Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Things Change & The End? ❯ What would Beast-Boy want? ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
The next day, Robin had the Titans training hard. That close fight with Medeva, Sir. Vile, and Jacqueline Hyde was a hard one, especially without Beast-Boy on the team, and cutting their odds greatly. After a while Cyborg persuaded Robin to let everyone take a break. “We'll never save the world if were too wiped out to even move.” he pointed out.
 
Robin, panting, and dripping with sweat, reluctantly agreed.
 
The Titans headed for the lounge for some water, and Cyborg, flicked on the TV. HE would've channel surfed if he hadn't heard the name “Beast-Boy…” coming from the news report. The other Titans dashed over “Shh…! Nobody say anything.” said Robin.
 
The report continued, and it said some pretty bad things the Titans wished they hadn't heard.
 
“There still remains no evidence on the disappearance of the body of the former Teen Titan, Beast-Boy. The boy was found laying motionless at the bottom of a one-thousand foot gorge in a valley miles away from this city. Judging by his fatal injuries and loss of blood, it was determined that the boy had leapt from the dizzy heights. He was rushed to the nearest hospital, two towns over where he was indeed pronounced dead.
 
Each of the Titans gasped hard, and Starfire was the first one to burst into tears. “Our… friend… dead?” she sobbed softly.
 
Raven fell to her knees, “Ah! Ohh…!”
 
Cyborg dropped the remote and just like Robin he stood there, motionless, and silent with very hard expressions on their face. “He's… dead.” Cyborg peeped, “My favorite little Green-Guy is dead.”
 
Robin was more angry than upset; the part that said Beast-Boy had jumped out of his own will was just too much. “He jumped?! Why?”
 
There was more for the new report…
 
“The body of Beast-Boy was transferred to the morgue of the hospital, only to be discovered to be missing some hours later, with no indication or record that anyone had removed it.”
 
Now the Titans were confused. If Beast-Boy was dead, and nobody moved his body, how did it go missing…?
 
Just then, the titans personal hero-phone was ringing. It was the Doom Patrol. “Long time no see…” said Mento. “Though I wish the circumstances were better.”
 
“I guess you heard…?” Robin said.
 
Mento nodded, and admitted they were the ones who discovered Beast-boy's body. Ever since they had heard that he had quit the Titans they figured they'd invite him back on the Doom Patrol, but they found him too late.
 
“How's the patrol taking it?” Robin asked.
 
“Not good…” Mento sighed. “Rita's been crying for days, and Cliff and Larry have been at the punching bags just as long.”
 
Robin gazed at the other Titans, who all nodded with the idea that had just occurred, and Robin invited the patrol to the tower. Mento accepted. “We all loved that kid… deep down… I think we should all be together.”
 
He signed off.
 
The news was still on…
 
“In other news, a new object has been spotted in space; a presumed to be small black hole the seems to be absorbing many things close to it.”
 
“Turn that off!” Cyborg sneered. Raven clicked the remote and the TV went off. “Who could talk about a black hole at a time like this?” she wondered.
 
Starfire sniffled, “It matters not… I fear I shall never be able to smile again.”
 
Robin comforted her, but he didn't know what to tell her.
 
 
Terra also heard about Beast-Boy… except the part where his body had gone missing. When she heard he was dead, and that he had jumped off a gorge… Let's just say see deserved the award for “Most devastated person.
 
She spent her entire Saturday down in the caverns by her pedestal, knowing it was where Beast-Boy often came to check on her while she was solid-rock. Now she was more ashamed and upset than ever before…
 
He died because of what she had done. So in a sense it was really she who killed him. She only wanted Beast-Boy move on with his life… not actually MOVE ON. She closed her eyes letting her tears fall, “My fault…!” she sobbed ever so softly. “It's my fault.”
 
She still hadn't even had the time to figure out if she was truly in love with him. Now there was no point. She cost him his life. He was gone… wasn't he? Even if he was alive, she caused him to become to despondent and lose his enthusiasm of life.
 
Either way, she began to sing a song in the exact same tune when Beast-Boy sang that he had no friends…
 
(Music cue)
 
(Terra)
 
What did I do to make you leave me.
I never intended for you to be left all alone.
Now that you are gone…
Its so hard to carry on.
Is there something I can do to make it up.
 
It's such a crime to cause just badness al the time
It shouldn't come as a surprise, why didn't I see it in your eyes.
Is there something I can do to make it up.
 
Ohh…
 
Is there something I can do to make it up.
 
Her song ended, and she just sat there crying into her hands.
 
 
Meanwhile, in the dark-castle, wherever it was…
 
Count Logan had called an audience with his minions. He was giving them instructions on where to attack next, not just the Earth. “I want these worthless worlds destroyed in the soonest possible time.” He demanded, “If not, then sooner! Is that understood?”
 
All four of his minions bowed, Medeva was cackling with glee.
 
“I can hardly wait for the day…
When all those worlds shall go away.”
 
Beljar was giddy enough to explode himself. “And furthermore, once the other worlds are destroyed… you will build a newer perfect world, C-C-Count…!”
 
Logan tipped his hat downward and sniggered, “Hmm, mm, mm… yes! I promised did I not?” he hissed. “The new Count Logan world will be the dawn of a new era, one where I shall reign supreme over all.”
 
“Now… GET GOING, all of you!” he thundered, “OR do you wish for me to cast you into the void and do the job myself?”
 
The four minions all vanished and headed on out to specific destinations, leaving Logan by himself. “A new world? Indeed!” he hissed. “All worlds are meaningless.” Then he vanished as well…
 
But it was obvious he was planning something bigger than what he had just told his minions.
 
 
That night, that kid who discovered the black-hole was gazing at it again. “Huh…?” he cried as he went over his last calculations. “I think it's grown bigger.”
 
 
Meanwhile, the Doom Patrol had long since arrived at the Tower. Elasti-Girl was sitting at the far end of the sofa with a crumpled, damp handkerchief in her hands. Her eyes looked awful red from crying and she was merely sniveling now.
 
Mento sighed, “Ohh… I hate seeing Rita like that. It breaks my heart even more.”
 
“Hey, man… can you blame her…?” Cyborg asked. “BB was like a son to you guys.”
 
“Yeah he sure was…” sighed Robot-man. “I just wish we hadn't been so hard on the little guy in the past. He drove himself crazy to find and protect us, and all we gave him was grief.”
 
Nobody knew what to do, they didn't dare hold up a funeral for Beast-Boy, because for one thing… they still were questioning if he really was dead. The Doom Patrol did find him dead, but it didn't make sense to how his body just vanished.
 
“If only there were some way of finding him.” Robin said.
 
“We've been trying…” said Mento, “But I can't lock onto his Doom Patrol outfit at all.”
 
“And I haven't been able to make psychic contact still.” added Raven.
 
Negative-man did hope hey would find Beast-Boy's body, “But even so.,.. what re the chances of him actually being alive?”
 
“Larry, please don't say that again…” cried Rita.
 
“Oh… Rita… I am sorry.” Larry apologized. “It is the truth though.”
 
“He's right…” Cyborg said. “What other chances do we got?”
 
Just then, Starfire dashed into the lounge. “Starfire… what's the matter?” asked Robin.
 
Starfire explained she had received a distress call from Tameran from her God Father. “My Kenorfka, Galfore has sent for us, he says it is most urgent.”
 
She then click on the monitor, and showed them the astro-map, and Tameran's position, via a flashing dot. “Hey… bits and pieces are flying off of it.” said Cyborg.
 
Even the Doom Patrol found that shocking. “We should go check it out.” Robin said.
 
Mento stood up, “We'll accompany you.” He offered, “After all, Beast-Boy would've wanted it.”
 
Robin shook Mento's hand. “Thanks… we appreciate it.” he said. “Titans, move!”
 
“Doom Patrol, move out!”
 
Mento decided to go with the Titans in the T-ship, since Beast-Boy wasn't there to pilot the extra pod, and Doom patrol followed in their own ship. “Tameran… here we come!” cried Robin, and both ships launched into space.
 
 
All were unaware that they were being watched by Count Logan. “So… now the Doom Patrol is involved as well.” he hissed. “They too seek out to aid the Titans into stopping me. So they too must be destroyed!”
 
“Dr. Beljar! Report at once!”
 
A holographic image of Beljar appeared. “You c-c-called, Master?”
 
“Yes. I want you to abandon your routine task, and divert to the planet Tameran. There's something special there I want you to do.”
 
Beljar was really excited. “Understood, Highness. The bri-bri-bri-bri-briliant Beljar is on the job!” then he was gone. Leaving Count Logan to his own devices. “Oh, I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they realize what's going to happen either way…”
 
“Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, ah, ah, ah… ah… aah! HAA… ha, ha, ah, ah, ah…!”