Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Things Change & The End? ❯ I'm nobody's hero ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
The next day… Beast-Boy had not come out of his room, as usual.
 
The Titans had invited him out to the gone to the theme-park on the docks, but he didn't even answer them indicating he wasn't in the mood.
 
So the Titans left without him leaving Beast-Boy with the whole place to himself. When he finally came out from his room, his eyes fell upon Raven's bedroom-door down the hall. “Hmm…” he wondered if he'd dare to go in and maybe Raven had a spell book or something that could maybe help him…
 
It was silly, and it was a really stupid idea, but then again he had to know. Maybe there would be something he could use.
 
I turned out that Raven's books were all nothing but myths, and ancient stores… almost all of which were written in languages he couldn't understand as Raven knew German, Hebrew, Latin, and Sanskrit. “Dude… how can anyone read this chicken scratch…?” he groaned. He threw the book at the big white trunk on the floor by Raven's bed, and the lid flew open.
 
Beast-Boy couldn't help but peek inside. He was most surprise not to find any treasures or artifacts, but he did see two books. One was the book dictating the story of Malichor and Rorek, the one Raven was decided by…
 
But he didn't recognize the other one. It was a black book with angry red markings all over it and a skull mark in the center of the cover. He picked it up, and the skull began to glow. “Whoa…!” he cried as the book slowly began to open.
 
The words were written in a text that couldn't possible be an Earth language. Beast-Boy began to assume maybe it was from Raven's home, Azarath. Suddenly… “Dude… what the--” before his eyes, the words began to translate into plain English.
 
He had just started to read it when he heard the sound of someone coming. “Yikes!” he quickly shut the book and replaced in the trunk, and then changed into a and hid on the wall as Raven entered her room after she and the others had returned from their day out…
 
Her eyes widened at what she found. Some of her books were on the floor, and some not in their alphabetical-order on the shelf, and her white trunk was moved slightly. She peeked inside and noticed the black book was turned upside-down indicating someone had touched it.
 
Raven opened the book wide, and it did not seem to glow for her, and even though she couldn't read the text in the book she smelled something strange on the pages. “Tofu…!” she hissed under he breath…
 
Then she could just barely hear the sound of a fly in her room and saw It heading for the went on the ceiling. Raven narrowed her eyes forcing the fly to morph into Beast-Boy, “YEOW…!” and he landed with a thud on the floor. “Busted…!”
 
 
The next thing Beast-Boy knew, the Titans were scolding him badly for invading Raven's privacy, as well as mixing up her books. “You could've unleashed something…!” Raven growled, “and worse… you touched the Dark Prognosticus!”
 
Obviously she was referring to that black book in her trunk. When the other Titans asked what it was about, Raven told them that the Dark Prognosticus was an evil spell-book kept in Azarath; once used by Trigon. Now that Trigon destroyed, the book was entrusted to Raven to guard and watch over. “If anyone is able to use this book… it could BRING DISASTER… UNDERSTAND…” she roared at Beast-Boy.
 
Beast-Boy winced, and tried to speak up for himself, but the other Titans were clearly on Raven's side. “Just don't do this again Beast-Boy.” Robin said. But I wish you'd tell us what's wrong with you.”
 
Beast-Boy gasped hard at that statement, as if he had just been insulted deep down inside. “Yo' man, we want to help you… but your not makin' it any easier.”
 
“Friend… will you not confide in us?” added Starfire, but Beast-boy just left in a huff. “You guys can't help me! No one can!” he scoffed.
 
A long silence followed, the Titans never saw him this angry before. If only they knew what was wrong with him…
 
 
It was three in the afternoon and time for Beast-Boy to take his position on the roof overlooking the school, but when he got up there, he was being watched by Terra's two friends who had cut class early and ready to put their plan into action. “There he is…” Jackie said.
 
“You guys ready…?” Jillian asked two big bully-students they had hired to teach Beast-boy to leave Terra alone. The two boys snickered wickedly and headed for the building across the street.
 
Beast-Boy was on the roof, overlooking the school below, suddenly, he could see Terra, and she looked up at him with a sad expression in her eyes, and even though they were far away she could tell he had a look of dismay on his eyes. She still didn't like the way he was torturing himself because of her decision, but she didn't know what to do…
 
Suddenly… “Huh?”
 
 
Beast-Boy felt someone grab him from behind. Two other students from the school were gazing at him right in the eye “Hiya doin' pal…?” POW! Right in his chest, Beast-Boy skidding across the concrete ground. “Dude…! What's your problem?”
 
The other bully placed his foot on his chest, “It's nothing personal kid. We were hired to do this, we're gonna beat the crap out of ya.” and he kicked him hard.
 
Jackie and Jillian burst through the door and onto the roof. “Hey there, Brat-Boy!” Jillian sneered. “You should've left Terra alone.”
 
“Well too late… no we're all going to teach you a lesson you won't forget.” added Jackie. “Get him, boys!” and the bullies continued to attack Beast-Boy, who didn't bother to change into any animal and defend himself.
 
But there was on thing he couldn't stop, “No! Stop this!” he cried, “Don't make angry or I'll-- AH!” SOCK he got bashed hard in the face.
 
 
Terra dashed across the street as fast as she could. She had to put a stop to this before they really hurt him, but seeing as how there was no faster way to get to the roof, she hid in the alleys behind the building where no one could see her, and used her powers to float on a rock all the way to the top where no one noticed her.
 
She dashed round the bend to see Jackie and Jillian holding Beast-Boy back while the bullies continuously rammed punches into his gut and face. “STOP IT!” she screamed. “Leave him alone!”
 
“Terra?” Beast-Boy cried.
 
Jackie and Jillian were surprised that she was here trying to break up the fight, but didn't call the boys off, however, one of the boys grabbed her by her tie, “Keep out of this, Blondie!” and he punched her hard in the face sending her skidding right into a pile of garbage cans.
 
“TERRA…!” Beast-Boy roared. A Bruise on her cheek from where she punched and a scrape on her leg from her fall. “TERRA…!!!!”
 
SNAP!
 
His anger had spiked, and he felt his head aching in sheer pain as his eyes began to glow. “OHH… AAH… NO…!”
 
“Aw, Baby-Boy gonna cry…!” Jackie mocked, but suddenly both she, and Jillian felt Beast-Boy's body was growing. Terra looked up and saw Beast-Boy as his clothes shredded and he transformed into this huge werewolf creature…
 
Garfield Logan…
 
Beast-Boy, of the Teen Titans.
 
Search for a way to prove his worth to his teammates in a battle with the villain, Adonis. Then an accidental exposure of gamma radiation alters his body chemistry.
 
And now when Beast-Boy grows angry or outraged, a startling metamorphosis occurs beyond his control.
 
THE INCREDIBLE BEAST
 
The Beast ROARED angrily at the two boys who were already grabbed by his huge arms, unable to move, unable to defend themselves. The beast hurled them into a another pile of garbage-cans knocking them completely unconscious.
 
The Creature is driven by rage, and poses a warning to all those who make Beast-Boy angry.
 
 
The Beast then turned to Jackie and Jillian, and ROARED. The two girls screamed and tried to run for it, but the Beast leapt towards the door blocking them from getting out.
 
Jackie tried to hit the beat with a huge pip she had grabbed, but the beat snapped it to scrap with one bite of his huge teeth. Then grabbed her and Jillian. “No…!”
 
“Put us down!”
 
The beat did by throwing them over the door-hut, and SPLASH, right into a vat of cold water. Terra frightened and amazed at the same time at the same time. Then, the beats turned to her, and instead of attacking her. It just gazed at her…
 
Terra gazed up into his eyes, “Beast-Boy?”
 
Then suddenly, “BEAST-BOY!” Robin shouted, the beast was attacked by star-bolts, and sonic-waves. The Titans all landed on the roof and ensnared the beast in Raven's dark-energy. Terra saw them coming at him, and quickly hid so they would not see her… knowing it would ruin her chance for a normal life.
 
The titans didn't see her, but had attacked the beast enough that he had transformed back into Beast-Boy, his shoes were gone, and his outfit was almost completely shredded. His head felt like he had been hit by a jet-plane.
 
“Ooh… what happened? Terra?” he couldn't see her, but he did find the four Titans staring at him very angrily and tapping their feet. “Uh oh…!”
 
 
The Titans had completely scolded him for what they believe him beating up four high-school students, when in reality he was self defending himself, but the only other person who could support him was Terra, but she had disappeared, in an obvious attempt to hide from the Titans.
 
“Beast-Boy… this is your last chance.” Robin sneered, “If you cause anyone anymore trouble, I'll put you in jail myself!” he thundered.
 
Beast-Boy tried to vogue for his actions, but the moment he mentioned Terra's name. “What's got in to you, man?” Cyborg sneered.
 
“You are behaving like a royal Zarbnorf, again!” growled Starfire.
 
Raven had nothing to say and turned her head away. Beast-Boy realized that the Titans officially did not care about him or his feelings anymore. “Fine! Who needs who you guys?” and he stormed off to his room and didn't come out for the rest of the night.
 
“We have… upset him?” Starfire asked.
 
“Let it go…” Raven said, “If he wants to act like a spoiled brat, then let him.”
 
Cyborg agreed, “The kid's gotta' learn to grow-up, and learn to move on.”
 
 
Beast-Boy had heard them all through the vents, and really felt like he totally lost himself to everyone's wrath.
 
(Music Cue)
 
(Beast-Boy)
 
It don't know what's happenin' to me.
I'm getting blamed and kicked for things I didn't do.
Can anybody tell me just what I did wrong.
I'm all alone and I'm so confused.
 
I don't know what everyone wants me to be.
I only know just how to be me.
I wish I was a guy who was loved and respected, and not… an absolute zero.
 
I'm nobody's hero!
 
An Absolute Zero
 
I'm nobody's hero!
 
I'm nobody's… hero… ero… ero…!
 
 
Well, he decided he had taken enough. The Titans were no longer his family, his friends, nor his allies. All they cared about was their lives, and he was just a third-wheel.
 
That night, he crept out of his room and into the empty lounge. He turned on a small light and sat down at the table with a pad and paper and began to write.
 
Dear Titans…
 
“Wait… that's too formal.” The thought, and so he tried again…
 
Dear team…
 
“Ugh… too friendly.” He tried one more time.
 
Dear Lynch-mob
 
“Yeah! That's it.”
 
I have been mistreated and shot down for crimes I didn't commit. Shot down and abused by the people I THOUGHT were my friends, whom I could trust.
 
You say I'm crazy… but the way you guys have been treating me ever since I saw Terra, as well as badly scolding me unjustly… I wonder who's really crazy.
 
“Dude… that's sweet…”
 
I have come to realize that you care nothing about me or my feelings. Even after all the great things I have done for you before. “And Tell Raven not to say I haven't”
 
I regret to say that after the events that have been happening, I'm afraid that we are no longer a team. I'll never find happiness in life, and things won't get better if I stay here in the city with you guys, and a girl who no longer wishes to be with me or us…
 
By the time you read this sentence… I will be long gone. Who knows where, and who cares, you guys don't. Now you won't have to worry about me anymore. I'll try and make it through life somehow… but I never wish to see any of you ever again.
 
Goodbye…
Good luck…
And Good Riddance…!
 
“Beast-Boy.”
 
He finished his letter, and then placed his Titans communicator, his ID cards, and his access papers on the table with it. Then turned out the light and changed into a bird, and flew off into the night…!