Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: What Changes Really Are ❯ Arella's Fear ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
 
Despite the fact that nobody knew for sure if all their surroundings were real or not, Arella did provide her guests with a large feast to replenish their strengths, and satisfy their long ignored appetites.
 
Cyborg practically stuffed himself silly, and tears flowed through his eyes. “Oh, man… a full stomach feels so good.” he sobbed happily.
 
“Just be sure to leave some for the rest of us.” said Terra.
 
Raven and Copy-Cat just meditated however, and they each ate one of Copy-Cat's Senzu beans that he brought with them. “Just one will keep you full for ten days and ten nights.”
 
Still, Robin and Arella were out on the terrace where Arella told him about how she used to live in Gotham city under her actual name… Angela Roth. Her life was bitter and depressing, and she fell in love with a stranger who tricked her into being impregnated by the evil Trigon, whom has assumed an authentic human form in order to seduce her…
 
She was taken to Azarath after a failed attempt to kill herself, so that Raven would never have been born and Trigon would never be able to use her as his portal key.
 
After learning what little things she could, and having donned her new name Arella which meant “Messenger Angel to the Azarathians.” Raven was born, and the evil prophecy began to take it's roots.
 
“Raven had left us when she became a teenager, and had fled to Earth in search of those she knew who could help her and protect her from Trigon's forces.”
 
Robin began to see how it all made sense now, “It still doesn't explain how we're all here, in Azarath.” he said, “From what Raven's told us… this whole place is merely spiritual, but everything seems so real.”
 
Arella shook her head, “It was too late to save Azarath, and everything was destroyed. This spiritual void is all that remains.” she closed her eyes, and a little tear rolled down her cheek, “And now… you're world is in great peril, and I blame myself for it.”
 
Robin placed his hand on her shoulder, “It's not your fault…” he said, “This is all Trigon's doing, and the sooner we finish him off, the better.”
 
Arella opened her eyes as she shook her head softly. “You can't…” she cried softly. “If Trigon could return once before… what is to stop him from returning again?” she fell to her knees
 
She began to have horrid day dreams of what she thought could have been if they all went against Beast-Boy, under Trigon's control…
 
 
All their powers and weapons were useless. He was far too big and powerful now. “Ha, ha, ah, ah, ah… not even a flinch.” he mocked at them… and that's when he began to use his powers to toy around with them a while.
 
(Music cue)
 
(Beast-Boy)
 
-I must admit,
your parlor tricks are amusing
I bet you've got a bunny
under your hat!
Now here's your chance
To get the best of me,
Hope your hand is hot!
C'mon, clowns
Let's see what you've got!
-You try to slam me
With your hardest stuff
But your double whammy
Isn't up to snuff
I'll set the record straight
You're simply out of date
You're only second rate!
-You think your cat's a meanine,
But your tiger's tame
You've got a lot to learn
About the
Trigon game
So for your information,
I'll reiterate
You're only second rate!
Men cower at the power
In my pinky
My thumb is number one
On every list
But if you're not convinced
That I'm invincible,
Put me to the test!
I'd love to lay this rivalry to rest!
-Go ahead and zap me
With the big surprise
Snap me in a trap,
Cut me down to size
I'll make a big escape
It's just a piece of cake
You're only second rate!
-You know, your hocus-pocus
Isn't tough enough
And your mumbo-jumbo
Doesn't measure up
Let me pontificate
Upon your sorry state
You're only second rate!
Zaba-caba-dabra!
Granny's gonna grab ya!
Alakazam-da-mus
And this thing's bigger than the both of us!
So spare me your tremendous scare!
You look horrendous in your underwear!
And I can hardly wait
To discombobulate
I'll send ya back and packing
In a shipping crate
You'll make a better living
With a spinning plate
You're only second rate!
 
 
Robin could actually feel her fear. “You can't keep thinking like this… and we can't either.” he told her.
 
“Yo… he's right…” added Cyborg.
 
All the others heard them every word, and they all agreed with Robin that they needed to ban together and do what they could to save Beast-Boy, and stop Trigon.
 
Terra agreed the most, even though she still didn't have her powers, she couldn't turn her back on Beast-Boy now that he needed her more than she needed him.
 
Arella never had seen so much enthusiasm, confidence, and dedication in her life. “Mother, please!” Raven said, “Will you help us…?”
 
With the sight of all those hopeful faces gazing at her, Arella couldn't say no. “I promise… I will do everything that I can.”
 
Robin grabbed her hand, helping her to her feet. They all had their work cut out for them. So much to do, and yet so very little time…
 
Terra had to gain her powers back. The Titans still needed to figure a way to stop the evil zombies; as well as figure how many there already were, and how much power Trigon had gained since their escape…
 
But most importantly… they had to figure out a way to expel Trigon from Beast-Boy, and if possible, vanquish him before he would get a chance to do what he did before; send a portion of spirit to a hidden location so that he would revive once again.
 
Already, with the help of Raven's psychic-contact, and many spells and enchantments they could already figure what they were up against…
 
Beast-Boy was there at the remains of Titan's Tower. He was meditating so that he would gain more power and eventually harness enough energy to conquer the entire universe, but that was not their only concern…
 
The zombies, and the dark animals that he had created… All them had now banned together to form a fleet consisting of close to five-million monsters, with the destruction power of a small nova.
 
Some of the humans were even released from being statues only to work at hard labor for their new ruler. Among them were Jackie and Jillian, whom Beast-Boy made his zombies spare not a moment without torturing and hurting them to his black-heart's content.
 
“Pathetic humans… GET BACK TO WORK!!”
 
 
“Nearly five-million…?!” cried Starfire, “How ever are we to beat an army of such a vast amount?”
 
“Well we better start think' of somethin'.” said Cyborg, “The whole universe is countin' on us.”
 
Arella agreed with everyone. “I can pray to the spirits of Azarath to lend you their strength, but the rest will be up to all of you.”
 
The Titans began to settle for their hard, yet much needed training to awaken Terra's powers, and learn the weaknesses of their enemies.
 
Raven and Copy-Cat would deal with Terra's training, while the others did their own work. “You think we can do this?” Cyborg asked.
 
“We are a team Cyborg…” Copy-Cat says, “In all my years as a fighter, if there is one thing I have learned, it is there are always great possibilities in numbers.”