Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Things Change & The End? ❯ Into the Dark Void ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ELEVEN
 
While the heroes waited for Cyborg's ship to reach the Dark-Void, everyone began to enjoy themselves on Copy-Cat's planet. Warm, and beautiful with it's forever night sky. “The stars… they are so beautiful here.” Starfire sighed heavenly.
 
“Well Starfire… they were much more beautiful before Count Logan appeared.” Copy-Cat said. “So many stars and systems have been ruined at the hands that beast, and who knows how many more will suffer…?”
 
Robot-man placed an arm over the Psyconian Prince's shoulder, “Don't worry, kid. We'll beat that guy-- somehow.”
 
Copy-Cat hoped so too, but from the looks of the Dark-Void, which had now grown large enough to be seen far, far off, their time was running short. Still, now was not the time to be living in fear… so Copy-Cat brought those not working hard to the villages on his planet.
 
All the Psyconians were the same shape, and all wore Robin's mask, but their fur colors were different, and girls had longer hair. As the planet was primitive, the grown-ups all did chores and tasks like Amish people, while the children played with simple hand-made toys and items.
 
Rita and Starfire got along with the children just wonderfully. Raven enjoyed it too but was pretending that she wasn't “Terrific! More babysitting.” Deep down, though, she did think the baby kittens were cute.
 
But Copy-Cat could sense it, and sense deep down that Raven did indeed harbor a crush on him. To be honest, he felt the same about her too.
 
Even though Copy-Cat was the Prince, he preferred to enjoy himself as well, and never let his royal title make a spoil of things. So he joined the girls while playing with the children…
 
(Music cue)
 
(Copy-Cat)
 
When you have made a new friend
You have so much fun together
You may not be aware, you a
re such a cute pair
You can be best of friends

Life is
a happy game
You could
play around forever
Neither one of you sees, your natural boundar
ies
Life is
one happy game

If only the world
would not get in the way
If only people would just let you play
They say you are being fools
And breaking all the rules
They
do not understand, the magic of your wonderland


When
you make brand new friends
Sharing all that you discover
When that moment has past, will that frien
dship last?
Who can say? There is
a way!
Oh I hope... I hope it never ends
For you can be best of friends
 
 
Starfire giggled, “I could just stay here forever…”even though she knew she couldn't. At least now she was more determined to stop Count Logan than ever before. She couldn't let these children suffer the fate of her people when Tameran was destroyed.
 
Just then, Robin called on the communicators. “Cyborg's camera-ship is reaching the Dark-Void. This could be the break we've been waiting for.”
 
“Let's go…” said Elasti-Girl, and everyone ran off to the tower.
 
 
The Doom Patrol, the Titans, and Copy-Cat had gathered in the lounge to watch on the big screen. “There it is…” Cyborg cried. The Dark void seemed to have grown even larger and more violent than ever. It gave even Raven the creeps.
 
“Look there…!” cried Mento. Cyborg steered the camera-ship to stare to the right, and saw a fleet of spaceships heading for the void. “It must be an attack-squadron.” Negative-man suggested, “Maybe they know something…”
 
“Well whatever it is, we're gonna find out.” Cyborg said. “I'm takin' her in.”
 
Cyborg's ship stayed out of sight of the fleet, and followed them into the void, revealing that there was a whole lot more to it than what was first believed. It was a whole other dimension inside…
 
The skies and everywhere around were all swirling with darkness, and lightning. Horrid moaning sounds, and terrible ghastly spirits flying around. The camera even shoed images of worlds that had just recently been swallowed.
 
All the life-forms, and structures were being vaporized, and then spit back out into space like a world ruled by Trigon. Nothing but emptiness and ruin, and no life whatsoever.
 
Elasti-girl squeezed her husband's hand. Mento comforted her. Starfire and Robin felt the same and were holding each other close. The fact that their planet Earth was shortly to be devoured by that thing, and the entire Universe to follow.
 
“What a minute…!” cried Robot-man. “Look there! What's that in the distance?”
 
Cyborg steered his ship in closer, and everyone was most amazed. “It's a castle.” Cyborg said. Copy-Cat's face curled into a sneer. “So that is it…” he hissed, “That must be where Count Logan is operating from.”
 
“And if my eyes don't deceive me… there's someone staring through one of the windows.” said Mento
 
Cyborg flew his ship closer to the castle, “Yo' it's Terra!” he cried. “BOO-YAH…! We found her!”
 
The others were relieved, “But… she's locked up in there.” Raven said, “And I'm guessing she can't use her powers or she would've gotten out long ago.”
 
Suddenly, there was trouble as burning-beams of light began to flash from the castle's towers. “Look out!” cried Robin.
 
Cyborg did his best to steer his ship away from those lasers, but in the end it was shot along with the fleet of ships that tried to attack the castle. “My baby!” cried Cyborg, “Aw, man… and I just got her the way I liked her.”
 
Robot-man patted Cyborg on the back, “She'll be missed.” that was all he could say.
 
Even though the ship was gone, they know knew all they needed to know. “There is only one way to end all this.” Copy-Cat said, “We must confront and defeat Count Logan once and for all.”
 
Everyone agreed, but yet, even though they knew where the Count was hiding, there was no way they could just go in there and challenge him. “He's more fierce than anything we've ever faced.” said Elasti-girl.
 
“Yeah, and even we managed to get into the castle, the chances are that our powers wouldn't function properly.” added Raven. “We'd just be walking right into the lion's den with no protection.”
 
“She's right…” Mento stated, “Even the Doom Patrol wouldn't do anything that stupid.”
 
Robin socked his hand with his fist. “Well there's no other way…” he said, “We're just going to have find some alternate way of defending ourselves. If our powers and skills don't help us.”
 
“Well, how are we supposed to do that…?” asked Negative-man. Robin's eyes widened, “I… don't know.” he felt embarrassed to say that. The two teams groaned in disgust and bitter frustration.
 
A long silence followed, until Copy-Cat had an idea, “Wait… the Light Prognosticus! Everyone turned to gaze at him, but suddenly Raven remembered, “Of course… the one weapon that could fight against the Dark Prognosticus.”
 
She explained how her mother, Arella, always feared that Trigon's Dark Prognosticus would one day arise and fall into someone's hand, unleashing the evil within. So she secretly, with the monks of Azarath constructed a seconds spell-book, the Light Prognosticus
 
“So you're saying, if we get this book, we can beat Count Logan?” Cyborg asked.
 
“I don't know…” Raven said. “I never saw this book, not once in my life. All I know is it exists… somewhere, but my mother never told me where.”
 
“I believe I know where it is…” Copy-Cat said. Everyone quickly, and all at once asked him in several ways. “Where is it?”
 
“How do we get it?”
 
“Who, what, where, why, when, how?”
 
Copy-Cat hesitated a moment, and then started to walk off, “Follow me…!” and he began to lead the Titans and the Doom Patrol along the long roads, away from the villages and out into the open countries of the planet. “Hey, man! Where're ya takin' us?” Cyborg asked.
 
“You shall know soon enough” Copy-Cat answered and the teams continued on their way.
 
 
Count Logan, and his minions were wreaking havoc on Earth. Now that Terra was safely locked up in the castle, and the Dark-Void still swallowing up more worlds, they decided to have a little more fun.
 
The Count was especially looking forward to getting back at two specific people. Jackie, and Jillian. He still hadn't forgotten about how rude and unkind they were towards him.
 
 
Squashing his hand between their shoulders…
 
“She's not interested!”
 
“Yeah! Get lost, Brat-Boy!”
 
 
Now the tables were turned, as the first thing he did when he found them, having a double-date with their new boyfriends. The first thing he did was show them his face by removing his mask. “You pitiful, pathetic creatures. You're far less than the insects that crush beneath my heels as I walk.”
 
The girls were shocked by the way he was treating them, and their boyfriends foolishly tired to attack him. Very foolish indeed! A wave of his cane, and a snap of his fingers… the boys were very badly hurt, and out-cold. The girl gasped, and the Count laughed. “Hmm, mm, mm… like I said, pitiful, pathetic creatures. The weakest of the lot. Ha, ha, ah, ah, ah…!”
 
The girls never felt so pissed in their lives. “Okay, Brat-Boy…!” Jillian hissed. “It's bad enough you turn Terra against us, and now this?”
 
Jackie put up her dukes, “Now, we're pissed… so put'em up, Cowboy!”
 
Count Logan shook his head, and glared at the girls. His eyes glowed shrouding the girls in light revenging them from even moving. “Fools! Threaten me again, and you'll suffer a fate far worse than your boyfriends. Hah!”
 
And he left them still paralyzed until the effect would wear off… eventually! “That was invigorating. Come, my minions… we have other lives and worlds to ruin.”