Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Adventures of Manimal and Geo-Girl ❯ Strange happenings ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER EIGHT
 
Things began to get a little more stranger as the days turned into weeks. Garfield and Terra managed to get through their classes, but there were also times when they had been called to emergency-calls.
 
Not only did Team Nature thwart evil plots by their mystery enemies, they also helped those in need.
 
When a sky diver, blown off course, got dangled in his parachute on a huge bridge and no way to escape, Manimal came swinging in on his grappling hook-lines, and saved the young man's life.
 
 
When kids at a mountain ski-lift were in trouble; the lift car rails were crumpling, Geo-Girl flew in and used her powers to create a huge floating rock to rest the car on so it could be lowered safely to the ground.
 
 
Still, every now and then, thieves working for the secret enemy would try and rob stores, defence bases, and even attempt to hurt innocent people. It was up to Team Nature, flying into action.
 
Manimal with his quick speed, and high jumps…
 
ZAP!
 
POW!
 
Geo-Girl caused an avalanche to rain down on the men's huge tanks and machinery.
 
The crowds were amazed to see the heroes in action.
 
The way Manimal had all these cool gadgets on him. Like… bull-horn manacles. He could throw them at the enemies and the hors would drill into any surface pinning them down.
 
Porcupine-quills with explosive formulas cooked in them. Much like Robin's disc-bombs… they would explode upon contact with anything.
 
His grappling hook-lines… well, they weren't just used for swinging. “Take this…!” he growled as he lashed his lines like whips. He even lathered them around the men's' legs and flipped them off their feet, “Have a nice trip! See you next fall!
 
Geo-Girl didn't have gadgets of her own, and the crowds could tell why she didn't need any. She could cause avalanches, rock-storms, meteor-like showers. She was one rockin' girl.
 
“Let's rock their world!”
 
By the end of the day… the men were all arrested, and people crowded around the heroes. “Thanks a bundle team nature.” The Mayor said as he shook their hands. “You saved the day once more…”
 
That's usually where girl-reporters would ask, “But… who are you really?”
 
And they would reply, in heroic voices, “Just a pair of noble citizens trying to do their good deeds.”
 
Geo-Girl nodded and used her powers to raise them both on a floating rock. “Whenever you need us… we won't be far.” she said. Her partner nodded, and they flew off yelling in the distance, “TEAM NATURE… AWAY!!”
 
 
Still… nobody in the whole world knew that it was Mr. and Mrs. Keeler who were back of all those robberies, and in some points. Though Manimal and Geo-Girl would save the day, at least a few of their spies would come round with the equipment they needed.
 
Material to build missiles of their own, and even formulas they would require, but whatever it was they needed these things for; they did not dare let anyone know.
 
However… people began to sense strange things about the Keelers. Whenever anyone tried to turn the heat down when the temperature was too high, one of them would appear seconds later.
 
At first they would be furious and give the student responsible a small detention, but then they would act all pleasant again, “Now, now… no sad faces at Sea-View. We'll just try to remember next time, won't we?”
 
 
Today was weekend day at campus today at Sea-View. No classes, no need to study all that much unless you had a big test coming soon. Garfield and Terra were in the music room with Kiki and Jarred, who had musical-studies as part of their extra-curricular activates.
 
Garfield on electric-keyboards, Jarred on classical guitar, and or electric-guitar Kiki on drums, and Terra on her base guitar; the very one she used at Murakmi.
 
They were all just warming up by playing an “X-files” theme. “Oh, yeah… that's the stuff.” said Jarred. “I tell you… this sure makes up for all the times I got kicked out of bands.”
 
“I've been there before…” Garfield said. He told them how when he and Terra were at Murakami, not telling him exactly everything, How Terra had two trouble-maker friends, Jackie and Jillian who would do anything to be popular, even put the city at risk.
 
They didn't like Garfield in the band just because he was a boy, and they hated him. “So… I found it easier just to dance with myself.”
 
Kiki looked up confused, “Dance with yourself?” she asked. “How can you dance with yourself?”
 
The others laughed a little, “No, Kiki… what he means is, he thought it would be better off to do his own music. You know, work solo?”
 
Kiki got the idea now, and that's when began to start up her drums. “I'm there too…” Jarred said, “We trouble gets you down, just dance with yourself.”
 
(Music cue/ Muppets tonight style)
 
In a snap, they all donned on cool outfits, and they began playing their instruments, expect for Garfield, who didn't need to play anything else at the moment, and was dancing in front of a mirror, holding a microphone.
 
(Garfield)
 
On the floor of Tokyo
down in London town to go, go
with the record selection
and the mirror's reflection
I'm
-a dancin' with myself
 
When there's no-one else in sight
In the crowded lonely night
Well I wait so long
For m
y love vibration
And I'm
-a dancin' with myself

Oh
-oh! Dancin' with myself
Oh
-Oh! dancin' with myself
Well there's nothing to lose
And there's nothing to pr
ove
I'll be dancin'
with myself
 
“Let's dance…!”
 
 
The music could be heard all over the school, and the other students couldn't help but move to the groove. Some did funky moves, some break-danced. Some of the couples danced, but not fox-trot style, and some of the girls, well the stood on desks and pretended to act dirty… thought they never exactly took any of their clothes off, thank goodness.
 
Garfield even moved across the school, while the band was seen on TV-monitors.
 
 
 
Well if I looked all over the world
and there's every type of girl
but your empty eyes
seem to pass me by
leave me dancin' with myself
 
So let's sink another drink
'Cause it
gives me time to think
Well if I had the chance
I'd ask the world to dance
A
nd I'll be dancin' with myself
 
Oh-oh! Dancin' with myself
Oh
-oh! dancin' with myself
Well there's nothing to lose
And there's
nothing to prove
I'll be dancin'
with myself
 
 
As Garfield moved along campus, a lot of the boys slapped him a high-five, and some of the girls winked, or flirted with him.
 
Garfield tipped his shades friendly at them, but he still remained loyal to Terra, and ignored how pretty the girls looked, and just kept going.
 
 
Well, if I looked all over the world
and there's every type of girl
if I had the chance
I'd ask the world to dance
(Garfield and the band)
 
If I had the chance
I'd ask the world to dance
(EVERYONE)
 
IF I HAD THE CHANCE,
I ASK THE WORLD TO DAAAAAAAAAAAAANCE…
Oh-oh! Dancin' with myself
Oh
-oh! Dancin' with myself
 
 
The song kept playing and then it faded out. Jarred was pooped, but so psyched. “Man… that was great, just too great.” He said, “Whew I need a drink that's what I need.” And then he left leaving Terra and Kiki alone.
 
Terra noticed that Kiki was all blushing again, “Ooh… Garfield is so cool.” She said allowed, not realizing until Terra asked… with concern. “Garfield…?”
 
Kiki snapped out of it, “Oh, did I just…?”
 
Terra nodded, “Kiki… you like Garfield? My… step-brother…?” she was careful not to accidentally say husband.
 
Kiki nodded with that same cat-expression on her face. “He's so cool, and he's smart… and he's caring too.” she almost lost her breath to the romantic feelings soaring through her, “I've never known anyone quite like him.”
 
Terra's fingers gave a little twitch, and she could feel a little bit of her insides decay. She was trying to help Kiki with her crush, but now that she knew it was Garfield… well… she wasn't sure what to do anymore that wouldn't result in her blowing her spy cover.
 
“But, I don't know how to ask him…” replied Kiki. “I mean… I still don't know a lot about him, what should I do?”
 
Terra had to think fast, “Well… I can tell you a lot of things about him… if you want.” She said almost sounding down. Kiki was as giddy as the school-girl she was, but Terra wasn't sure she was doing the right thing.