Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Things Change & The End? ❯ Who is Count Logan? ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER NINE
 
Robin's head felt like it had been hit hard… AGAIN! Then suddenly he felt something cold and wet placed on his head. His vision was still blurry, and the whole world was spinning. “Uhn…! Ohh…”
 
As Robin's vision came back to him, he knew he was alive, or he wouldn't feel the pain from his head. “Where… am I?” he groaned.
 
“Shh…!” said a faint voice. “Just relax young-one. You have been through a great ordeal.”
 
Robin could see all the other Titans and the Doom Patrol laying in beds like he was, but where were they. He had this strange feeling that he would know soon enough.
 
A while later, all members of the two teams woke up. All of them felling slightly weary but their injuries had almost seemed to have healed completely, “Uh… I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.” Cyborg hinted.
 
“How did we get here…?” Elasti-Girl asked. “What is this place…?”
 
The two teams realized they were in beds located in a tall tower of a glowing palace in a strange place where the air as slightly thinner, and there was no sunlight, yet the planet felt as warm as springtime, and the night skies were gorgeous with stars…
 
The black-hole, however, was nowhere to be found.
 
“Okay… getting a little freaked.” Raven hissed. That's when a loud creak at the large chamber doors was heard. Everyone backed into a corner. Robin, and Mento moved to the front ready to attack... as the doors opened…!
 
In walked a stranger wearing a robe similar to Raven's, only red. HE removed his hood, revealing that his face looked just like Robin's. He even had Robin's mask, and hairdo. A strange creature, between a young-Man, and a black Cat.
 
His arms, his legs, his upper body, and the space between his legs, were all covered in black soft fur. He also had a tail, and two pointy cat ears poking out through his black hair atop his head. The only things on him that were not black, were his hands, neck, tummy, lower chest , feet, lower backside, and the rest of his face “Good morning, everyone.” he said a deep, yet soothing voice.
 
“Oh… uh…?” Raven couldn't stop staring at this creature.
 
The creature the smiled at her, “Yes, Raven… I am very handsome. Thank you kindly for the compliment.”
 
Raven blinked, this guy knew her name and what she was thinking. “How did you--”
 
The creature pointed at his eyes, or rather his mask. “Psychic-Foresight.” He stated. Then he gazed at all the heroes. “I am Prince Copy-Cat. Welcome to the Planet Psyconia. Would all like some breakfast?”
 
The teams were hungry, but for more answers as well as food.
 
The planet itself seemed to be very primitive, but their food was just delectable. One question answered was about the Psyconian's were race of half-humanoid, half cat-creatures, and their humble planet was located in a distant galaxy hundreds of millions of light-years from Earth. it did not orbit a star, so the planet was always cased in beautiful night, and the warmth of the planet all came from it's soft mantle that was heated from the core…
 
The Psyconian's themselves, were each gifted with one special skill or power at birth. Either the ability to fly, shape-shift into an exact duplicate of someone else, Psychic-Foresight, or X-Men claws.
 
Copy-Cat however was mysteriously born with all the gifts, though it was unknown why…
 
“You were all attacked…” Copy-Cat explained. “I had been observing you all battling the giants, and I brought you here for safety, and treatment. You shall all be safe here from Count Logan.”
 
The team exchanged confused expressions. “Who is this Logan, and what does is it he counts?” asked Starfire. Copy-Cat could sense she was confused, but Negative-man cut in, “You mean, that stranger we saw…?” he asked. “Who is this Count Logan, anyway?”
 
Copy-Cat's features stiffened, “A very powerful creature-- who's goal above all is to destroy all worlds and dimensions and wipe out all existence permanently. My people and I have been following his activity for some time.”
 
“Wow…!” cried Robot-man, “And I thought The Brain was the evilest of them all.”
 
Raven suddenly remembered, “Hey, I remember just before we blacked-out…” she said, “That guy had my Dark Prognosticus.”
 
Copy-Cat's head snapped to look at her, “Did you say… Dark Prognosticus…?” he asked. Raven nodded. “Oh, dear… I feared as much. For many thousands of years my people had feared this would happen, and now to have it come to pass…”
 
“Yo' what do you know about it?” Cyborg asked.
 
Copy-Cat explained that his people had heard rumors of the Dark Prognosticus from Azarath, but that was all they thought it to be, just a rumor. It was a very powerful and evil spell-book, more powerful than anything anyone could imagine… even the mighty Trigon had never been able to control it, and he was the one who wrote the book…
 
It became too much for him to control, so he had cursed the book with a special seal; Only someone who had an empty heart; Someone who had never found happiness would be able to read the book and gain access to all it's secrets and spells.
 
“And your saying this Count Logan is able to use it?” asked Mento.
 
Copy-Cat nodded, “His dark powers are incredibly vile, and his minions and the giants are just as wicked.” He said with concern, “Anyone that stood up to him ended up dead!”
 
Starfire wanted to know, “Please tell me… this Count is responsible for the destruction of my home-world?”
 
Copy-Cat nodded. It was true… “What Count Logan plans must be nothing less than to fulfill the last and more dangerous prophecy of the Dark Prognosticus.”
 
He explained about the black-hole which was known as The Dark-Void. It was a powerful vortex unleashed by Count-Logan once he had obtained enough energy from emotions of fear, anguish, and darkness. This enabled him to open the void which was now out there absorbing every world, every dimension, even other outer-worlds into it's vortex and turn them into empty ruins with absolutely nothing…
 
“With every world it destroys, the Dark-Void grows larger, and it's vortex becomes ever more powerful.” replied Copy-Cat. “Already it has consumed countless worlds, and eventually will destroy the entire universe and beyond.”
 
“AH…?!” Everyone gasped hard as if they had just seen the reaper. “That's just sick!” cried Cyborg. “You mean, we're all gonna be drawn into that hole?”
 
“Eventually we will…” Copy-Cat was regretful to say, “But fear not there is still time, and while there is time… there is a chance. We must not give up.”
 
Mento agreed, “Remember the Doom Patrol's old saying? No matter what's on the line, we don't give up.”
 
The Patrol agreed, and even though the Titans never used to like that rule when it came to human-life, they agreed too. “But what can we do…?” Raven asked. “Even I can't figure out the Dark Prognosticus. I was only told to guard it, but I can't read it.”
 
Everyone else pointed out that they could barely even beat the giants, or the minions. “So how can we possibly beat the Count?” asked Robin.
 
Starfire suddenly remembered, “And what of that girl…?”
 
Everyone realized and remembered that Count Logan had kidnapped the girl who helped them out, and they still didn't know if she was really Terra or not. “Yes… she is your friend?” Copy-Cat answered. “And if Count Logan is holding her, who knows what is going on…?”
 
 
Meanwhile, in the dark castle, it's location was yet to be revealed
 
Terra was beginning to awaken from the effects of the sleeping-gas. “Where… am I?” she peeped. “My head feels like it was hit by a truck.”
 
Suddenly, she realized she was sitting in a dark-dungeon. Her cell was loaded with cobwebs, a hay-pile, and chains, and even a few bones. “How did I get here, and why am I here?” she asked aloud.
 
“I brought you here…” hissed a voiced from in the shadows. A chill ran down Terra's spine as she saw the same stranger she had been dreading emerge. “I am Count Logan. This is my castle… and you are my prisoner.”
 
Terra gulped softly, “And the giants… and those horrible people…?” she asked. The Count nodded, “They are mine. I ordered them to wreck havoc upon the Earth, and spread my chaos thought the universe. I brought you here so that my minions would stop disobeying my orders and attack you.”
 
Terra was feeling both scared and angry at the same time. “So you… you're the one who's been destroying all the planets and worlds.”
 
The Count nodded, “Very perceptive. All worlds are meaningless, and don't deserve to exist. The sooner the prophecy is fulfilled, and the worlds are all destroyed… the better!”
 
Terra was getting that strange feeling inside her at the sound of the Count's voice. “Who are you? Why are you doing this? Why are keeping me here?”
 
There was a moment of silence only to e broken by the soft sniggering of Count Logan, “Hmm, mm, eh, eh, eh…!”
 
Terra lost her nerve and tried to erupt the ground with her powers, but the Count neutralized the attempt with a wave of his cane. “Fool! Your Earth-manipulation is useless here. My powers are far too superior to be overwhelmed by anything! HAH…” he fired a blast from his cane knocking Terra into the hay-pile. “Whoa! UGH…! Mmm-mm-mm… uhn…!”
 
The Count withdrew his cane, and tipped-down his top-hat over his mask. “I have been waiting a long time to exact my revenge, and finally my time has come.” He hissed. “Tell me, my dear… do the words “Things Change” not sound familiar to you…?”
 
“Things Change…?” cried Terra. Then suddenly she began to realize. “No! I-I-It can't be…”
 
“Heh, heh, heh…!” Count Logan slowly raised his hand to his mask and pulled it off. “Behold… my face!”
 
Terra was frozen on the spot for a whole ten seconds as she gazed at his face. “It's you!” she cried. “No! It's not possible!”
 
The Count replaced his mask, “Ha, ha, ha-- Oh, yes it can, and it is possible. You should also remember these words…”
 
“The person you wish me to be is now just a memory.”
 
“He no-longer exists. I am all that there is now.”
 
Terra was so upset and nervous that she could barely speak. She fell to her knees as tears of shame spread down her face. “No…! Why…? Why would you--”
 
The Count gritted his teeth behind his mask. “You wouldn't understand…!”
 
(Music cue)
 
(Count Logan)
 
(Sounds like Tony Jay)
 
The world is cruel.
The world is wicked
There is no one whom I can trust for all eternity.
I have not any friends.
 
-I who lost so much that it had killed me.
I who live in darkness every day.
How can I find peace and hope,
It never ever goes that way
Or suppose that way.
 
-I'm filled with Grief.
And with regret.
And these are crimes for which no one shows any pity.
Nobody comprehends…
 
-Out there they just treat me mean and wrong
Out there they just steal from me and I pay.
Why should care much for them, when I must always
Stay this way…
 
Be faithful to it.
Grateful to it.
All I can say… is obey.
The darkness… every day.
 
 
Count Logan turned on his heal and headed for the dungeon doors. Now Terra knew why he was keeping her alive. “You wanted change Terra? Well… you now have a front row seat to the change that will end all changes.”
 
Terra gazed out the dungeon window at the infernal darkness that was swarming outside. “Enjoy the lasts of the worlds, for once they are gone… you are next. Heh, heh, heh, heh-- Eh, heh, heh, heh, ah, ah, ah, ah…!”
 
The door slammed shut, and he was gone. “UGH…! OHH!” Terra threw herself face down on the hay-loaf and let out her emotion in endless tears and soft sobs. Not because of the destruction of the worlds, and not because she knew who Count Logan really was, and not even because he was going to kill her, eventually…
 
…but because of what SHE HAD DONE which lead to all this happening.