Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Adventures of Manimal and Geo-Girl ❯ Miserable memories ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SEVEN
 
About a week had past since Beast-Boy and Terra left… and things had been pretty quiet around the tower. No villains to round up, not much excitement. At least they knew that both Beast-Boy and Terra weren't away with fried memories again.
 
Cyborg was reading the paper, “Yo' y'all look here.” He said as he showed them the front page. It was the headline about Manimal and Geo-Girl foiling thieves at a defense-base, and rescuing a class of kids being held hostage.
 
“Team Nature…?” Raven said, “I wonder whose crazy idea that was.” She and Copy-Cat shared a small snicker.
 
Robin took the paper to examine it more closely. He actually though Terra looked great with his mask and cape on, and even her new name, Geo-Girl was amazing. “It looks like they really have something going.” he said.
 
Starfire was grateful for her friends, “Still… I am in deep hope that the world will not favor our friends' new team more than our own.” she said.
 
“Calm yourself Starfire…” Copy-Cat said, “While it is true that Beast-Boy and Terra have a swell reputation, they cannot go everyplace now.”
 
Robin agreed, “We're still the super-heroes in this town… and we'll still get our fair share of missions.”
 
“Yo'… right on.” added Cyborg, “When trouble starts a-rockin'… the Teen Titans will come a-knockin'.”
 
Just then… the alarm sounded. “There's trouble in the city.” Robin said, “TITAN'S MOVE…!” and with that, all the Titans headed off.
 
 
Back at Campus…
 
It was midday, and the students were all enjoying their breaks before the next class. Terra, whom had now befriended Kiki, was helping her study for a calculus exam out in the campus grounds. She also noticed why Kiki was having so much trouble she wasn't quite acting like herself.
 
She had that comical look in her eyes, she would stare into space, and sigh heavenly. “Is everything okay Kiki?” Terra asked.
 
Kiki was looking at the ground nervously, and twiddling her fingers. “Terra… how can you get a boy to notice you?”
 
Terra' eyes widened, “Kiki… you have a crush?” she asked. Kiki nodded with a kitty-cat expression on her face. “Ooh… so who's the lucky guy?”
 
Kiki wasn't willing to tell her that yet, “I'm just not sure he's noticed me. I don't even know how to charm a guy. I haven't really had much luck in boyfriends… in fact… I've never even had a boyfriend.”
 
Terra felt sorry for Kiki… she knew what the feeling was like.
 
“What about you…?” Kiki asked, “Have you ever had a crush on someone.”
 
Terra blushed in shock, “Oh… me…Well… uh…?” she couldn't tell her about her and Garfield that would blow their spy-covers. “Well… I did once… there was one guy… but I… had to let him go.”
 
She was piecing together bits and things from the time she was a plain student at Murakami, and Beast-Boy was there trying to get her to remember everything… she didn't tell Kiki everything… but…
 
“It seemed that no matter what I did… I caused him trouble. So I decided to let him go before we ever even… had a chance.”
 
She turned away, but Kiki already saw the tears in her eyes. “Oh… I'm sorry; I didn't mean to bring up…”
 
“It's alright…” Terra said trying to hold back her sob…
 
She always remembered how she told Beast-Boy to go away. “Things were never the way you remember. Just leave me alone.” And that last time she saw him running out the doorway, with a comical look n his face because she knew what was left of his spirit had been destroyed…
 
No matter how many times she tried to convince herself that she and Beast-Boy were together now, it didn't stop the memories from eating away at her. Kiki could tell that Terra needed sometime to herself… so she excused herself leaving Terra to gather her thoughts.
 
Kiki passed by Garfield and Jarred on her way back to the girls' dorm. “Hi… Kiki…” Jarred said almost all nervous.
 
Kiki stopped when she saw Garfield. He cheeks were as red as a rose. “Uh… hi…” she said all nervous, but then she ran away with her face hiding behind her book. “Dude… what's up with her?” Garfield asked.
 
Jarred didn't know, but he was hoping that Kiki was nervously blushing for him, which would add more hope to his dream that she liked him. “Jarred… you're never going to get her if you don't actually do something about it.”
 
Jarred sighed, “Nah… I just can't… I don't think I'm ready.” he said, “I mean… I want to ask her… but then I always end up chickening out at the last second.”
 
Garfield felt sorry for Jarred, and that's where Jarred asked if he ever had a girlfriend or anything like that. Garfield stuttered for a moment, being careful not to spill it all about him and Terra… “Well… there was this one girl…”
 
He told one time of how he met a girl just like him, who had a rough past life, many hardships, and a fear of being disliked, there was a terrible accident, and she sacrificed herself to save everyone in town…
 
A few years passed, and Garfield though he saw her again. She was now a high-school student at Murakami high, but… for some reason, she didn't remember him anymore.
 
“Sorry, but I don't know you…”
 
“What do you want from me?”
 
“Things Change, Garfield… the girl you want me to be is just a memory.”
 
Jarred felt ever so hurt, and he wasn't even the one it happened to, “That's why you… don't like when things change.”
 
Garfield nodded sadly, “Changes robbed me of everything…” he said, “My home, my parents, my foster family… and even having to live for myself struggling to survive all alone with no one to care for, but now… the only girl I ever loved was gone… and that made me want to give up on life.”
 
Then he lied telling him a bit of a false story of how he was fortunate enough to be adopted by Terra's wonderful family, and given the one thing he had always dreamed of; A second chance that no one… not even life itself gave him.
 
“If it wasn't for them… I would surely have kicked the can.”
 
Jarred was glad the story had a bit of a happy ending, “But what about your girlfriend…” he asked, “Did she ever come back.”
 
Garfield lied by shaking his head, “No… I never saw her again, and each and every day I'm haunted by the painful memories, no matter what I do, or where I go.”
 
“My depressing background is triggers a negative reaction to my brain-cells which results in a multitude of hurtful emotions, and leaving me in despair state of lonesome.”
 
Jarred thought he knew what that meant, but, “Uh… could you please say that again in English.”
 
“In other words…” Garfield said, “It really stinks. I can't think straight. I can't eat… I can't sleep. I can't do anything without being slown down by my inner-pain.”
 
Jarred felt sorry for him again, “Hey… listen, I'll be here for you.” he offered, “If you feel like dishing it out again, I want to help you get it off your chest.”
 
Garfield smiled, and then he went off to his dorm for a rest before the next class.
 
 
On opposite ends of the campus grounds, Garfield and Terra sat with their thoughts racing so fast, you could barely make them out. While they were married, though no one else knew that, they still wished that what happened to them in the past didn't happen… but it did… and no matter what would come round the corner…
 
(Music cue)
 
As the two of them walked slowly, they both felt as if they were walking down a long black tunnel as flashes of their pasts went by…
 
-I don't feel the joy
I don't feel the pain
You were just a toy
I am just insane
Walkin' on my own
Leaving you behind
You were crying out
That you need to speak your mind
 
Ohhh…
So alone in love
So alone in love
I'm going to haunt you everyday
Haunt you everyday
 
-I am gonna kill
when I need a thrill
eating at the heart
until I've had my fill
When will stupid learn?
Fire's gonna burn
Think of consequence
Then you move when it your turn
 
Ohhh…
So alone in love
so alone in love
I'm going to haunt you everyday
Haunt you everyday
 
(Guitar Solo)
 
Walkin' on my own
Leaving you behind
you were crying out
that you need to speak your mind
 
Ohhh…
So alone in love
So alone in love
I'm going to haunt you everyday
Haunt you everyday
Haunt you everyday
HAUNT YOU EVERYDAY
 
(Another Guitar Solo, right to the end)
 
 
They finally met in their dorm room, both sensing that they were both feeling the same thing, and they both knew what they needed to do…
 
They hugged… Garfield even pecked her cheek.
 
 
Haunt you everyday
 
 
They separated feeling much better, while they couldn't change their pasts, the future was still theirs, and they really felt that everything was going to be okay.
 
Now they had other things to worry about. Completing their next class, and working on the Jungle-growth. Their mission was still just beginning.
 
Author's notes:
 
I tell you, THINGS CHANGE really does haunt us BB and Terra fans everyday, and messes with our heads.
 
Like I said before… you want to SAVE THE TEEN TITANS, like the others that have joined us? Come along… it's really easy.