Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Titans High School Musical ❯ First Day Jitters ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes:
 
Now remember… this fic is in a chain.
 
Refer to MUSICAL: SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE for full details if you get stumped on something.
 
Also… there may be some OOC's, but that's to be expected, remember this is all just a daydream.
 
Also, I've never actually SEEN HSM before, I just used an HSM title is all.
 
 
CHAPTER ONE
 
Another day in the lounge at Titan's tower, Beast-Boy, and his wife of over a year, Terra, were both sitting on the sofa looking down in the dumps as they stared down at their high-school diplomas they had placed on the coffee table before them.
 
The other five Titans saw them, and found it amazing that they were acting so quiet when usually they were the nosiest couple in the tower. “Uh, Beast-Boy… Terra? You guys feeling alright?” Robin asked.
 
“We're fine.” Terra brooded deeply.
 
“What's the matter…?” Cyborg mocked jokingly, “Poor BB and Ter upset about somethin'?”
 
“Exactly…” Beast-Boy snarled as he pointed to the diplomas on the table.
 
Starfire sat down beside him and gazed down at the shiny frames and the papers they concealed. “Oh… they are very nice.” she said, “Please… tell me what part of these objects made you upset my friends.”
 
Beast-Boy and Terra explained to the others that today marked three years ago that they graduated from Murakami-High, and that it was causing them to get lost in their painful memories again.
 
Terra was haunted by the way how she tried to throw Beast-Boy out of her life on the count of her amnesia, and trying to enforce the fact of “Things Change…”
 
The others could tell that was painful, but when Beast-Boy referred to the time that he quit the team, changed into a regular boy, which increased his IQ to genius levels, and unlocked his magic singing voice… that he also found it hard going to a new school.
 
“Aww… poor kido didn't like being the new kid.” Raven mocked, but Beast-Boy stood up right and really let her have it. “You think it's funny?” he asked deeply, and he went on explain that he had every right to not like being the new kid at Terra's old school…
 
He never went to school in his life, and even though at that time he was genius, “Why don't you try going to a new school. You don't know anybody… you get lost…! The kids treat you like your invisible and they think weird things about you without even getting to know you first.”
 
“If that means I'm being a baby… Then I guess I'm a baby!” He got up off the sofa and stomped to his room. “Beast boy… wait up.” Terra called out to her husband.
 
Robin and Copy-Cat stared shamefully at Raven and Cyborg. “Yo'… what?” asked Cyborg.
 
“You two really ought to be ashamed for what you just did.” Robin scolded them, “This is not joke to Beast-Boy or to Terra.”
 
Copy-Cat nodded, “The way it comes to my vision, I too would feel awkward in Beast-Boy's position if I were forced to enroll in a public teaching facility.”
 
As the Titans continued to argue, Starfire was starring deeply into the glass on the frames of the two diplomas, and could even see her reflection. She suddenly began to feel herself dozing off, and she began to feel… different.
 
Story begins
 
A young teenage girl, with long red hair, and green eyes was walking up to Murakami-High, her new school since she and her family had moved to Jump-City. She felt a little nervous coming to a new place, and not knowing any of the other kids there.
 
She was so lost in her daydreams that she didn't hear a girl with short blonde hair behind her ask her to move. “Hey… move it!” she snapped as she gave the red-headed girl a slight shove.
 
The girl then heard the voice of someone yelling behind her, “Hey Kitten… wait up!” The girl turned and saw a young man with messy black hair, and wearing a black mask over his eyes run pats her. However he turned back to smile at the new he never saw before.
 
“Hey… she's kind of pretty.” he thought.
 
The girl was also thinking the same thing about that guy who past her. “Whoever that was he sure looked cute.” She was snapped out of her thoughts by the sound of the first bell ringing.
 
All the students began to fill the hallways and corridors of the school; grabbing things out of their lockers and heading to class. The new girl was at her locker, but for some reason it wouldn't open, no matter how many times she tried the combination. That's when someone reached from across her and gently knocked on the door and the locker opened.
 
The new girl turned and saw that same boy who wore a mask, because he had very sensitive eyes smiling at her. “Had that locker last year…” he said to her.
 
The girl smiled, “Thank you…” she said sweetly.
 
The boy then introduced himself, “My name's Dick…”
 
The girl almost blushed, “Uh, hi… I'm… Kori.”
 
The two stood starring at each other for a while, until the locker behind Dick slammed shut, and that same rude girl who shoved Kori outside said, “Coming Dick…” and they both walked off to their homeroom. Kori was starting to think she had gotten on someone's wrong side on her first day…
 
 
Her first class was Math, and she found her seat just across from where Dick was sitting, and also that girl Kitten was sitting beside him, and when Dick and Kori began to stare at each other again, Kitten elbowed Dick causing him to stop.
 
That's when the other students turned to the door as they heard the same music every morning. “Uh oh… here we go again.” some of them groaned.
 
(Music cue)
 
The teacher, Mr. Curtis, a dark-skinned man, with no hair on the top of his head walked into the room, dancing to the music, as he took of his coat and hat, and began singing who he was to the new students.
 
(Mr. Curtis)
 
-I'm Mister Number-Jumble,
I'm Mister add.
I'm Mister Calculator,
I'm Mister not so bad.
 
Friends call me Mr. Curtis, whatever I touch
Turns to math in my clutch.
I'm too much… Heh!
 
As the song continued four other boys who were quite familiar with the lyrics got up and joined as a chorus.
 
(Student Chorus)
 
-He's Mister Number-Jumble,
He's Mister add. (“That's right”)
He's Mister Calculator,
He's Mister not so bad.
 
(Mr. Curtis)
 
Friends call me Mr. Curtis, whatever I touch
Turns to math in my clutch.
 
(Students)
 
He's too much!
 
 
(Mr. Curtis)
 
I never want to know a day where math isn't in the breeze.
I'll teach, force, and give it you in any manor I please.
 
“You got to love this stuff… I mean really”
 
(Student Chorus)
 
-He's Mister Number-Jumble,
He's Mister add. (“That's right”)
He's Mister Calculator,
He's Mister not so bad.
 
(Mr. Curtis)
 
Friends call me Mr. Curtis, whatever I touch
Turns to math in my clutch.
 
Too much… Heh-heh!
 
Too much!
 
 
The song ended and class began. The students did normal problem solving after copying notes off the blackboard, and they were given a few pages out of their Geometry-books to deal with.
 
Kori was working quietly, when suddenly a large ball of paper hit her in the head. Kori looked over and could tell tat it was that girl Kitten who threw it, but rather than tattle or fight back, Kori went on with her work.
 
Class ended, and as the students got up to leave, after being told by Mr. Curtis, “Okay gang… big test tomorrow, so make sure your study.” As Kori left still feeling a little upset about Kitten and that paper-ball, but that's when Dick caught up with her…
 
“Hey… uh… Sorry about that thing with Kitten.” He said kindly. “She's not real crazy about new kids.”
 
Kori smiled again, “Oh its okay… I'm sure we can work it out somehow.”
 
“Hah! Yeah right…!” snapped Kitten. “Let's go Dick…” she said as she grabbed him by the arm and dragged him down the hallway.
 
Kori's mind was still on Dick, she only just met him and she was starting feel like she could get along with him at least. Then maybe Murakami-High wouldn't seem so bad.
 
She was still thinking that when she accidentally bumped into another boy in the hallway, one who looked exactly like Dick, and even wore a mask like Dick for he too had sensitive eyes… only he seemed to look a little pale on the skin, and he had three freckle on each of his cheeks that almost resembled a cat's face.
 
He was standing next to a pale girl, with purple hair, and they both looked awfully depressed, for when Kori had bumped into the boy she caused him to accidentally drop one of his school reports into the garbage-can beside him and coffee spilt all over it. “Oh… oh I'm sorry about that…” she apologized. “Nothing's going right for me today.”
 
“We know how you feel…” the boy said in a deep somber voice. “It reminds us of a poem.”
 
It was obvious that these two kids were gothic-like as they recited their poem together…
 
Its hair was dark, like dead tree's bark.
Feel the pain, from a low ingrain.
 
“Wow…” Kori said, “That was deep…”
 
The two Goths looked at her with their sad eyes. “We knew you'd like it at least.” said the boy. “I'm Kato… and this is my girlfriend Raven.”
 
“We're called the Depressed-Duo…” Raven said, “I expect you already figured why.”
 
They had just enough time to explain that they were depressed all that each other had. They liked dark-poetry, and dark-stormy nights, and reading long novels. Kids at the school saw them as “Creepy.” Leaving them both feeling isolated and lonely… until they met each other and began dating.
 
Kori felt sorry for the couple, they were just like her without any friends. “Hey… maybe we can catch up sometime and even work things out to make it all better.”
 
A tear rolled down Raven's cheek, “We'd like that… but that would only suggest a willingness to bring hope to us both. We're beyond that now.”
 
Kato held his girlfriend close, “Come my dark-damsel.” he said, “The next class of doom starts any moment.” And they walked sadly down the hallway leaving Kori feeling that there was still a lot more about Murakami than met the eye…
 
 
At that moment from the main office of the school someone was watching all the kids as they walked off to class. A really dark man sitting in his chair and watching the monitors. “Teenagers…” he hissed, “They're all worthless. The lack discipline! They lack commitment!”
 
Just then, his intercom buzzed. “Pardon me Principal Slade… but there's a girl here to see you.”
 
The man answered back, “Send in the young-lady.”
 
Kori walked in to see the Principal, “Uh… pardon me sir…” she said kindly, “But my map seems to have been misprinted, and I couldn't find my way to class.”
 
Slade took the map from her to examine it more closely, “Hmm… I see.” he said deeply. “Fear not my dear, you aren't alone.” He said as he handed her a correct map.
 
Kori took it, though she had a sneaky feeling about this man. “Uh… thank you…” she said as she headed off to class. Leaving the man to resume his sour features. “Rotten kids…” he murmured.
 
He grabbed the letter opener on his desk, and slammed the blade hard on the wood of his desk. “This will be the year… the year where I won't have to deal with any of you again… Hmm, mm, mm…!”