Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Things Change & The End? ❯ Secrets and thoughts ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TEN
 
Far off on Psyconia, none of the Titans, nor the Doom Patrol had any idea of how to beat Count Logan, or even find him, and because Psyconia was so primitive, there was no super technology… at least until Copy-Cat showed them all what else he had brought with him from Earth-- The Tower itself. “Well, all right!” Cyborg cheered.
 
“But… how did you do it?” Robin wanted to know.
 
Copy-Cat explained that while his planet was primitive in technology, their spacecrafts were super-powerful. Propelled by dark-matter, the ships could travel faster than the speed of light, and make traveling in-between galaxies cut down to mere weeks…
 
The ships were also extremely powerful and able to lift heavy objects and structures, such as the tower. “I believed that it would serve you well in your hours of need.”
 
Raven thought that was incredible. “So… um… what else can you do?” she asked feeling a little nervous, and blushing. Copy-Cat simply smiled at her.
 
With the tower now in their possession, and Cyborg's emergency solar-generators, which gathered enough sunlight on Earth to last at least a few years. This would make things just a little easier…
 
Cyborg even remembered, “That's right… I was workin' on somethin' in the garage.” Then he dashed off, “Where are you going?” Starfire asked, but Cyborg was already gone.
 
The Titans invited Copy-Cat in for a cup of cocoa. He was just dazzled by everything he saw. “My, but you have remarkable concepts and equipment.” He exclaimed, “I have only heard of such things but never in my existence did I ever believe that I would see it.”
 
Raven even invited him to check out her bedroom, which really startled everyone. Raven never let anyone in there. “I think… she's hooked on him.” said Robot-man.
 
Even Starfire wasn't confused this time, “Ooh… she is romantically attracted to the Prince-- How exquisite.”
 
Robin smiled.
 
As Copy-Cat was exploring the lounge, he noticed a photo under the sofa. Of the entire team in the park. There was one character whom Copy-Cat saw in the picture, but did not see yet around the tower. “Who is this?”
 
The Titans and the Doom Patrol began to feel down. “That's, Beast-Boy…” Raven said. “He was one of us…” her head sagged down sadly, “Before he--”
 
Using his foresight to read everyone's mind. “Oh…! Oh, my!” he spoke in less than a tone. Elasti-Girl bit her finger sadly and ran off crying softly. “Oh, Rita…” cried Mento as he ran after his wife.
 
Copy-Cat was confused. “Have I done something to offend Elasti-Girl…?” he asked.
 
Negative-man eased his fears, “It wasn't your fault. Garfield was very special to us.” he said. Copy-Cat would have asked but by reading his mind he was able to tell that Beast-Boy's true name was Garfield Mark Logan.
 
“The poor kid…” Robot-man sighed. “I wish there was something we could've done for him.”
 
Copy-Cat was able to sense a whole load of things, and even see into some of their memories of how hard Beast-Boy had it, and how he would always end up with sadness and grief instead of joy and love.
 
This was indeed a shame, for Copy-Cat disliked it greatly when creatures… he could even see into the two teams flashbacks of Beast-Boy singing a song all by himself.
 
(Beast-Boy)
 
-There are many who'd deny, at what I do like all the rest
For my talents may be known
far and wide
When it comes to
cracking jokes, and with all my might
I excel
because I always kept trying
With the slightest little effort of my
hero status
I have
made grown men give out a shriek
With the wave of my hand,
and an animal forum
I have swept the very
evilest off their feet

Yet
, year after year, it's the same routine
And I grow so weary
of loses and strains
And I,
Garfield, the Beast-Boy King
Have grown so tired of the same
painful thing

Oh, somewhere deep inside of
my bones
An emptiness
continues to grow
There's s
omething out there, carved into stone
A
feeling that I've never known

I can take a little fright, and do without the light
Yet is knocks me right out of my pants
Even then in Tokyo, I was Mr. Unlucky-O
and the same applied to England and France

Every night I'd go to bed, with the hope inside my head
That one day things may start to improve
And No animal nor man can scream like I can
For I'd hide it all with every move.


But who here would ever understand
That the Beast of Boys can no longer grin.
And he's tired of his life, if they only understood
He'd kill himself now,
if he only could

Oh, there's an empty place
in my heart
That's tearing me all up and apart
The
fights and wins come year after year
Does nothing for these
painful tears
 
 
Copy-Cat was staring off into space. Beast-Boy's last name was Logan, and he had emptiness in his heart, and never found happiness. “I wonder…”
 
 
Meanwhile, in the castle of Count Logan…
 
Beljar was by himself in the dark chamber. “It's time that I took matters into my own hands.” he hissed to no one. “I will show that windbag, Count Logan who truly brilliant I really am.”
 
“He still hasn't figured it out, that I am well aware of his true intentions, and that will be his undoing. Heh, heh, heh…”
 
His words however were heard by someone. His words vibrated along the walls of the castle and reached the dungeon where poor Terra was still locked up. Her eyes were red, and her body was a little dehydrated from her cries… but she just overheard everything.
 
“Beljar's planning to betray him…?” she thought to herself. She had no idea what Beljar was up to, but she had a sick feeling whatever it was it wasn't going to be pretty. She only wished there was something she could do to warn somebody of what Beljar was planning, but what could she do?
 
Her powers were useless, and the Count and his minions were still out there wreaking more havoc…
 
 
The Count, Sir. Vile, Medeva, and Jacquelyn Hyde had destroyed hundreds of planets on their own, and the Dark-Void was growing even larger with each one. “Hmm, mm, mm… Nice!” the Count hissed, “Very nice.”
 
Sir. Vile blasted a star to dust with his thunder-waves, “GAH, HA, AH, AH…! So much'th for the systems of the star. AH, HA, HA, HA…!”
 
Medeva stretched out her arms. “Ahh… That was fun…”
 
“Soon the worlds will go, all and one.”
 
Jacquelyn in here nice-forum shrieked and jumped for joy. “EEE…! I can't wait. Then we'll have a brand new world, and all the pride and perks there is.”
 
Count Logan remained still, as he tipped his hat downward over his mask. “A new world…” his pepped softly under his mask.
 
That's when the three minions noticed he was acting strangely. “Your Majesty…?” asked Sir. Vile, “Are you not feeling well?”
 
The Count still did not speak, or move…
 
Medeva was confused, “This is new… What is the matter with you?”
 
Still, the Count remained where he was…
 
Jacquelyn approached him. “Sire…? You seem different today. What is it? New hat? New mask? New cape?”
 
Count Logan finally spoke up, “Do not worry about me!” he sneered. “We've done quite enough here my minions, I want you all to report back to the castle. I will join you presently.”
 
“But master…?” cried Sir. Vile.
 
“DO AS YOU'RE TOLD…!” snapped Logan. “Go back to the castle!”
 
The minions hesitated for a moment, but then they all vanished as they were told. Leaving the Count just standing there in the middle of space. The Count looked as if regretting something gravely…
 
“My loyal minions…” he thought deeply to himself. “They have all been so loyal and faithful to me. It only makes things harder for me to do what I plan… but it must, and will be done. The prophecy will be fulfilled, and the end of everything will begin.”
 
Then he vanished and went back to his castle.
 
 
Back on Psyconia, Cyborg was ready to veil his plot. “Ta-da…!”
 
It was only a small ordinary craft, small enough to carry in your hand. “Uh… okay?” Raven simply said. “What is it?”
 
Cyborg winced, “Duh…! It's a camera-ship.” He explained that he had designed it so that it could withstand any deadly forces. Event he coldness a space wouldn't hurt it. “If this works… we can see just what's inside that Dark-Void and figure a way to stop it.”
 
Everyone agreed to the idea, and liked it. “Be careful Cyborg…” Copy-Cat warned him, “No one knows who or what will be lurking in that infernal darkness.”
 
Cyborg didn't care. In their situation they had nothing to lose. So he mounted the ship on a small launcher-pad, and grabbed the remote-control. “Okay… here she goes!” and he tapped the red button sending the ship on its way into space.
 
“Camera's on-- Holdin' her steady-- Full control in affect.”
 
The ship was powered by nuclear energy so it could go super fast, not as fast as Copy-Cat's spaceship could but fast enough to get a look at the Dark-Void, and hopefully see what was inside.
 
“All we can do now… is wait.” Robin spoke softly, but he said it to himself.