Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Adventures of Manimal and Geo-Girl ❯ Feel like passing out ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes:
 
Sorry… no songs here…
 
I haven't got many ideas for this type of chapter, besides… they don't ALL have to have songs I them.
 
CHAPTER ELEVEN
 
The next morning, it was Saturday again, and no classes.
 
Garfield had already gotten up early to go work on his Gamma-Ray projector in the labs. Terra came out of her room that morning looking pretty odd to Jarred who saw her from a-far.
 
Hair messy, clothes wrinkled… and a little bit of sweat. “She's defiantly been making out with someone he thought to himself. As he wondered who the mystery guy was, he saw Kiki sitting on a bench way on the other side of the grounds where he was.
 
She was looking just as upset as she did last night as she sat there all by herself. Jarred hated seeing her like that, all sad and weepy; she almost looked like she was crushed. He knew she needed comfort, but even still… after everything he had spoken about with Garfield, he was still rather shy.
 
That's when Terra came over and sat down beside him. “Penny for your thoughts?” she asked. Jarred showed her, and Terra didn't like the way Kiki looked either. They decided to go over and both see what was troubling her…
 
 
Meanwhile…
 
The Keelers had left they're office, and made their way to the air-support room on one of their inspections. The Janitor-technician reported that all the systems were just fine, “this baby's a-purrin' like a kitten.”
 
Mr. Keeler clapped his fingers softly with glee, “Excellent, excellent…” he said. “But just for the safety of our beloved students… you should check it again.”
 
The janitor nodded, “Yes sir…” but the moment he turned around, Mrs. Keeler hit him hard on the head with a wrench knocking him out cold. “So much for him.” she snickered.
 
Her husband kissed her hand tenderly, and then he took the small box, set it on the table, and opened it revealing the little figurines of their jungle-fighter men. One by one, they tapped the little men's foreheads, and the vanished, then reappeared as real men.
 
“Get rid of him!” Mr. Keeler ordered one of the guards, and the creature dragged the janitor away. “The time has come…” he replied, “Now with our new air-conditioning equipment, we shall change the air inside the school to the same kind on our planet.”
 
At once they began tampering with the controls, and installing bugging devices they had built to alter the controls further. The temperature and the carbon dioxide were slowly rising higher, while the oxygen levels were dropping far below danger levels.
 
“We will be able to live now…” said one of the guards, “But what of the humans here with us? What shall become of them?”
 
Mr. Keeler sniggered, “A lack of oxygen will prevent their minds from realizing what is happening.” He said, “And if they die, it does not matter. My only concern is to make sure that Earth is habitable for all of our kind.”
 
 
Meanwhile
 
None of the students had been affected or even noticed the change in air-pressure yet…
 
Terra and Jarred had taken Kiki to the café's and they got ice-cream. Kiki began to cheer up a bit, but she still wasn't sure she was up to talking about what was bothering her. “Kiki… we can't help you if you won't tell us.”
 
Kiki told them that she passed by the dorm last night, and could swear he heard Garfield making out with someone that night. “It's not fair… I liked him, and I didn't even get a chance.”
 
Jarred's hearts suddenly slowed down a little. “You… like Garfield?” he asked. “Oh… uh… I see.”
 
Terra really felt her guilt rising up again. Though the both of them didn't know it was her that was the one who made out with Garfield last night, but now she was hurting Jarred's feelings too.
 
Now they both looked like they had lost hope, “Uh… guys… I…”
 
Jarred knew Garfield wasn't to blame, but right now he just felt like drowning himself in the washroom-sinks. “If you'll both excuse me.” he said looking bummed-out, and he left.
 
Kiki couldn't understand why Jarred was so upset now, but she really wanted to talk to Garfield. “Where is he by the way?”
 
“Oh… he's in the labs still working on is… er... chemistry project.” She said trying to hide the truth. “Uh… I'll go see if he's done.”
 
She walked out of the room feeling really uptight. What was she going to do? Jarred and Kiki were starting to come onto her and Garfield, and now they were both really upset. “If we don't finish our mission and get out of here soon… Jarred and Kiki may never be able to understand.” She thought to herself.
 
 
Garfield was in the labs, with an apron and goggles on, working hard to perfect the little protection machine he made. It was a simple tall thing, about the size of a shoebox on its side, and a little blaster up at the top that could capture radiation from the air and force the molecules out forward. “Heh; if only I was this smart as plain old Beast Boy.” He said to himself.
 
Just then, the door opened, and Terra came in. “So… how's it coming?” she asked.
 
Garfield took off his goggles, “Well you're just in time… I was just about to run a test.” He said as he picked up the machine and placed it on a table in a safe room behind hue compounded doors and glass.
 
He aimed the little gun so that it would focus its beams o a sample of the plant life obtained. He clicked a few switches and the machine began to whirr indicating it was active. “Okay… let's get out this room.”
 
They closed and locked the door to the small test-chamber, and looked through the glass. “Well… here we go.” He said as he held up a small remote-box, and tapped a big red button.
 
The machine-rays shot out, whining as they pierced the air in the room, and the plant-life caught a blaze, and all the green was burned off. “Hey, it works great.” Terra said, but Garfield was shaking his head, “No… not really.”
 
He powered down the machine remotely, and then started the vacuum to air-out the test-room. The both went in and examined the burned leftovers of the plants. “Well…” Garfield said as he examined them, “It can defoliate the green parts of the jungle… but it's still not powerful enough to destroy the roots.”
 
Garfield decided he needed more time to work. “I'll try increasing the gamma-radiation, and try to put electrons into it. That'll make it work.”
 
That's when Terra told him about Jarred and Kiki. Garfield felt just awful for the both of them. “Jarred must be really down about this…” he said.
 
Terra nodded, “The sooner we finish this mission, the better, but in the meantime… I'll try and talk to Kiki again.” She said,
 
Garfield nodded, “Okay… and I'll deal with Jarred when I get the chance. This is more important right now. The fate of the world depends on this machine.”
 
Terra nodded and then she turned to leave, yet as her hands touched the doorknob, “Whew… hey… is it stuffy in here?”
 
“Hmm…? Oh, you noticed.” Garfield said.
 
Terra just brushed it off. “It's probably just my imagination.”
 
But really… it was the air-support. The Keelers' tampering with the controls was starting to take effect. It was getting too hot and almost toxic to breath in the dome. Many of the students began passing out already.
 
Jarred rubbed his eyes… “Whew… man…” he groaned, “I better get some coffee, I feel like dropping like a rock.” he said to himself. He was able to make it back to the café, where he found Kiki was already passing out, and then he too went down like tree being cut.
 
Terra made it back to her dorm, but she was feeling even drowsier by the minute. She decided to try and read a little to keep awake… but she barely even picked up a book when she too collapsed.
 
In the labs, Garfield was starting to feel faint, “Gotta… keep… working.” He peeped. “Gotta… keep… working...”
 
All over the school, teachers, students and staff were all coughing and wheezing, and passing out one by one.
 
Eventually… all had gone completely quiet in the school, everyone seemed to have passed out, or were ready to drop.
 
This was not good!