Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Adventures of Manimal and Geo-Girl ❯ Solution ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER NINE
 
Over the next few days, Terra had been telling Kiki about Garfield the best she could. Things that he loved the most… even some things he loved as Beast-Boy, but not that he actually was Beast-boy.
 
Being a Genius was one of Garfield's passions, but at times he preferred to be a normal guy, and enjoy other things. Like sports, music, video games… pretty much all the typical things that a guy would like.
 
Kiki was feeling more and more confident that she could get on Garfield's romantic side… but she didn't notice that Terra was starting to feel pathetic for what she was doing…
 
Helping another girl land her husband? It was just too much, and yet she couldn't say a thing without blowing her cover. She just didn't know what to do anymore. It even affected her during literature class…
 
“Terra, are you feeling alright?” the professor asked.
 
Terra tried to deny that she was really upset, but the professor and all the other students, even Garfield noticed she was looking bad. The Professor suggested she excuse herself from class and take a break from all the stress.
 
Terra did as she was told, and as she left, Jarred and Garfield who were sitting close together never saw her looked so depressed before. “Gee… I've seen happier faces in a frowning contest.” said Jarred.
 
Garfield agreed with him, and secretly, he knew Terra's expression was telling him that she was depressed because of him for some reason, and this time it wasn't about their time at Murakami.
 
 
Later on, Garfield was in his dorm room examining images of the jungle-growth that Jim had sent over the computer, and he had even brought along some samples that were obtained from the starting point where the jungle wasn't as savage…
 
Still… according to what the satellites had picked up, the jungle growth had actually expanded further, and was covering more areas than ever. “This doesn't look right…” he said. “These humid temperatures are off the chart.”
 
Terra came into the dorm at that moment, and insisted that they talk, but Garfield said that whatever it was had to wait. “Take a look at this…”
 
When Terra saw the images on the computer, she forgot her troubles, and focused on the problem. “What's going on here?”
 
Jim then appeared on the computer-wave link, “That's just what I'd like to know… he said, “I trust you both are aware of the situation as we've uncovered on the effected area?”
 
The agents nodded, “The area's roughly triangular like this…” Terra said as she showed the boys a previous image before the Jungle grew.
 
Garfield nodded, “That's all I discovered…” he said, “I've done some calculating and it seems that evidently the jungle growths start in the sea… right here at the apex, and then it sprouts up on the surface and then spreads out over the land.”
 
Jim agreed, “It's moving across the land so quickly… we'd estimate that all of Italy will be covered within a month.” He said. “That should make sense… Italy's not even tropical.”
 
“Maybe not…” Garfield said, “But it doesn't change the fact that the growth is there and spreading fast. I've never seen anything like this before, but I think we're going to have to take action.” He went on saying that he had been studying the samples, “We'll have to start the defoliation as soon as possible.”
 
This meant that their only choice was to try and break through the roots of the growth in order to clear the plants away. “What are you going to use, like a laser, or poison… things like that?” Terra asked.
 
Garfield shook his head, “Oh, no, no, no… I dare not do that.” he said. He showed them all the humid temperatures, and that the jungle was radiating a strong field of carbon-dioxide. “If poison and heat were what started this growth… a laser and/or poison might accelerate it.”
 
Jim and Terra gazed at each other with deep concern, “Then what is your answer…?” Jim asked.
 
Garfield had done a lot of tests from the samples, and so far he could only come up with one possible answer. “Gamma-Rays… should shrivel it leaf and stalk whole.” he said, “So… for the next little while, I'll be working on a projector, but I'll still remain on call.”
 
Jim nodded, and he signed off.
 
“Well… I've got plenty of work ahead of me.” Garfield said as he left.
 
Terra nodded, but it wasn't until Garfield was gone that she remembered what her original problem was. Now it was too late to ask him now, he needed to concentrate on his project.
 
All she could do was fall on the bed and place her hands over her face.
 
 
Elsewhere there was more trouble occurring. The Keeler's were in their office with their Jungle-fighters, and they were going over a world-map. “The jungle has already taken over the land here.” said Mr. Keeler, “We shall also start planting jungle-growth here… here… and here…”
 
Mrs. Keeler smiled wickedly, “Sea-View academy is the perfect location for us to conceal our master plan and launch it. This is why it shall serve us so well.”
 
One of the jungle-fighters nodded his silver-head, “A genius plan, mistress….” He said, “Only one difficulty befalls… we will not be able to survive much longer in the cold, dry atmosphere of this school.”
 
Mr. Keeler chuckled, “Such a matter is easily solved.” He said, “Now that we have the proper equipment, once it is assembled, and installed, we shall soon change the temperature, and the air composition suitable for us. Within a week or two… we'll have accomplished our purpose here.”
 
He and his wife nodded at each other. Then one by one they tapped the foreheads of the jungle-fighters causing them to vanish and repapered in the small box as little figurines. “Within a year my friends…” replied Mr. Keeler. “Earth shall be as it was thirty-million years ago… and everyone from our planet will travel across space and come here to live.”
 
“Now… we shall begin preparing Sea-View Academy to welcome them.”
 
 
As Garfield walked to the laboratories, Jarred caught up with him and he was really looking excited. “Dude… you're not going to believe this.” he said, “But I think Kiki's really into me.”
 
“No way…” Garfield said as he and Jarred bopped their fists. “How did you come across this?”
 
Jarred explained how while he was studying, Kiki came along and asked him “Hey Jarred… do you think a guy I… like… would love this gift?”
 
The gift was one of those I-Pods that let you download and play music, and Jarred knew that Kiki knew he loved I-Pods, and always wanted one… that's when he began to assume that the gift would be for him.
 
Too Bad both he and Garfield didn't know the truth…
 
(Music cue)
 
“Now that's what I've been telling you…” Garfield said, “Be patient work hard… and you can gain anything you like.”
 
Jarred knew he was right, “But wait… what if I really mess thing sup with Kiki?” he asked, “What if she never may want to hang with me again?”
 
Garfield shook his head, “I felt like that too when life had me down…” he said, “But… well… listen to me…”
 
(Garfield)
 
I found out a long time ago
You gotta
' learn to say "yes" when life says "no"
Don't dwell on the bad times once they're past
That kind of thinking gets you nowhere fast

'Cause there ain't no mountain you can't climb
If you hang on tight and just make up your mind
Once you set your heart to movin' on
Dude, there ain't no road too long
 
 
Back in Jump-City… the Teen titans were all flying in the sky on their way home after another mission.
 
Robin and Cyborg had their jet-packs, while Starfire, Raven and Copy-Cat flew naturally. Ironically… they were singing the same thing just now.
 
(Robin)
 
Don't look back; don't you turn around!
(Starfire)

Just keep your eye on where you
are bound!
 
(Cyborg)

Yo' and you're bound to get from here to there
 
(All three)
'Cause a dream can take you anywhere!
 
(Everyone gazes at Raven)
 
(Raven)
 
“Ugh… all right…”
 
'Cause there ain't no mountain you can't climb
if you hang on tight and just make up your mind
 
(Copy-Cat)

And once you set yo
ur heart to moving on, Yah, Yah
Then there is no road too long.
 
 
Back at campus, Jarred was really digging the song, “Hey… I think I get you.” He said.
 
(Jarred)
 
'Cause there ain't no mountain you can't climb
if you hang on tight and just make up your mind!
And once you set your heart to movin' on
Yeah, there ain't no road too long
 
(Garfield)
 
Ain't no mountain you can't climb!
(Right on)
If you hang on tight and just make up your mind!
(Uh-Huh)
Once you set your heart to movin' on!
(Sing it!)
There ain't no road too long!
There ain't no road too long!
 
(Jarred)

There ain't no road too long!
 
(Garfield)

No, there ain't no road too long!
 
The boys kept walking through the school ground, both feeling confident.