Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Adventures of Manimal and Geo-Girl ❯ Mission, or No Mission ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TEN
 
Another week had passed, and Garfield was hard at work on his Gamma-Ray projector. Still… it wasn't easy for him to balance it out with class time, it was even harder when he and Terra had emergency calls to attend to, and it was Team Nature to the rescue.
 
As the donned their costumes and prepared for ejection, Garfield noticed that Terra was still looking depressed. “Terra… is everything okay?” he asked before putting on his helmet.
 
Terra didn't answer as she pulled her hair up in her ponytail. It wasn't until they were both soaring through the ejector tubes did she ask, “Tell me… uh… what do you think about Kiki?”
 
“Kiki?” Garfield asked through his helmet. “What about her…?”
 
At that point, Terra lost herself and had no idea of what to say. “Never mind…”
 
As they went on their mission, they found more of the enemy spies already making off with a squat of unarmed missiles. They would have chassed after them except there was more danger to follow; people being held hostage,
 
“They're getting away…!” cried Geo-Girl.
 
Luckily, Manimal was ready for this… and he had created a small tracking device in the shape of a spider. He quickly tossed the spider onto one of the missiles being hauled away. “We should be able to track them to their hideout with that little bug on them.”
 
Since the missiles were unarmed, they could do no harm, so they didn't go after them… instead they had to take care of everything else first. Freeing the hostages, and brining down the gunmen.
 
Manimal was able to blend in with the shadows around him, camouflage himself like a chameleon. This allowed him to sneak up on the guards and strip them of their weapons, and knock them out cold allowing the hostages to escape.
 
Geo-Girl remained outside waiting to use her boulders to stop any of the other men from shooting at the running hostages. Once all the hostages were free, the suddenly found themselves ambushed by a hidden fleet of more spies, far too many of them to fight off alone.
 
 
The next thing they knew, they were both strapped into a trap; a giant mouse trap that would be triggered by cannon-ball which would roll down a chute, and set the trap off.
 
The Mouse-trap would snap their heads off… a cannon would fire and blown them to bits. A set of arrows in front of them would fire and pierce them… causing a set of axes to chop them to pieces… and finally… a huge metal-crate above them would come crashing down on them… SPLAT!
 
The worst of it was they were both tied down to the trap so tightly that Manimal couldn't reach his gadgets, or try using his mighty strength. The trap was also kept in a special room with no Earth-ground, or rocks for Geo-Girl to control, so she couldn't get them out either.
 
“And so… Team Nature comes to an end here.” One of the men mocked, “Heh, heh, heh… twinkle in the heavens you-two.” he signaled his men to move out, setting the timer for the ball release.
 
Only ten seconds…
 
“What are we going to do?” cried Geo-Girl, “We're going to get crushed!”
 
“Not if I can help it…!” growled Manimal. “Now let's see…” he began going over all the angels and trajectories of where all the weapons were placed, and a loose bolt in the giant mouse-trap.
 
“The angle of the trajectory… multiplied by the square-route of an isosceles triangle….”
 
The timer reached zero… and the metal-ball was freed.
 
“Divided a good ibex principle of opposing forces in motion…”
 
Geo-Girl was quivering in fear as the ball began rolling its way down the chute.
 
“And… adjusting for the difference equilibrium…!”
 
He had the answer, “Geo-Girl… listen to me… can you reach for the trigger on the trap?”
 
“Yes… I got it!”
 
“Okay… wait… wait for it…!”
 
Geo-Girl was starting to think her partner had lost it. “Get ready… easy… EASY! NOW…DO IT!”
 
“AAAH…!” In her screaming, she hit the trigger, causing the trap to go off just as the ball came down blocking the snapper from reaching their heads… this caused the whole trap to malfunction…
 
The loose bolt on the trap itself popped off and zipped like a bullet, knocking one gun out of its aim, and causing it to fire and set a chain reaction that fired all the other guns off in the wrong direction missing the heroes.
 
Some of the shots had also caused the arrows to miss their targets, and one of them actually sliced the ropes perfectly down the middle allowing the two to escape before bin g hacked by the axes, or squashed by the crate.
 
Geo-Girl's hair was all ruffled up, “Whoa…” she panted, “That was close… too close.”
 
Manimal nodded, “It'll take more than that to outwit Team Nature.”
 
As soon as they made it back outside, they were greeted by them men of the base, thanking them for saving the day, “But… I'm afraid those men went off with the equipment.” said the General. “You both do realize that once they find you're still alive, they'll be coming after you.”
 
The heroes nodded, and agreed to watch their backs. “What I don't understand is… what would they want with unarmed missiles and air-conditioning supplies?” Geo-Girl wondered
 
“I think we'd all like to know that…” Manimal said.
 
 
Later on… after Garfield and Terra got back to campus… it was almost dark.
 
The Keelers were in their office congratulating their spies over the radio. They were the ones who had the missiles, and the air-conditioning equipment. “Our main push is ready to begin.” Mr. Keeler said, “As of tomorrow… the school shall be under our control.”
 
He and his wife smiled at each other wickedly.
 
Meanwhile
 
Terra was alone in the dorm room, stretched out on the bed looking at a picture of her and Garfield taken at Murakami those years back. “What's the matter with me?” she thought to herself for the tenth time that night. “Why didn't I ask him if he thinks high of Kiki?”
 
That's where more parts of her insides began to argue with her if she trusted herself enough to actually do that. Garfield was her husband, and he loved her very much…
 
He just wasn't allowed to show it as much while on this mission at risk of it being jeopardized. She got up, clutching the picture to her heart, and walked over to the port-hole and looked out as the moonlight from the surface light up the ocean.
 
(Music Cue)
 
(Terra)
 
-Do I Love you?
Count the stars
multiply by ten
Of course I do
More than now and then
-I could paint a rainbow
Shine the sky
Set the stars in space
Faster than explain
How much I
love your face
 
 
Garfield was on his way back to the dorm, and as he unlocked the door, he could hear the sounds of someone singing inside. “Terra…?”
 

-Watch the moon
you knew soon
I would start to smile
when I say "Things change”
It only lasts a while
If you go I'll miss you
says my tears
I'll be frightened each day
For each and every happy day
To the rainbow's end
Is where I would go, my friend
I do
love you so
 
 
She suddenly felt a warm hand crease her shoulder. She looked round and saw Garfield, “Did you… hear…?”
 
He nodded, “I heard it…and Terra…” he looked deeply into her eyes. “I love you too… and no else can love you like I can.”
 
Tears of love streamed down Terra's cheeks, and her heart was beating like crazy. “Mission or no mission…” she cried as she grabbed him, “I don't care…!” and she pulled his lips to hers.
 
Garfield couldn't help but kiss her back, and they both fell down onto the bed and before long… their clothes had littered the floor. They began their first round of Make-out Madness in about a month since the mission started…
 
 
Little did they realize that Kiki was on her way to the dorm room now, ready to give Garfield his gift and maybe ask him out on a date? She stopped in the hallway just to look at herself in the mirror and make sure her hair was okay.
 
Suddenly… as she was about to knock at the door, she could hear the sounds of moaning. The kind you could only hear if… if…
 
Kiki turned, and her back hit the wall, “He's… he's got a…”
 
She dropped the gift in the hallway, and ran off back to her own dorm on the verge of tears. Jarred saw her run by, and noticed her sad features. That's when he passed by the Logans' door, and heard Terra crying, “Ooh… go on… get it!”
 
“Whew… she must really getting deep into someone.” He muttered to himself as he walked along.
 
 
Inside the room, Terra and Garfield were spent. They both lay in bed, still slightly embraced, and they both fell asleep knowing that their love was just as strong as ever than before.