Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Normal Like You ❯ Promises ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is probably just gonna be a short chapter. I feel bad about not updating, but I'm brain dead for a while. Plus this story's coming to an end, so I want to prolong that for as long as I possibly can.
Normal Like You
Chapter 18: Promises
Raven didn't know why she left Gar's house.
`Oh…right…'
Because she couldn't just sit and do nothing all day.
(At least, not without a good book.)
(And Gar's book collection was seriously lacking.)
She had considered heading over to the library, but Jinx was not preferred company at the moment, and neither was an empty room.
She'd go back soon anyway, because she knew Gar, despite his addiction to video games, would make sure she hadn't left.
(Which she had.)
(He just didn't need to know that.)
So she wandered around the streets for a good half hour before she turned around.
Winter was dying in the air, replaced with the spring-time scent that came with heavy rain. It would be raining soon, she could tell.
She liked to stand out in the rain.
Sighing, she turned back.
Sometimes she just needed to clear her head.
><><><><><><
It wasn't until after lunch that Gar was able to kick Vic out. At that time, he was able to peek into his room, and it was at that time that he caught Raven sneaking back in.
“I thought you weren't going to leave,” he said loudly, and she jumped, turning to him sheepishly.
“I never said that,” she closed the window she'd been sneaking through, “It was merely implied. You should learn I don't often do what I'm told.”
He chuckled. “You hungry?”
She smiled. She'd been smiling a lot since she told Gar the truth. “Starving.”
><><><><
It had been another well-worn day at the Logan household.
Gar had not let Raven leave the house all day, but now she was staring at the clock, under a forceful realization.
Tomorrow was school.
She couldn't stay at Gar's.
She had to go home.
Gar refused to acknowledge this, or so it seemed. He had his arms wrapped around her in an almost intimate way, and she felt a blush heat her face.
Her face turned completely red as he began to nibble her neck.
She squirmed for a moment, attempting to form a sentence. “G-Gar… I think…”
Gar smiled and leaned forward, giving her a quick kiss on the lips.
“Gar,” she groaned, “Seriously…”
“Seriously what?” He nuzzled her shoulder, nipping her neck. She twisted her face into something between annoyance and pleaure.
“You're not… listening…”
His arms moved around her waist and pulled her closer, placing kisses across her face. “What am I supposed to be listening to?”
His lips brushed over hers and she felt the most of tantalizing sensation run through her. Her voice faltered as she opened her mouth to say something, and he caught her, molding his lips over hers.
For a moment, Raven let herself be happy.
Then she pushed him off, taking him completely by surprise. She placed a hand over her heart, feeling her heartbeat. It was pounding faster than she'd ever felt, and she thought it might jump out of her chest.
“Sorry, Rae.”
She nodded. “No… It's just…” She leaned over, he turned his head, and she kissed him for an instant then sat back.
Gar grinned. “You can't resist my manly charms.”
She rolled her eyes. “That's it. Let's go have sex, right now.”
He chuckled. “What was it you were trying to say?”
“Oh,” she blushed, “I-I might've… forgotten…”
He laughed. She frowned.
Raven stood up. “We have school tomorrow.”
“Yeah? So?”
“…Gar.”
He glanced at her. There was a warning tone in her voice. A warning he was definitely missing.
“What?”
“I have to go home.”
He frowned, his jovial nature leaving him. “Why?”
“It's not like I can stay here forever. Once my father sobers up long enough to realize I'm not there, who knows what'll happen.”
“You can't go back to him.”
“I have to.”
He stood quickly, grabbing her arm. “If you go back… I'll…”
“Tell?” She gave a cruel laugh. “You're not five. It's his word against yours.”
“And yours!”
“Honestly, Gar. He can blame it on anyone. Self mutilation even. Whatever I say could be considered a cover up for a masochism problem.”
He hesitated.
“And what if your parents come home. How do you explain how you've been allowing me to live here?”
“…I…”
“I don't want to, Gar, but I have to.”
He sighed and let go of her. “…Fine. But I'm dropping you off. Don't get hurt anymore.”
She smiled at him. “I won't. I promise.”
Authoress Notes:
Yay! I finally updated!
I had about three different versions of this chapter, but I couldn't do anything with it at some point. Eventually I got here. Yay!
So sorry for lacking in update. I'll try better next time.
Review please!!