Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Things Change & The End? ❯ All this for a Book? ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
 
In the castle of Count Logan, the walls were echoing with the sounds of someone moaning, and groaning. The minions all looked round, but couldn't' figure what it was. Even Terra heard the noise… but at least should could guess who was making that sound.
 
In his master bed-chamber, Count Logan was lying in his master bed with the covers pulled over his head. He was tossing and turning as he moaned and groaned. Either he was having a nightmare, or his head really ached with pain from stress… or it was both.
 
His moaning was so loud and painful, even the giants guarding the door outside could barely stand it, soon it quieted down, though.
 
The Count reached over, and grabbed a cup of cold water. “Ahh…! GRR…!” he drank-up and then pitched the cup at the walls, shattering the glass. He sat upright in bed, his face, no longer hidden by his mask, but unable to be seen in the darkness… he was now just panting softly with his knees brought up to his chest.
 
“These nightmares…” he hissed. to himself. “They will never leave me be.”
 
Ever since he had first begun his assault on the universe, and other worldly dimensions, the Count had been having nightmares of his former life. All the anguish, pain, and anger fro all the suffering, and hardship he had been tortured with…
 
Worse than that, he was having continuous nightmare about Terra. Yes, he knew her… which why it pained her so much when she learned his true identity. “She is for fare… for one capable of causing me so much grief.” he spoke softly, “It is regrettable she must be destroyed… but it must, and will be done.”
 
He had made up his mind. No matter what he felt now, or what he would continue to feel, he still plotted to do away with Terra, once the worlds were destroyed, and then he planed to…
 
…He was planning something more drastic rather than building a new world. As for the Titans and the Doom-Patrol, “Sooner or later they will come here… and when they do… we shall be ready! Ha-ha…!”
 
 
Beljar was sleeping in his own bed-chamber, and he knew the Count was awake, and what he was saying. “But not as ready you think you will be…” he hissed sinisterly.
 
He had secretly slipped more of that potion into the Count's water jug. The more he consumed, the more Beljar's own plans would take effect-- whatever it was.
 
 
All through the day, the Titans and the Doom Patrol trekked through the dark-jungle. They had evaded quicksand, avalanching boulders, and other vicious creatures. Keeping well in mind not to use their powers and weapons.
 
They kept on walking, and walking, until “Whoa…!” cried Cyborg, “Hey, guys, check this out.”
 
Everyone came up to where he was standing, and what a sight they saw. There, up ahead was a rock sanctuary; it had cliff-tops, flowing acid-falls and ponds, and statues and carvings everywhere. “This is it…” Copy-Cat said. “We have made it.”
 
This was indeed the site of the royal-family tomb, in the very center of the dark-jungle. “Finally…!” cried Raven. “I thought we'd never make it.”
 
For a graveyard, this place sure seemed beautiful. Raven almost even felt like meditating, but she knew they came here for one thing only. “Uh… where would this book be?” she asked.
 
“I don't see anything…” added Cyborg.
 
“Wait here…” Copy-Cat told everyone. Even though he was unfamiliar with all this, as it was his first time actually coming here, he recognized the graves at the back, and in the middle of the temple. “Mother…! Father…!” he peeped.
 
Then suddenly, the statues all began to move. “Whoa!” cried Robin.
 
“What's going on…” added Mento.
 
Then before everyone's eyes, the statues came to life, and wielded weapons. They leapt off of their pedestals and began to march straight for the teams. “What is this…?” asked Elasti-girl…
 
Then suddenly, a voice from beyond spoke to them. “Oh, mighty travels. You have done well to make it this far. Accept now this final challenge. Defeat the four guardians, and what you seek shall be yours.”
 
“That… that voice…!” Copy-Cat cried, “It couldn't be…!”
 
“Huh? AAH…!” Then he leapt out of the way just before one of the statue-monsters struck him. The battle was on, but this hardly seemed fair at all. These monsters were allows to use weapons, and the teams had to rely on their own skills…
 
What made things worse was, when Negative-man tried to punch one of them. “OW! These things are rock!”
 
Starfire tried to wrestle one, but with without her alien-strength. “These creatures… they are so strong!”
 
The battle had just started and the heroes were already at a serious disadvantage, but they had come this far. “They have to have a weakness…” shouted Negative-man.
 
“Yeah… but what?” added Cyborg.
 
Whatever it was, the heroes couldn't seem to find it, and were now either dodging, or running from those monsters. All over the temple, all along the cliff-sides, and near the acid-pools…
 
This was some battle…
 
(Music cue)
 
I walk along the avenue.
I never thought I'd meet a girl like you.
Meet a girl like you.

With auburn hair and tawny eyes.
The kind of eyes that hypnotize me through.
Hypnotize me through.

And I ran.
I ran so far away.
I just ran.
I ran all night and day.
I couldn't get away.
 
(Instrumental solo)
 
 
Raven found her self, for the first time, running scared of a piece of rock; up the cliff. “Get away from me!” she growled at it, but that monster just kept right on coming swinging its weapon like a madman.
 
She kept on running, and running until she came to the ledge of the cliff which overlooked one of the pools down below, “Acid!” she cried. She was trapped, but it didn't go unnoticed. “Raven…!” cried Cop-Cat. “I am coming…!” and he began to hastily climb up a series of vines leading up to the cliff; since he wasn't allowed to fly.
 
The statue-monster had reached Raven, and raised it's huge weapon ready to attack. “NO---!” a voice shouted as Copy-Cat came swinging in on a vine, and BAM! He rammed his bare feet into the monster's back… his feet were very resistant to most impact pains.
 
The monster lost its balanced and fell off from the ledge and fell into the acid pool below where it dissolved into dust. “Are you alright…?” Copy-Cat asked. Raven stared at him deep in the eyes, “You… saved me.” she said while blushing.
 
Copy-Cat blushed too, and looked away from her. “Um, yes… so I did.”
 
Raven almost didn't know why she did what she did next, but she pecked him on the cheek. Copy-Cat almost felt like fainting. Still, only one monster was down, and three more remained…
 
 
A cloud appears above your head.
A beam of light comes shining down on you.
Shining down on you.

The cloud is moving nearer still.
Aurora borealis comes in view.
Aurora comes in view.
And I ran.
I ran so far away.
I just ran.
I ran all night and day.
I couldn't get away.
 
 
(Another instrumental solo)
 
Robot-Man, and Cyborg had an idea of what the weaknesses to these monsters was. “They may be strong, but I doubt their that smart.” said Cyborg.
 
“Right… let's lure him in.” added Robot-man.
 
The two androids lured the second monster towards a side of one of the cliffs with loads of boulder lined up at the top, and any little fracture would start an avalanche. “Okay… hold it here.”
 
The monster growled and stomped its way towards them. The androids still didn't move and held their ground. They waited, and waited until the monster raised its weapon, “NOW…!”
 
They rolled out of the way causing the monster to miss and slam his weapon into the wall, which shook the cliff-tops and caused many large rocks and boulders to rain down upon it… burying the monster alive… more or less, as it was just a rock itself.
 
“BOO-YAH…!”
 
“Yeah, we did it!”
 
The androids bopped their fists. Now that everyone knew the monsters weaknesses, and with only two left, the tables were turned…
 
 
Reached out a hand to touch your face.
You're slowly disappearing from my view.
peering from my view.

Reached out a hand to try again.
I'm floating in a beam of light with you.
Beam of light with you.
 
And I ran.
I ran so far away.
I just ran.
I ran all night and day.
I couldn't get away.
 
And I ran.
I ran so far away.
I just ran.
I ran all night and day.
I couldn't get away.
 
 
Starfire was trapped between the remaining two monsters. “I believe I am not enjoying all this attention!” she cried as she jumped, ducked, rolled, and squinted… anything to get out of the path of those swinging weapons without flying…
 
Above on a tall, tall tree, overlooking the main ground below, Elasti-girl could see the commotion. Thinking quickly, she grabbed a long strong vine and tossed it down below. “Starfire! Grab on…!” she called.
 
Starfire saw it, and grabbed on just in time as Elasti-Girl and she rode it like an elevator…
 
“Going up…!” said Starfire, and she was pulled out just in time as one of the monsters swung his weapon, missed her, and smashed the head of the other monster so hard… it went right down dead…
 
“Going down.” said Elasti-girl, “And talk about a huge headache.”
 
This was it, only one monster remained, and it was badly outnumbered. Six of the heroes began to kick and shove at it with full force, and up above, Negative-Man, Robin, and Mento formed one final-attack plan. All three of them were holding vines, “I'm ready…!” cried Negative-man.
 
“Me too…” added Robin.
 
“Let's do it!” shouted Mento. “ATTACK…!”
 
All three of them swung down from up high from different angles. One-by-one they each booted the monster hard in the chest. Negative-man; “ONE…!”
 
Then Mento; “TWO…!”
 
And Robin; “AND THREE…!” The monster flew backwards through the air, “Eight-ball… corner-pocket.”
 
WHAM! The monster collided with the back-wall of the temple and shattered into pebbles. That was the last monster. The heroes would have been cheering for joy; they had pulled it off without using their powers and weapons once…
 
But the whole place was starting to rumble. “Now what's happening…?” asked Cyborg.
 
“Look…!” cried Negative-man.
 
The wall near the graves of Copy-Cat's parents was rising up, and a bight light began to shine from the inside. It was almost too blinding to look at but it dimmed out a little and there resting on a stone-pillar…
 
Copy-Cat walked nervously, yet excitedly forward and grabbed a book that was almost exactly the same as the Dark Prognosticus, only this book was white, and had a golden diamond on it's over in the center.
 
Copy-Cat brought the book back to the teams, and everyone just stared at it, “Holy mackerel… that's it!” cried Mento.
 
“The Light Prognosticus…” Raven peeped.
 
Then, the book began to glow with mystical light, and sparkles and beams shot out everywhere. Then the spirits of the King and Queen repapered. “Mother…! Father…!” cried Copy-Cat.
 
The King and Queen couldn't be happier and prouder. “You have done well, heroes…” said the King, “You overcame many hardships, relying upon your own skills and endurance, and your trust within each other.”
 
The Queen nodded, “You have proven yourselves worthy to receive our greatest, most sacred treasure. Now take the Light Prognosticus, and use it well…the time has come for Count Logan to answer for his crimes.”
 
The spirits faded back into the light from whence they came. Now that the quest was over, it was time to head back to the village. “Come, everyone…we have much to do.” Copy-Cat said, and he grabbed his tail, whirling it like a propeller and flew off into the skies.
 
“Come on… let's go!” cried Robin as and Mento held each of Starfire's hands, and flew off with her. Cyborg, and Robot-man used their thrusters to help Elasti-girl, and Negative-man… leaving Raven to bring up the rear.
 
Thought they had collected the Light Prognosticus, they were being watched the whole time by Medeva, who growled angrily and vanished to warn Count Logan…
 
 
When the Count heard of this…
 
“I see…” he simply said. “They will be coming after me, now. No matter, I am not worried.”
 
The minions were most confused, “But, Sire…” said Sir. Ville, “They have obtained the Light Pronosticus… surely they will duel ye to the bitter end.”
 
The Count sniggered softly, which grew into a heavy evil laugh. “Try as they may, they will soon realize there is nothing that can be done to stop me. The Prophecy will be fulfilled and all worlds will come to an end…!”
 
“Besides…” he continued to say, “I doubt they will really want to kill me once they learn my little secret. Hmm, mm, mm…!”