Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Titans: Slade's Return ❯ Red X and Starfire's bid for freedom ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own any of the charecters in this story.

Chapter 10-Red X and Starfire’s bid for freedom

“So…Robin’s doing better against Blackfire than I thought. But she will win.” Said Slade confidently.

“What makes you so sure Slade?” Hissed Red X.

“That’s MASTER Slade!”

Slade pushed the button on his wrist, giving Red X a little shock. “And I am confident because Blackfire knows how to beat Robin. Get him angry enough and he’ll make mistakes. Just like you.” Said Slade.

“I may have his looks but I am my own Man. I share nothing else with Robin.”

Red X went to the door. “While your off blowing off some steam, go see how our guest is doing. She’ll be our leverage if and when Robin reaches me.” Said Slade.

“Yes…master.” Said Red X, leaving the room.

He leaned against the door and took off his mask. “If he thinks I’m going to put Starfire through all that again, just so he can hurt Robin, he’s dead wrong.” Red X thought.

With his decision made, he pocketed his mask and ran to the dungeons.

~~~In Starfire cell.~~~

Starfire laid on the floor of her cell, to weak to move. She was so tired and hungry, she didn’t think she could survive much longer. The door to her cell opened and someone came over to her. That person lifted her up in his arms and held her head against him. “Starfire, it’s me.”

“Red X?”

“Yes, eat this. It will give you back your strength.”

Red X put the tiny pill to Starfire’s mouth and she instantly swallowed it. “What was that?” Asked Starfire, as she suddenly began to feel stronger.

“It’s a food pill. I made it, it’s designed to keep you full for up to 24 hours. C’mon, Robin’s fighting your sister, and the other Titans have fallen. We have to go help him.” Said Red X.

“Wait!”

“What?”

Starfire grabbed the wrist with the bomb on it and hit it with a Starbolt. The bomb fell to the ground in pieces. “Now Slade can’t hurt you.” Said Starfire.

“I guess that makes us even now. C’mon, I know a faster way to Robin without going through Slade or the apprentices.” Said Red X, running out the door with Starfire close behind him.

~~~Back to the fight.~~~

Robin dodge the barrage of Purple StarBolts, and threw a bomb at Blackfire. She flew to the side to avoid the blast but it exploded behind her. She fell towards Robin, w then whacked her in the gut with his bow staff. She fell to the ground wheezing. Robin landed on his feet, and began stalking Blackfire. It was then that Blackfire realised how much Robin really hated Slade, and how much he hated her for letting Red X ‘force himself’ on Starfire, (But we all know better, don’t we. Thankfully, so does Robin.) “Robin, please, I’m…” Started Blackfire.

“HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO YOUR OWN FLESH AND BLOOD! HOW COULD YOU PUT HER THROUGH THIS HELL!” Yelled Robin.

“I had to! Slade would never had made me the leader if I didn’t get Starfire!”

“All this for a little bit of power? YOU KILLED MY FRIENDS AND IMPRISONED MY LOVE, ALL FOR POWER!”

Robin raised the staff over her head. Blackfire put up her hands to protect herself. Robin really wanted to strike, but something inside stopped him. It was Starfire’s voice. “Regardless of what she did to us on my home world, she is still my sister and I would never wish harm upon her.” Said the voice.

Robin didn’t want to hurt Starfire like that. He didn’t want to become a murderer. He put down his staff, held it at his side. Blackfire looked confused. “Robin, why didn’t you…” She started.

“I’m not going to kill you Blackfire. I’m better than that. And I would never hurt Starfire like that either.” Said Robin.

“ROBIN!”

Robin turned towards the source of the voice. “Starfire.” Gasped Robin.

Starfire ran to him and Robin met her half way. He wrapped his arms around her and she began crying on his shoulder. “Shhh, it’s OK Starfire, I’m here now.” Said Robin, stroking her hair lovingly.

“Robin, I was so afraid. I could do nothing…” Starfire cried.

“I know Starfire, but it’s over now.”

Blackfire began to get up, but was met by the angry blood red eyes of Red X. “Red X, you betrayed Slade.” Gasped Blackfire.

“You know I was going to eventually. And now, thanks to your sister, Slade doesn’t have his leverage any more. I finally free.” Said Red X, putting his mask back on and advancing on Blackfire.

“Wait, Red X, you know I only did what I did because of Slade.”

“Oh I know that. Not only was I a convenient screw, but I was also Slade’s property and he wanted me back. You helped him get me back as well. But now the tables have turned, and now I’m the one in control.”

Red X grabbed Blackfire by the throat. He lifted her up and put his laser palm to her chest. Robin saw this and so did Starfire. Robin thought Starfire would stop Red X, but she just buried her face in his chest. “Goodbye Blackfire, it was fun while it lasted.” Said Red X, firing his X laser through her.

Blackfire slumped against him, and Red X just dropped her. He then took off his mask. “I’m sorry I had to do that Starfire. But she had it coming.” Said Red X.

“I understand. She’d done so many evil things, this would ultimately have been her fate.” Said Starfire.

“I guess even you have your limits. C’mon, let get out here. Slade can wait till another day, I just want to find the others and go home.” Said Robin.

He then turned towards Red X. “You’re my clone, aren’t you?” Asked Robin.

“Yes. The last time you were around Slade, he took you’re DNA. It was so he’d have you no matter what. I got all you looks and memories. Including the codes to the tower. That’s how I got the suit.” Said Red X.

“I can’t believe he want to such lengths. But it doesn’t matter anymore. Let’s just go home.”

“Do you think there’s a place for me there too.”

“……Maybe.”

Starfire smiled. Robin wrapped his arm around her shoulder and held her close to him. But then, they heard a gurgling sound from behind them. Robin and Starfire spun around and saw Red X with a sharp metal rod through his chest. “NO!” Yelled Starfire.

Blood poured from Red X’s mouth. Then, he was thrown towards them. Starfire and Robin ran to him. “Red X! Please don’t leave us.” Said Starfire.

“It’s OK Star. I told you I was free, and I will die a free man.” Said Red X.

Then he turned to Robin. “Take care of her Robin. She’s one of a kind.” Said Red X.

“I will.” Said Robin.

Hen, he closed his eyes and left the mortal plane. Starfire cried on Red X’s chest. Robin stood and saw the source of the attack. There stood Slade, with the remainder of his apprentices gathered around him. “Attack.” He hissed.

The apprentices charged forward as Robin and Starfire, and they quickly got into fighting stance.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, that was a sad ending. But like Red X said, at least he died a free man. But now, Robin and Starfire have to finish what the other Titans started, but can they defeat the remaining 4 apprentices by themselves. And with Slade there watching, who knows what could happen.