Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Inside Beast Boy ❯ Disasters from within ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes:
 
This message is to FaceFace… who inappropriately and very wrongfully used the review-system to flame and insult.
 
“Keep your pathetic flames to your pathetic-self. You won't convince me. So SIT DOWN AND BE QUIET!!”
 
Man… some people got no tastes for different things.
 
CHAPTER FIVE
 
It was still pitch-dark, and the Titans could see absolutely nothing at all, and it took them a few minutes to get untangled and on their feet. Their suit-lights were flipped on, Starfire held her star-bolts, and Cyborg flipped his shoulder-flashlight open.
 
The lights were strong enough to get a good look at all the strange things they now saw, enough to make them go, “Wow!”
 
Slimy walls and different types of stringy odds and ends… Strange joints and fibers all over the place making up the body structures.... “What a surprise…” Raven said, “It's all green.”
 
“I assumed that it would be. It is the body of Beast-Boy.” said Starfire.
 
“Okay team… time to focus.” Robin told the others, “Cyborg, where are we now?”
 
Cyborg flipped studied his wrist-computer, and projected images of Beast-Boy's body by X-ray. The yellow flashing dots marked their current positions. Accordin' to this we're standin' on the fibers for the muscles in the right shoulder.”
 
That explained the squishy fibers that they were standing on. “How are we to get from here all the way to the heart?” Copy-Cat asked.
 
Cyborg calculated the flows of the blood-stream, “We gotta' go North North-East… veerin' in a ninety-degree angle towards the tissues leadin' to the wind-pipes.”
 
The others looked confused, and the Cyborg just said, “We go this way.” So they all began to proceed on foot along the outer-fibers of the muscles, yet as they pressed on, Copy-Cat's head felt a little funny “Hmm…?”
 
Hey… you alight?” Raven asked.
 
Her boyfriend shook his head, “It is probably nothing.” and he caught up with the others unbeknownst to them all that it was Copy-Cat's foresight trying to warn them that they were being watched…!
 
A strange ugly little critter peeked from behind a nerve-joint, and it hissed angrily at the intruders knowing fully well they were up to something in this body. So it slithered off… but wherever it was going, it had to be some place big.
 
Meanwhile
 
Beast-Boy finally let out a soft little moan. Terra's eyes filled with hope, but the doctors had told her that it was nothing that good. Terra never felt so scared in her life. “It's just not fair…” she said to Von-Richter. “Beast-Boy means the world to me… I can't lose him.”
 
Von-Richter put a comforting arm on her shoulder. “I know `e is to you, dear.” he said, “But you know… just because `e cannot zee or respond, doesn't mean `e can't `ear us.”
 
Terra cast her eyes down upon her husband, and she held his hand. “Beast-Boy…” she said softly, “…look… maybe you can hear me, but… I want you to know… the others are doing what they can for you.” She could feel her tears coming back again, “I'll be right here with you… all the way.”
 
Beast-Boy did in fact hear everything she said, and while he didn't have the strength to smile or squeeze his wife's hand, “I hear you Terra… I know you guys will help Me.” he thought, “But if I go… well… I know you know… that I love you. My one and only… Terra
 
 
The titans had finally reached their first stop at the tissue leading to the blood-stream. “Whew… I had reason to believe that this tunnel would never come to an end.” Starfire moaned.
 
“Are we anywhere near the heart yet?” Raven asked, but to her and the others' dismay Cyborg told them that they were still inside the shoulder and there was still a very long way to go.
 
“We have to keep moving.” Robin said with determination, “Beast-Boy's time is running out.”
 
Cyborg pointed out that their next step was to enter the soft-layer of fibers in-front of them which would lead them to the blood-stream. “If we all stick together, we should be able to reach the areas near the windpipe.”
 
“Okay, but we better watch out…” added Robin, “I keep getting this weird feeling we're being watched…”
 
… And they were being watched by more and more of those ugly creatures. Copy-Cat's foresight was still trying to alert him of something, but as soon as he began to think on it, he lost his thoughts.
 
Nevertheless… everyone huddled together and joined hands to Raven as she concentrated and used her powers… “Azarath… Metrione… ZINTHOS!” and transported everyone safely through the fiber walls without damaging them…
 
No sooner had they entered the blood-stream did they all click on their thruster-boots for control in the fluids. “Is everyone all here?” Robin asked, and everyone called “Check.”
 
 
It sure seemed weird to be in a place like the blood-stream, especially seeing as how all the blood-cells were enormous. Cyborg calculated their location, and determined that they would all have to steer against the blood-flow so they could head for the main-body.
 
It was pretty hard to steer in the right direction… what with the current pushing against them, and all the blood-cells and other objects in their way. Suddenly… there was trouble up ahead.
 
Several strange cells were heading for the Titans, “Yo'… white-blood cells at twelve-o-clock.” cried Cyborg. The others all looked sharp. The cells had obviously suspected, and mistaken them all as invading germs and planned to try and destroy them like all white blood-cells.
 
“Perhaps they merely wish to befriend us?” Starfire asked “Perhaps they wish to assist us on our long journey?”
 
She tried to move closer towards the cells, “Starfire… No!” Robin said quickly grabbing his wife by the arm and no sooner had he pulled her back to the group did the white blood-cells commence their attack by launching their antibodies; those special cells that attack and weaken germs.
 
The Titans felt like they were in a swarm of angry mosquitoes. Starfire immediately began to fire her star-bolts and destroy as many of the antibodies as she could. Raven helped too with her own powers, and Copy-Cat unleashed his claws as well.
 
Still… the white blood-cells never stopped shooting more and more antibodies. “Okay… now I'm angry!” Raven snarled as she focused her powers on the blood-cells “Azarath… Metrione…Zi-- AAH!!” but before she could finish powering-up Copy-Cat stopped her…
 
“No Raven! You must not destroy the cells… they are still very vital to Beast-Boy's health.”
 
Raven realized that he was right, Well then… Let's try our guns.” Robin suggested. “Yo'… now you're talkin'.” Cyborg smirked.
 
As the cells continued to charge forward ready to strike, the Titans whipped out the guns Von-Richter had given them. “TITANS… FIRE!” Robin shouted, and at once they all fired their guns causing small goopy balls to fly out and smack right into the cells covering them in a sticky substance which rendered them temporarily stuck.
 
“Move out! That won't them back for long.” Robin said, and at once they thrusted through the blood-stream as fast as their boots could carry them, and they kept shooting at many other white blood-cells that came to chase them.
 
Suddenly, there were holes in the walls leading to other areas of the blood-stream. “Yo' through there!” he shouted. They all began to head for the same hole together, but it wasn't until they got close enough to see clearly that more normal blood-cells were stampeding through the hole and bumped into each one of the Titans knocking them off course.
 
(I called them Normal Blood-Cells because I'm not sure if they would be red or Green. It is Beast Boy after all.)
 
Instead of all going through the same hole, they each fell through separate holes and away from the group. All of them screamed in fright as they slid through the fast currents.
 
One by one they each emerge in an area just near the chest areas, but they were all separated from each other, and none had a clue of just where exactly they were.
 
“Where am I…?” Starfire asked particularly no one.
 
“Whoa! This ain't cool…” Cyborg said.
 
“Great! Just perfect…! Raven complained.
 
“This is very bad!” Copy-Ct said with deep concern.
 
Robin got to his feet, realizing that he was all by himself. “Raven…?” he called out. “Cyborg…?”
 
“Copy-Cat…?”
 
“STARFIRE…!”