Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Things Change & The End? ❯ Chat with the dead ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWELVE
 
The heroes walked, and walked… and for a little change of pace, they walked some more. Endless questions filled everyone's mind as they traveled…
 
Where were they going…?
 
What did Copy-Cat know about this Light Prognosticus?
 
Would it really help them stand a chance against Count Logan?
 
But most importantly-- how much further did they have to go, and how much longer was it going to take?
 
The only question answered was Copy-Cat's, Who was this girl, Terra? Once again, using his foresight and reading the Titans minds told him everything… a girl with the power to controls rocks and ice. Her involvement with the sinister Slade… but more importantly a very shaky relationship with Beast-Boy and one of the main reasons why Beast-Boy left, and died.
 
This made Copy-Cat wonder some more about Count Logan. Still, he and his friends had a mission to do…
 
 
Finally, by what would be dark on Earth… Copy-Cat had brought the teams to a high cliff top over-looking a wide area of the planet enough to make you say, “Wow!”
 
“This is incredible…” said Elasti-Girl.
 
“What is this place…?” Robin asked.
 
“This is the private plateau which over-looks the burial sightings of our people after their time has passed.” Copy-Cat answered. He lead everyone up to the edge of the cliff and pointed out to a large monolith-pillar far, far away in the distant. “That there which you see… is the where the tomb of the royal-family rests. All our greatest royal leaders reside there in eternal slumber as well as my mother and father, who…” he sighed, “Who had fought valiantly in a battle against Count Logan, and met their end. Someday… I too will be joining them in eternal slumber when my time has past.”
 
Starfire felt awful, “You poor dear…” she cried offering her sympathy.
 
“Man, that is deep…!” added Cyborg.
 
Mento, however, was confused, “What does this have to do with finding the Light-Prognosticus?” he asked.
 
“Steve…!” his wife nagged.
 
Copy-Cat explained that the burial-rituals of members of the royal-family tomb had a special tradition; Each family member was buried with their one most true, and desperately guarded treasure. His mother and father were buried there, and he remembered how they had come upon the Light-Pronosticus during one of their galactic-travels, they never understood it, but felt it was important, and had it buried with their bodies when they had died.
 
“So you're saying, it's way out there?” Raven asked.
 
“Yes… I am certain it is. However, reaching it will be no simple task. Even for me.” He explained how since the Royal-Family tomb was filled with treasures beyond imagination, grave-robbers from the outside-world and beyond would stoop so low to obtain it for their greedy intentions.
 
“The tomb is heavily guarded against intruders not of the Psyconian race. Those who have dared the journey into the dark-jungle that surrounds it, have perished. The very ground is littered with the bones of those who tried and failed.”
 
“So, how can we get there…?” asked Negative-man.
 
Copy-Cat knew of only one way, “But I shall require everyone's help, especially yours Raven.”
 
“Me…?” Raven asked. “What for…?”
 
Copy-Cat didn't answer, but he began to prepare things with what lay before them on the cliffs. “You shall see… and I pray that it works.”
 
 
In the castle of Count Logan… Dr. Beljar was preparing a special potion for his master. “Excellent…!” he hissed. “With this potion, soon I shall be able to turn the tables on everyone, and shape things my own way. Hee, ah, ah…!”
 
He prepared drinks for everyone, as he usually did, but poured his potion into the Count's goblet. Jut then the door to the lab opened and Beljar had to put up his act. His master and the minions dropped in. “Making yourself as useless as usual, Doctor?” The Count asked.
 
“Oh, er… no, your majesty, I'm perfectly fine. In fact I have lo-c-c-c-cated the heroes. They are on the pl-pl-planet Psyconia.”
 
“Psyconia…?”said Jacquelyn, “Ooh… the planet where all those cute and cuddly half-cat people live?” then she changed to her nasty-self. “I enjoyed beating the stuff out of their king and queen!”
 
Medeva hissed, “Well what do ya know…?”
 
“Maybe you're not so slow.” she intended to call Beljar stupid.
 
Sir. Vile offered to go himself, but Count Logan ordered against it. “But, Sire…” he asked. “What reason would ye not permit'th so?”
 
The Count turned to face him, “We will not deal with my wayward enemies at the moment. I will deal with them when the time comes. Heh, heh, heh…!”
 
Everyone then proposed a toast to the fall of the worlds, and their glorious future now in hand, and they drank up. Beljar was especially glad to see the Count drink all his wine to the last drop. “Your days are numbered, Count.” he thought to himself.
 
 
Meanwhile, Copy-Cat had started a bon-fire with special herbs, and powders burning in the flames. He asked everyone to sit in a circle, join hands, and be ready to meditate. He even used his copying ability to copy Raven, but his Robin's mask stayed so people would be able to tell who was who.
 
He sat down by the real Raven and explained, “Long have I waited for the day when a creature with powers similar to mine would come here, and help me achieve the impossible.”
 
He explained how as a Psyconian, he could use his Psychic-Foresight to locate people across great distances with this meditation ceremony. Now that Raven was here, he could combine her powers, with his foresight to hopefully make contact with the spirit-world. The one place, unreachable by Count Logan. “I intend to contact the spirits of my mother and father, and gain their permission to bring you all to their tomb.”
 
Robin thought that sounded just fascinated, being able to contact the dead, “But if you can locate other beings, why don't you just try and find Count Logan before?”
 
Raven/Copy-Cat answered, “I had tried that for some time now… but his powers are so great, he has discovered a way to shield himself from it.”
 
He then asked everyone hold hands, close their eyes, and clear their minds. “Do not think of anything... allow your mind to became one with the forces of the Universe.”
 
The other heroes never felt this strange before. As the relaxed they couldn't feel parts of their body anymore. Their backs even felt so light, it was as if the had no backside at all.
 
Once Copy-Cat felt deep down that everyone was deep in though, he gripped Raven's hand tightly signaling her to say the word together with him. “Azarath… Metrione… ZINTHOS…!”
 
The combining of their powers, mixed with Copy-Cat's inner-foresight, the concentration of everyone else, the fire in the middle of the circle turned blue and FLARED UP HIGH! Many sparkling specks began to fly around in many circles, and spirals…
 
Then finally… everyone opened their eyes, and there above the flames of the fire were sparking, hollow-images of two Psyconians. One was large slightly obsessed male with black fur like Copy-Cat, and the other had white fur, long black hair. The two of them had Robin masks, and royal crowns on their heads.
 
“Mother…! Father…!” Copy-Cat pepped softly.
 
The King smiled, “Son, it is so wonderful to hear your voice again.”
 
The Queen nodded, “Oh, Copy-Cat… what I would give to there with you once more.”
 
Copy-Cat almost felt like crying, but now he had important matters to discuss. He explained about the situation, and his parents agreed, Count Logan needed to be stopped. “So… will you help us?” Copy-Cat asked.
 
His parents remained silent for a moment, but they agreed. “You may come to our tomb, and take the Light Prognosticus… however…” the King Paused, “You and your friends must prove your worth be reaching it without the aid of your powers and skills.”
 
The others didn't like the sound of that, but if it was the only way to confront Count Logan, they had no choice. “Be warned, for we have a message as well.” The Queen said, “Should you confront Count Logan… you will not like what you will learn of him, or what will have to be done.”
 
That was all they could say, for the power was now fading and the two images were starting to vanish. “Mother… Father… I will always love you both.”
 
The King and Queen smiled at their son before they faded to nothing, “And we love you, Copy-Cat.” Their voices echoed and faded off into the darkness.
 
Everyone opened their eyes. “Does this mean…?” Starfire asked.
 
Robin nodded, “Yep. It looks like it.”
 
Mento agreed too. If they wanted to beat Count-Logan, they would al have to head for the royal family tomb, and brave all the dangers that awaited them, without the use or aid of their powers.
 
They planned to set out first things tomorrow.