay small for around ten hours, and they would have to get out before then…
 
Otherwise, the compression-field would destabilize and they would all grow back to their normal-sizes. If they were still inside Beast-Boy's body when that happened they would be killed in pressure, and so would Beast-Boy.
 
“Yeah… thanks for telling us that now.” Raven said sarcastically.
 
“You can do this, guys…” Terra said, “You have to.”
 
Robin shot her a thumb-up, and then the Machine was all charged. “Right zen… `ere goes…!” Von-Richter said as he flipped the switch. The machine fired a concentrated laser-beam on the five subjects causing their bodies to glow and then reduce down to size, growing smaller… and smaller… until finally they could not be seen with the naked eye alone.
 
“It worked…!” Terra cried in amazement. Von-Richter chuckled with pride. “Of course it did. I am a genius after all.”
 
 
On the target plate, the other five Titans found themselves with feelings that were indescribable for what they were seeing now. They had shrunk so much… everything was so huge.
 
“Yo… now I know what a bug feels like.” Cyborg said.
 
Starfire hovered about examining things around her on the floor. Dust balls were the size of mountains; crumbs were the size of buildings. “I have never felt so amazed since the night of the globian wolfnork festival on Tameran.” (Heh-heh… don't you just hate it when you don't even understand what you make up.)
 
Suddenly, the ground began quaking as Von-Richter and Terra walked towards the target, much to the others shock and frustration of how HUGE they looked. Their voices even echoed throughout the air as they spoke. “Listen to me Titans…!” he called down, unable to see where they were. “Fly `ere into this `yperdermic-needle.”
 
Following his instructions, in they all went, and Raven sent up a shockwave of her energy to single that they were in. With that settles Von-Righter and Terra rushed back to the hospital.
 
Beast-Boy was looking just as worse as ever, and according to the doctor's predictions and assumptions, he only had a matter of hours left; that is… unless things got any worse.
 
Von-Richter pressed the needle into Beast-Boy's right shoulder, and pressed the plunger until it was all the way at the end. “Good luck, Titans.” he said.
 
 
The Titans felt like they were caught in a wind-tunnel on a nasty rollercoaster ride! They screamed and yelped as they tumbled and fell all over the place. Finally they all slammed into something soft and although everything was pitch-dark, they all could tell that they had fallen all over each other.
 
“Yo'… that went smooth.” Cyborg moaned.
 
The others all groaned in dismay, but now they were inside. It was time for the mission to begin.