Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Adventures of Manimal and Geo-Girl ❯ Condition Red ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWELVE
 
In the Air-support room, Mr. Keeler was assured, “Even the strongest of them should be out by now.” he said.
 
Mrs. Keeler nodded, and then sent two of the Jungle-Fighters to, “See that it is time to move out!”
 
The two men saluted, and were off.
 
Meanwhile
 
Garfield was still awake, but he was finding it very difficult to breathe now, even with his animal instincts. He groggily made his way to the air-vent, and sniffed around, “That… that smell…” he groaned, “That's… Carbon Dioxide.” The very same samples found in the plant-life he had examined.
 
He made his way over to the phone on the wall, which served as intercoms throughout the whole school. He clicked it on, “Hello… can anyone hear me…?” he cried, “Is anyone still awake…?”
 
No one answered, as pretty much everyone was all passed out, except for Jarred who was starting to get his second wind. He could hear Garfield over the intercom. “Hello… is anyone out there? Please answer me!”
 
Luckily, the phone was just above his head from where he passed out. Jarred managed to grab it, “Gar… Garfield.” he groaned, “Its Jarred…”
 
Garfield was relieved to hear his voice his, “Okay… now listen to me… this is very important.” he said, “Seal… all air vents… go on… emergency oxygen.”
 
Jarred was still half asleep, “What… what's that?”
 
“Something… something seems to be wrong with air-support system. replied Garfield, “Seal all the vents up, and get those respirators going.”
 
Jarred agreed… and using what strength he had left, he began to seal off the vents in café. Kiki was beginning to wake up, “Kiki… Kiki?” Jarred called. Kiki responded to his voice, “Kiki… wake up. Emergency air! Get emergency air!”
 
Kiki finally managed to get to her feet, and over to the cabinet on the wall containing several respiration masks, and small air-tanks. She donned one on, and breathed in heavily catching her breath back.
 
She grabbed several of the others, and passed one to Jarred who just like her, breathed in very deeply. “Whew… that's much better.” He panted, “Okay… you help out the other students, and I'll alert the rest of the school.”
 
“Right…” Kiki said behind her mask, and she went passing out more air to the student, Jarred got to the phone again. “Attention… Attention all staff and students! Go on emergency-oxygen, repeat; Go on Emergency-Oxygen. All teachers… report the condition of your students.”
 
The students were starting to awaken, and helping others get up as well; even Garfield donned on an emergency mask, and then ran off to go find Terra.
 
 
Terra was still passed out in her dorm, and as she lay there she began to dream something bad…
 
 
She was still a school-girl at Murakami, and yet she finally realized how much she needed Beast-Boy in her life, but when she tried to make up with him, he wouldn't let her near him.
 
“You said Things Change…” he said to her, really letting her have it, “Well you got it…
 
He was too upset for what she had done to take her back. She hurt him, and now, she was going to pay!
 
 
Terra wouldn't let go of Beat-Boy… she couldn't. So one night, she dressed in black, and made her way to Titan's tower… but she got there and heard the song she and Beast-Boy wrote in the real world…
 
(Music cue)
 
Beast-Boy, dressed in his rebel-outfit; White T-shirt, Leather jacket, Blue pants, Sunglasses, and golden chain round his neck, even his hair was looking mean.
 
He was lying in his bed, and moving his head to the beat as the hard-rock song started.
 
(Beast-Boy)
(Sound's like Kevin Clash/ Billy Idol Muppet)
 
Last night as I was lyin'
Just loungin' in my bed,
Heard such a loony howlin',
Stood my hair up on my head.
Lunged over to the window,
Flipped the floodlight right on.
 
(Runs to his window)
 
Hey, there's a strange girl on the loose.
Leapin' across my lawn!
 
(BB in the window, Terra down below)
 
I heard the rebel girl
Let out a…
 
(Terra)
 
"Yah-Yah-Yah."
 
(Beast-Boy)
 
The little rebel girl,
She cried,
 
(Terra)
 
"Yah-Yah-Yah."
“Yah-Yah-Yah."
 
(Beast-Boy)
 
I heard the rebel girl
Let out a…
 
(Terra)
 
“Yah-Yah-Yah!”
 
(Beast-Boy)
 
The little Rebel Girl,
She went…
 
(Terra)
 
"Yah-Yah-Yah."
“YAH-YAH-YAH!!"
 
(Music goes REALLY wild as they dance hard)
 
(Screen whirlsround and around horizontallyas Terra SCREAMS…)
 
REBEL GIRL!
 
(Screenwhirlsround and around vertically)
 
(Beast-Boy)
 
She said…
 
(Terra)
 
"You gotta listen,
See, I'm a lean, mean lass.
And if I cannot have you then,
I'll kill you at the pass
Just wanna live for you and me
And don't say I'm too young
I was born to scream for love
At the top of my lu-lu-lungs!"
 
(Screen whirlsround and around horizontally)
 
(Beast-Boy)
 
I heard the rebel girl
Let out a…
 
(Terra)
 
"Yah-Yah-Yah."
 
(Beast-Boy)
 
The little rebel girl,
She cried,
 
(Terra)
 
"Yah-Yah-Yah."
“Yah-Yah-Yah."
 
(Beast-Boy)
 
I heard the rebel girl
Let out a…
 
(Terra)
 
“Yah-Yah-Yah!”
 
(Beast-Boy)
 
The little Rebel Girl,
She went…
 
(Terra)
 
"Yah-Yah-Yah."
“YAH-YAH-YAH!!"
 
(Music goes REALLY wild as they dance hard)
 
(Screen whirlsround and around verticallyas Terra SCREAMS…)
 
REBEL GIRL!
 
(Screenwhirlsround and around horizontally)
 
(Beast-Boy)
 
Leaned out a little lower,
"Leapin' lizards!" I yelled,
"You gotta learn a lesson,
Hey, it's late, get lost, Rebel Girl
You're wakin' up the city.
Please leave us in peace.
(Police Sirens and Lights)
 
Looks like you're outta luck, Rebel girl;
here come the pol-luh-luh-lice!"
 
(Screen flips round and around vertically)
 
 
Police officers and the other Titans came out from all directions. Raven even confronted Terra.
 
(Raven)
(Sounds like Fran Bill)
 
Hey, little Rebel Girl,
You're too loud, loud, loud.
We know you're lost and lonely
Without a crowd, crowd,
CROWD CORWD!!
(Everyone nowon the lawn)
 
But listen, Rebel Girl,
We got laws, laws, laws!
 
(Terra)
 
I'm just a rebel girl
Without a cause, cause, cause!
 
(EVERYONE)
 
“REBEL GIRL!!”
 
(Music goes REALLY wild as they ALL dance hard)
 
(Screen flips round and around horizontally)
 
“REBEL GIRL!!”
 
“I'M JUST A REBEL GIRL!!”
 
(Screen flips round and around vertically)
 
“REBEL GIRL!!”
 
“You know I'm just a Rebel Girl!”
 
(Screen flips round and around horizontally)
 
“REBEL GIRL!!”
 
“You know I'm just a Rebel Girl!”
 
(Screen flips round and around vertically)
 
“REBEL GIRL!!”
 
“I'M JUST A REBEL GIRL!!”
 
“REBEL GIRL!!”
 
(Fade out)
 
 
“I'm just… a Rebel… girl…” Terra kept moaning over and over again, until she felt herself being shaken. “Terra… Terra…” Garfield called to her, and he held a respirator over her face. “Wake up… wake up. Now breathe…!”
 
Terra breathed deeply, and began to realize she was only dreaming. “Ohh… what a relief.” she cried as she rubbed her head.
 
Garfield smiled through his mask, “Easy now… everything's going to be okay.”
 
 
Meanwhile, in the air-support room, the Keelers heard everything. “They'll be coming in here now.” Mr. Keeler said.
 
“What are we going to do?” asked his wife.
 
Mr. Keeler saw no other option, “We shall have to normalize the controls, but there is more than one way to capture this school.” he said. Then he spoke to the third guard, “Quickly, find the other two… bring them back to our office, we shall be waiting.”
 
Quickly, the guard ran off, and as the Keelers fixed the controls, they grabbed a few samples of the plants from their little box, and shoved them into the air vent. Whatever was going to happen it couldn't have been good.
 
 
Later on… all the students and teachers were back on their feet, but still wearing their masks. This was the worst air-conditioning problem ever, and they weren't going to stand for it anymore.
 
They were also starting to think that these difficulties were part of something, and perhaps the school should be evacuated. Still… they would need just a little more proof before lodging a complaint to Superintendent Jim Band.
 
When Jarred and Kiki both went to check the air-support, they found to their surprise. “The air mixture's normal, and all the settings are okay.”
 
They couldn't understand it, but they sent a message to the school, “Attention all Staff and students. Air Support System reactivated. Everyone switch back to your normal air-support.”
 
Yet, as the left the room… they didn't stick around to catch a whole load of plants and growth burst from the vents, changing the whole air support room in into a jungle.
 
 
Even more stranger… as Jarred and Kiki turned the corner, the caught a glimpse of three men, with silvers faces and dressed in paratroop uniforms walk down the other hallway. “Did you see what I saw?” asked Jarred.
 
Kiki nodded, “It looked like… Jungle-Fighters?”
 
“With silver-faces?” replied Jarred, “I think maybe we should talk to the Keelers.”
 
 
The three jungle fighters burst into the Keelers office. “We've been seen!”
 
Quickly the Keelers used their magic to send them back into their little box ad out of sight just as Jarred and Kiki entered. “Begging your pardon Mr. Keeler.” Jarred said, “Did you happen to feel the air give out, sir?”
 
Mr. Keeler put on his nice-man act. “Oh yes… we both did.” He said softly, “The Mrs. and I were barely able to don our gas-masks in time.”
 
Mrs. Keeler nodded, “We fixed the air-Support system as soon as we could. We would never forgive ourselves if something were to happen to all our beloved students.”
 
Kiki and Jarred began to sense lies in their voices, but they let it go. “Oh uh… Sir… Miss… uh… there's one other thing. Kiki and I, we think we saw something in corridor-7.”
 
“Saw something…?” asked Mr. Keeler, “Saw what…?”
 
“Well… Jungle-Fighters.”
 
The Keeler looked at each other all confused, “Jungle-Fighters?”
 
The Keelers did their best to cover up their tracks, and suggested that maybe Jarred and Kiki's minds were playing tricks on them, being affected by the air. “Perhaps you two should report to the infirmary for an examination.”
 
Jarred and Kiki thought they were right… but as soon as they left, more jungle spilled from the vents and filled up the office. The Keelers were sniggering with evil. “Our main push has now begun.” Mr. Keeler said, “Within the hour… the school shall be ours.”