Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Inside Beast Boy ❯ Closer than ever ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
CHAPTER TEN
 
Once back at the hospital, the Titans immediately headed for Beast-Boy's cubical. “Von-Richter…!” Robin called as they piled in… also noticing that all the equipment was turned off… all the cords pulled out… and Beast-Boy was covered completely under the blanket.
 
Von-Richter looked up, “Titans… you made it.” he cried for joy, but suddenly his features had saddened as he pulled up the blankets. “But… but… I am afraid it is… too late!”
 
One by one the titans could feel their hearts breaking upon what they saw. Beast-Boy… lying on the bed with his eyes shut…he wasn't breathing… his arms folded onto his chest… and the Doctor even turned the heart monitor back on… it was completely flat-lined. He stared sadly at the Titans in shame, and all he could say was… “I'm so sorry...”
 
Every feeling in Cyborg's body had all been replaced with the woe of despair, and tears in his human eye. “Aw, man…” he peeped.
 
Robin gritted his teeth, and clenched his fists trying to hold back his own tears. “We're too late…” he cried as he held his sobbing wife close to him. “Friend… Beast-Boy…This cannot be happening…!” Starfire wept softly.
 
Raven's lips were twitching as her tears streaked down her cheeks, “I'm not going to cry… I'm not going to cry…” she muttered, “I'm not… going to…” but then Copy-Cat put his hand on her shoulder and shook his head telling her not to hold it in…
 
Raven hugged her boyfriend, and ever so softly began to cry into his shoulder. Copy-Cat himself hung his head low as a tea escaped form behind his Robin's-mask. “We… have failed.” he cried softly.
 
Terra stood almost transfixed right where she was, shaking her head as her tears began to form. “No…” she pepped. “No…NO!” she rushed to the side of the bed. “Beast-Boy//// Beast-Boy!” she sobbed hysterically.
 
(I think this song is VERY appropriate for this moment)
 
Got the news today
But they said I had to stay
A little bit longer and I'll be fine.
When I thought it'd all be done
When I thought it'd all been said
A little bit longer and I'll be fine.
 
Terra begged and begged tearfully for Beast-Boy not to leave her, not after they had been through. “Beast-Boy please… I can't lose you. Please don't go!” but Beast-Boy didn't move. Terra held her husbands dead hand tightly, then buried her face into the bed and cried.
 
But you don't know what you got till it's gone
And you don't know what it's like to feel so low
And every time you smile or laugh you glow
You don't even know, know, know.
You don't even know.
 
Her thoughts began to race of all the hardships they had gone through to get where they were.
 
Terra being a newbie with uncontrollable energies…
 
Being the new Titan on the team…
 
Slade's apprentice… and turning herself into stone.
 
Coming back as a school girl trying to brush the one guy she loved dearly out of her life, only to have him come to her school and make her realize the whole truth. (Refers to MUSICAL: SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE) and finally they were married…
 
“Things may Change Terra… but Some things never change.”
 
Now… here they were no more than a year from then… and Beast-Boy was… gone! “Please… come back.” she sobbed.
 
All this time goes by
Still no reason why
A little bit longer and I'll be fine.
Waitin' on a cure
But none of them are sure
A little bit longer and I'll be fine
 
 
00:03… 00:02… 00:01… “00:00”
 
KAPOW!! The medicine bomb finally exploded.
 
 
The blood-stream, still not having completely stopped began to spread the vaccine from the bomb all over Beast-Boy's body. The medicine disintegrated all the leftover germs in it's path, and began to heal a lot of the damage… almost like magic.
 
 
The Titans knew that Terra was really upset, but the best thing for her would be to just let him go. Copy-Cat put and arm on her back. “Come, Terra…” he said softly to the sobbing young-lady. “There is nothing more we can do.”
 
But you don't know what you got till it's gone
And you don't know what its like to feel so low.
And every time you smile or laugh you glow
You don't even know, know, know
You don't even know, know, know.
You don't even know, no.
 
Terra finally looked up. She really didn't want to leave, but… Copy-Cat was right. She too one last long look at her beloved Beast-boy's body, and softly pressed her lips against his for what supposedly would be for the last time!
 
“Good… bye…!” she barely spoke in a tone so soft you barely hear her. that's when all the Titans and Von-Richter began to walk sadly towards the door…
 
Suddenly, as the doctor got ready to shut off the heart-monitor again, it began to beep normally again… and suddenly he could feel something. “Wait a minute…” he called to everyone. “I feel it… he's got a pulse.”
 
Everyone dashed back into the room as the doctor turned everything back on. “His heart-rate returning… blood-flowing slowly but okay… temperature, 107.5… 107.0… 106.5 and falling.” Then his eyes lit up, “He's coming back!”
 
Smiles began to appear on everyone's faces, and suddenly… Beast-Boy's body began to stir and a soft groan escaped from his throat as his eyes opened slightly.
 
2, 3, 4!
 
And you don't know what you got till it's gone.
Don't know what it's like to feel so low, yeah!
And every time you smile you laugh you glow,
You don't even know! no! yeah! whoa!
 
Terra moved to the side of the bed once again. “Beast-Boy? Beast-Boy?” she called softly to him.
 
Beast-Boy looked up weakly at his wife. “Things Change, Terra…” he said all groggily, “But some things never change.”
 
So I'll wait till kingdom come.
All the highs and lows are gone
A little bit longer and I'll be fine.
I'll be... fine
 
Terra's eyes were filled with tears once again. “Oh, Beast-Boy.” she cried as she buried her face by his side again, and broke into another sob.
 
“BOO_YAH…! BOO-YAH…!!” Cyborg kept chanting.
 
“Oh friend…” cried Starfire.
 
Raven and Copy-Cat smiled, and as for Robin, he said it best by not saying anything. Beast-Boy was going to be okay.
 
A few days later
 
Beast-Boy was confined to the hospital until he made a full and complete recovery. That included no heroics for him for a while. The Hospital was also jam-packed with other people sick from Sukatia's poisoned-cloud…
 
Luckily, Von-Richter was able to come up with a new antidote that actually helped everyone better than using green-serum. A simple medicine that helped to increase their fibers and irons so that the illness would not be as series.
 
After all… if Sakutia was weak again rocks, then his other germs surely didn't stand a chance against solid substances like it either.
 
Terra was checking-up on Beast-Boy… for what had to be the fifth time for the day. He was feeling a little better, but he still wasn't allowed out of bed. “Dude… I can't believe I've been closer to the end of the line than ever.” he said.
 
Terra placed her hand over his, “Hey… just don't ever scare me like that again.” she cried, “I don't what I would've done if you hadn't come back.”
 
Beast-Boy smiled at his wife. “Hey… we're a package.” he said, “When you leave… I go with you. Where go… I want to follow. Wouldn't you do the same thing?”
 
Terra almost wasn't sure how to answer that… so instead, she brought her lips to his. At least he wasn't weak enough for that. Suddenly… Terra's commentator beeped, interrupting the moment.
 
Robin warned her that Slade was around again, and the Titans were going after him. ”Go ahead.” Beast-Boy said to her, “I promise you… I'm not going anywhere.”
 
Terra smiled at Beast-Boy and kissed him again before leaving. No sooner had she gone did Beast-Boy let out a huge yawn. Then he snuggled under his hospital bed, and drifted off to a slightly discomforting… but peaceful, happy sleep.
 
 
Author's notes:
 
Man I really wish we could do something about that awful THINGS CHANGE episode. Terrible ending… and SO NOT what was supposed to happen.
 
There's even a small group of fans who are trying to save the show, and I'm part of them. You want to join in… send me a Personal Message…or mention it in your reviews.
 
This may or may not work.. but here is a chance if enough of us join.