Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Things Change & The End? ❯ The end of Beast-Boy? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
The next morning, the Titans found the note and Beast-Boy's things. “Aw, man…” cried Cyborg as he continued to read from it, “I have come to realize that you care nothing about me or my feelings. Even after all the great things I have done for you before.”
 
Raven snuffed, “Great things… the only great things he knows is how not to make people laugh.”
 
Cyborg looked up from the note and quoted the part that said, “Tell Raven not to say I haven't.”
 
Raven blushed in embarrassment. The Titans all felt really bad, “Our friend, he feels that we have betrayed him.” Said Starfire. “Now he is out there in the world alone and unprotected…?”
 
The titans all sighed, and decided, “We better go look for him.” Robin said. “We'll spread out and search his usual places. Let's move!” and the titans were out the door in a second.
 
 
It was really hard to try and find Beast-Boy since he had left his communicator behind. Cyborg wasn't able to sense Beast-boy's heartbeat with his wrist-computer, and Raven couldn't make psychic contact. Either Beast-Boy was changed into an animal which blocked them out… or he really did leave the city.
 
(Music cue)
 
Still they searched all over…
 
“Beast-Boy…?”
 
“Friend… it is I Starfire… Where are you about?”
 
“Yo! Where are ya, man?”
 
 
“Beast-Boy…!”
 
(Cyborg's voice)
 
You can't take no for an answer!
You can't take no for an answer!
You can't take no for an answer!
No, no, no.


Whenever there's a dream worth a-dreaming
(dreaming!)
And you wanna see that dream come true
(dream come true!)
There'll be plenty people talking
"Forget all about it"
Say "it isn't worth the trouble--
All the trouble that you're going through!"
(it ain't worth it-NO!)
Well, what can you do?


You can't take no for an answer!
You can't take no for an answer!
You can't take no for an answer!
No, no, no.


You can't take no for an answer!
(you can't take no)
You can't take no for an answer!
(no,no,no ,no)
You can't take no for an answer
!
No, no, no.

No
, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
No
, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.


Whatcha gonna do when the dimes get tough
and the world's treating you unkind?
You gotta hang on to your optimistic outlook
And keep possession of your positive state-of-mind
(state of mind, state of mind, state of mind, state, state, mind!)

No
, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
No
, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
No
, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
No
, no, no!
 
 
Starfire flew past the Murakami School, “Beast-Boy…?” she called. “Beast-Boy where are you at…?”
 
Terra's ears gave a twitch from in her math-class. Beast-Boy was gone? She couldn't believe it… she wouldn't.
 
“Ms. Markov…!” the teacher snapped. Terra snapped her head forward, “Is there a problem?”
 
Terra nervously replied with, “N-n-no sir… I'm sorry.”
 
 
By the time school was out, Terra was really in over her head. The news had reported that it was true, Beast-Boy really had left the city. “Well what do you know…?” cracked Jackie. “The greenie ran away.”
 
“Meh… good riddance.” added Jillian, “Looks like we showed him yesterday.”
 
Terra, however, was not sympathetic, nor impressed. She didn't bother to speak to the girls all day, and just walked right past them as if they were a pair of pythons, yet deep down she knew Beast-Boy had left because of her.
 
She never expected anyone would so upset over change before… but then again this was Beast-Boy she was thinking of; whenever things changed, something happened to him, and it was always disastrous.
 
She just wondered where he was now, and if he was okay.
 
 
Beast-Boy had sure traveled far for just a few hours. Flying through the skies, taking time to give him arms a break and walk along the road, where he would begin to hitchhike.
 
(Lonely man Piano song)
 
Unfortunately, no one would stop for him, not even if they were heading in the same direction he was and if they had room to spare. Beast-Boy could read the lips and expressions of the drivers, they were either laughing “The green boy” or just no interested. “Let him get his own ride.”
 
Beast-Boy also had no money left, he spent a lot when he drank all those milkshakes. Luckily he didn't have to worry about food. He found some fields with lushing green grass he could eat like a cow, literally… or snack on some leaves like a caterpillar, literally.
 
And he was feeling tired, he would burrow underground like a mole, literally, or change into a turtle and sleep inside his shell. So at least he had food, and somewhat of shelter, but he was alone now, and he needed a new home and fast.
 
He just hoped he could find such a place…
 
 
It was already dark by the time the titans got back to the tower, their bodies ached fro all their search. They must had covered every square inch of Jump-City and had no luck to where Beast-Boy was.
 
“Well maybe he has decided to return to the Doom patrol?” Starfire suggested, but the others thought that was the least likely thing he would've done. “Are you kiddin' he would never run back to that slime-ball, Mento.”
 
Robin came into the lounge, “It wouldn't matter anyways… I just talked to the Doom Patrol, and they haven't seen him either.” he told everyone.
 
“Are they not worried about him?” Starfire asked. Robin only regretted to say that Mento treated it as if Beast-Boy was learning to grow up and become a man. “So… in other words, their not doing anything.” Raven hissed.
 
Cyborg really felt disgusted, “Man, what did BB ever see in those guys?”
 
Robin also had more to report, “You guys aren't going to believe this, and I didn't want to either but--” he hooked him his communicator to the monitor and showed everyone that he had gone exploring in the underground caverns. “Wait for it…” he replied. “There! Look!”
 
The Titans were all speechless. Terra's pedestal was there, so was the plaque, but the statue was gone. Vanished without a trace. “You don't think…?” Cyborg paused.
 
“Our friend, Terra, she is truly alive?” asked Starfire. “Was Beast-Boy being truthful the whole time?”
 
No one could tell, but it looked as though they had yet another mystery on their hands. Find Beast-Boy, and see if Terra was really back and well. The best they could do was search for Terra as she was possibly closer, somewhere in the city.
 
Only, they figured it would be best for them to search tomorrow, as it was late, and they were all pretty beat.
 
 
Elsewhere, Beast-Boy had changed into a turtle, and curled up in his shell somewhere… out there… in the middle of nowhere. All in one day he had traveled to three different cities, and was unwelcome by everyone… just because he was different.
 
He even helped the police in a few place apprehend criminals, and even though his efforts were of good intentions and he did help the police, even they were cross with him. “We don't need any green animal freak helping us.”
 
Beast-Boy couldn't even get a job to make some money to buy some decent tofu. “Sweet tofu…” he thought sadly, “I could use some about now.”
 
He fell into a sad, pitiful sleep, and he immediately had nightmare about every last bad thing that happened to him. Losing his parents, his foster families… being kicked out of orphans' homes. Being cast into the streets, cold, hungry, and alone
 
The Doom patrol, and Mento being an idiot just because Beast-Boy saved his slimy life, even if it was against orders. Then came Terra, the only girl he ever truly loved, and he lost her not once but several times over… Now even the Titans no longer cared for him, and neither did the whole world. Even his experience in Tokyo was no longer any good.
 
Beast-boy began to dream he was strapped into a chair with his eyes tapped open and everyone walked up to him and slapped him across the face just for a cheap thrill…
 
Except for Terra, who just kept saying those terrible words to him over, and over! “Things Change Beast-Boy. The girl you want me to be is just a memory.”
 
Beast-Boy woke up in a fright, and found that his entire body was now swarming with extreme anger and sadness. He changed back into his normal form, and began to kick the rocks he was sleeping n so hard that he actually broke the rocks, and at the same time hurt his foot. “Ow… ooh…!” he had to be really careful not to really blow it, or he'd change into The Incredible Beast again.
 
But right now, he really had taken his fill. All these years of pain and torment had finally made him decide for something drastic. He lost his loved ones, and everyone else got to enjoy happiness but him. It wasn't fair…
 
“Dude…!” he hissed to himself. “I'll get `em for this! I'll get everything for this!”
 
He suddenly felt his heart beating differently than before, almost as if it were calling out to something. Just then a bright glow of light shone behind him. “Huh…?”
 
He turned round, “Dude…! It's the--” The same black book from the white chest in Raven's room, The Dark Prognosticus. What it was doing here, and how it got here was a huge mystery…
 
He grabbed the book, and the glowing dimmed a little. He could still smell the tofu on it, meaning it was the exact same book. He wondered why it was here, and if Raven knew it was gone… but suddenly, his eyes feel upon the front page which was blank before, and it started to spell out that strange language that he was able to read for some reason…
 
“Ye who hath never found happiness. May wield this book and the magic it holds.”
 
Prophecies of legend and vast powers will ye be donned with.”
 
“Only when ye life has ended, can the darkest of ages will begineth.”
 
Beast-Boy had nearly no clue of what that meant, but he was so angry, sad, and thirsty for vengeance right now. “I'd be stupid enough NOT to do this.” he hissed wickedly. Though the book was asking him to do was very risky, and extremely dangerous.
 
He wasn't sure if he really was able to do it, but after he rethought of all the misery that he already had, and no hope of things ever getting better… and yet again, he was crazy enough. He went for it…
 
He grabbed the book, and then what he did was… he found a gorge in the valley he was sleeping in. a very deep one. So deep down, the river below look like puddle for ants. Beast-Boy took a step to the ledge, and gulped hard.
 
The wind blew past his face and through his hair. “Tallyho…!” he cried, and JUMPED! He tried his best not to scream, and to resist the urge to change into a bird and fly out at the last minute. The ground was racing toward him from below fast…
 
The only thing that kept him going was the fact that he was doing this to make things better. Much better! “DUDE…!!”
 
CRASH!!
 
His body slammed the muddy ground so hard he actually caused a muddy wave. Then nothing. He lay perfectly still, not moving or breathing, and he was bleeding badly, and his legs were dislocated as well as his arms.
 
He was finished…!
 
 
Whole in town, all the Titans, in bed, each shot up with a strange sickening feeling that something terrible just happened. They weren't only ones…
 
Wherever Terra was living now, she shot straight from her sleep. “Beast-Boy…?” she cried. “Oh my gosh!” she had a really bad feeling.