Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Things Change & The End? ❯ The heroes world. ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
 
The next morning, All the Titans, and the Doom Patrol were up bright and early. It would be sunrise on Earth, but the sky on Psyconia was still the same, a night-sky. All the heroes and Copy-Cat stood by the edge of the cliff. They were about to embark on a journey with no powers or weapons…
 
Well they did have their powers and weapons on them, but once they crossed the plateau if they so much as slipped once, they would be disqualified form their quest, and they would not get a second chance.
 
This was a quest that was to be crossed using their wits, and their own strengths and skills. Who knew what they would run into, or if they would even be able to make it through alive. Regardless, “It's time.” Robin said.
 
“Let's go…” added Mento.
 
And everyone began to step beyond the plateau, down the stairs and set off for the jungle. All of them walked by foot, and no one of them flew. Starfire and Raven realized for the first time how much they needed to work on their footwork. “No more hovering for me…!” Raven groaned.
 
Starfire didn't mind walking, but she wished the ground was a little softer. The jungle was no better either. The trees and brambles were so thick; one would go crazy trying to navigate through them.
 
Negative-man had it hard too. The brambles were starting pierce his bandages, but his face was still hidden well. “This would be much easier if I could just use my shadow-power.” he said.
 
“Pace yourself man… we gotta keep goin'. Who knows how much more time the universe has?”
 
“Cyborg's right…” Robin said, “We've got to keep going.”
 
 
“We're with you all the way.” said Mento.
 
 
Meanwhile, the Dark-Void had grown so incredibly large; its vortex was pulling absolutely everything towards it now. It was only a matter of time before nothing would be left, and Count Logan's prophecy would be fulfilled.
 
“What, a beautiful sight it is…” the Count hissed. “For the first time, things are starting to go my way.”
 
“I do not understand, Your Majesty.” said Sir. Vile, “What is'th that motivates ye to all your fine glorious work.”
 
Count Logan began to act strange again, as if he was keeping something. “All worlds are nothing to me.” he said. “I want them destroyed… destroyed… DESTROYED…!”
 
 
Terra was still in the dungeon. The Count had her fed very well. Full course meals, no scraps or things like that. Still, she was too upset to eat. She knew Count Logan's identity, she new what he was truly up to, and why? It was mostly because of her…
 
Now she was regretting what she did, wanting to forget her past, and live a normal life when all along she really should have stayed with the Titans; where she belonged with them; people she could trust as friends for good, and must importantly… someone who was willing to share everything with her…
 
Look at life stuff
It isn't neat…
I honestly thought my journey was complete.
I could've been just a girl.
A girl who's not just nameless thing.
What have done?
What has been told?
How could have I acted so viscous and bold ?
Looking around
now Ithink
(Sighs) I'm still just nothing
I had tried to live a life that was normal
Be a school girl, and fight crime no more
“I'm not a hero…
It's not formal.”
But who cares?
How could my choice,
be so poor?

I know I can't be what other people are
I'm hero, first and always will be.

It's way up here in my head,
and down in my feet!

Fighting all bad guys, and traveling far
and Friends and allies who all love me
hangin' together, and patrolling up the street

I need it all, just that life, one
Even though it may not seem all that fun
But now I see - I want to be
Part of that world

What can I do to show how I'm sorry
And know I can be part of the Titan's band.
It would be grand, if they'd understand
That I never meant to cause all this worry.
And again, deep within.
I'm r
eady to stand

I know now where me destiny lies
Not in a schoolyard, it's a thing I can't change.
I must follow my heart, and each of its every yearn.

I must learn
What I want, is to be with the people I love.
Oh, don't you see
I want to
be
Part of that
world!
 
 
She made up her mind. When and if she ever got out of this, and there was someway to put this whole nightmare behind them, and if she could… well… it involved something with Count Logan, and who he really was…
 
She promised, she would return to the Titans, and be part of the team. It was where she belonged, and she couldn't change that no matter what she did. Right now… she just hoped the Titans and the Doom Patrol were safe…
 
 
The heroes had traveled for hours, and by now it was midday. It was a good thing they all ate huge breakfasts before setting off, or they'd be famished by now. “Man… this Jungle must go on forever.” said Robot-man.
 
“I assure you, it does not.” said Copy-Cat. “We must press on.”
 
They all continued to walk, and realized they were passing through and area filled with large bones, and skeletons of creatures. “Are these what I think they are?” Elasti-Girl asked.
 
Copy-Cat nodded, “It is. My planet, like yours also had the ancient creatures you call, dinosaurs. They too fell to extinction before my race was born. This is all that remains.”
 
Raven wanted to get a closer look at an dinosaur-skull on the ground. It was large enough to be two igloos. Suddenly, she wasn't using her powers, but she felt something was creeping up from behind her… “Hmm…?” she looked round. “WHOA…!” she leapt out just a huge bony-tail nearly whacked her.
 
This was followed by a roaring of a live skeleton of a dinosaur with a horn like a rhino. “YEOW…!” Raven squealed as she rolled out of the way. Everyone winced in horror and shock at the great beast. Robin was about to reach for his utility belt, and Cyborg ready to use his sonic-cannon. “No! Don't!” Copy-Cat shouted at them, “You may not use your own powers and weapons, remember?”
 
This was not good, and things got worse when the dinosaur began to charge, snarling it's bony-teeth. “Rita… get out of there!” cried Mento, but his poor wife was trapped, and screaming defenselessly. “HELP…!” she cried.
 
Cyborg and Robot-man, jumped in, and socked the dinosaur on his nose with their fists, but the dinosaur only bashed them hard and away with his head. “OOF…!”
 
“GAH…!”
 
“Cyborg…!”
 
“Cliff…!”
 
Elasti-girl ran out of the dinosaur's sight while she had the chance, but now the beast was roaring and heading straight for Copy-Cat and Negative-man. “Oh, no!”
 
“You under… I will go over!” cried Copy-Cat.
 
“Right…!” cried Negative-man. Without using his shadow-maneuver, Negative man rolled, somersaulted, under the dinosaur's legs, and Copy-Cat leapt up, up, and over, and almost got hit by the dinosaur's tail. “WHOA…!”
 
With the boys out of the way, not Starfire was targeted. “No…!” she screamed as she ran “Get away from me!” she ran as fast as her legs could take her without flying. “HELP ME…!” she screamed.
 
Robin and Mento saw her, “Hang on, Starfire…!” cried Robin. “We're coming…!” added Mento. Since they weren't allowed to use their own weapons and powers, they were however allowed to make their own… that would be using their own skills.
 
Starfire continued to run, until she tripped over a rock, and found herself just meters away from all those sharp teeth, and she couldn't fire her star-bolts to fight back. “AAAHH…!”
 
Right at the last moment, the dinosaur was being hit by huge sticks and stones. “Hey, big-guy…!” Robin snarled at it. “Over here!”
 
“Come and get us, you over-grown fossil!” added Mento. The dinosaur turned away from Starfire, and began to chase the two leaders. “Here he comes!”
 
“Split up!” shouted Mento. “He can't follow us both.” So the two of them split up, and the dinosaur kept chasing after Robin. “Robin…!” Starfire cried.
 
“Keep runnin' man…!” Cyborg called.
 
Robin suddenly had an idea. The dinosaur was nothing but an ordinary skeleton. “Then maybe--” he remembered that on the way to the bone-yard they had all passed by a small lake. So he kept running, and running with the dinosaur following him, until the water just up ahead…
 
“Robin!” cried Elasti-Girl.
 
“He's trapped! cried Robot-man.
 
“What is he thinking…?” Copy-Cat thought, “If only I could use my foresight. Ah, wait…!”
 
Robin saw the dinosaur stop dead in its tracks. It roared loudly as it charged straight at him. Robin just stood there, and waited, and waited… “NOW!” then h leapt up and grabbed onto a vine while the dinosaur missed him entirely and dashed right into the deep water where he feel to pieces…
 
After all, skeletons, even dinosaur ones, didn't like water…!
 
“He did it…!” cried Negative-man.
 
Robin hopped off from the vine, and met up with the gang. Starfire hugged him tightly, but he didn't mind. Mento patted Robin on the back, “Way to go, kid!”
 
Soon Robin got praises form everyone. “Looks like reading finally gave you the edge.” Raven smirked.
 
“Well maybe we should get going before he decides to pull himself together.” Cyborg joked. Everyone agreed, and they set off to continue on their quest. Who knew how many more dangers awaited them?