Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Titans: Slade's Return ❯ The Titans vs The Apprentices ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own the charecters of Teen Titans. So there's no need to sue me.

THE TEEN TITANS.

Chapter 12-The Titans vs. The Apprentices
The Titans charged at the 4 remaining apprentices, but they 4 of them stood they’re ground. Then, in one movement that was so powerful that it cracked the ground underneath them, the Titans collided with them and a mighty battle ensued. But in the confusion, Slade managed to get away. But that wasn’t the most important thing right now as the Titans chose who they wanted to fight.

Speedy and Aqualad went after Fang. Raven and Bumblebee went after Kitten, who in her mutated cat form was strong enough to take on the 2 of them. Cyborg and Beast Boy went after Gizmo, who was clearly outmatched because Cyborg was ready to kill him for what he did to Jinx. And Robin and Starfire went after Mammoth, but the beast was stronger because of the beatings Robin and Starfire had taken.

Speedy fired arrow after arrow, which exploded on contact, but Fang jumped onto the wall and up into the ceiling, where Speedy couldn’t see him. As Fang prepared to attack Speedy, Aqualad appeared behind him. Aqualad hit Fang with a big blast of water. “Speedy! Hit him with a freeze arrow!” Yelled Aqualad.

Speedy got out the arrow and fired it. It made a direct hit and Fang was encased in ice, then Aqualad and Speedy went to help Robin and Starfire. The flash from the ice arrow caught Kitten’s attention. She kicked Raven into Bumblebee and turned towards the source of the flash. “Fang.” She said tearfully, as she saw her ice covered boyfriend.

Raven and Bumblebee took the opportunity. Bumblebee fired at Kitten who crashed into a steel support beam, and Raven manipulated some titanium bars and wrapped them around her, securely holding her in place. “Don’t worry about Fang. It’s like being cryogenically frozen, he’s just asleep in there. He’ll be OK.” Said Raven.

Kitten looked at her in surprise. “Yeah, they’ll thaw him out and you 2 can spend the rest of your lives behind bars together.” Said Bumblebee.

Kitten began screeching as Raven and Bumblebee ran to help Cyborg. But as Gizmo flew over their heads and into the surveillance computer, they knew he didn’t need any help. Gizmo yelled in pain as his circuits began frying, and his life support systems began crashing. Raven and Bumblebee ran to help, but Cyborg beat them to it. He grabbed Gizmo by the front of his shirt and hauled him off the control panel. “Why didn’t you kill me?” He asked painfully.

“Because I’m not like you. I’m not a murderer.” He hissed, throwing him on to the floor.

Raven performed the same rope trick as she had with Kitten to hold him in place. “You OK big guy?” Asked Bumblebee.

“I am now.” Said Cyborg.

A yell from Speedy made them run over to the last battle. Mammoth grabbed Speedy and Aqualad’s head and knocked them together. Starfire flew above Mammoth and tried to hit him with her eyebolts. But he just grabbed Aqualad and threw him into her. They crashed into Bumblebee, who’d flown up to catch them. Raven used her powers to fire more titanium rods, but Mammoth caught them all, crushed them, rolled them into a ball and threw them back at her. Beast Boy turned into a leopard and jumped at her. He managed to push her out of the way but got hit by the flying metal ball. The ball broke apart as they landed, and some of the shards went into Beast Boy. “BEAST BOY!” Cried Raven, as she ran to his aid.

Seeing their friend hurt, Robin and Cyborg flew into a rage. Cyborg hurled himself into Mammoth, knocking him back several feet, while Robin got behind Mammoth and hit him with his bow-staff. Mammoth fell to the floor next to Gizmo, and near Beast Boy and Raven. Raven turned, her eyes glowing a deadly blood red. “HOW DARE YOU DO THIS TO THE MAN I LOVE!” She yelled as she used her powers to pick up a steel girder and fire it at the roof above Mammoth.

It made direct contact, and the remains of the roof caved in, all the debris landing on Mammoth and Gizmo. Raven came back to her senses. She walked over to the pile as the other titans helped each other up. “Consider this payback.” She hissed.

“Raven!” Yelled Robin.

Raven spun around to see Robin and Speedy pull Beast Boy out from all the metal shards. Bumblebee was calling for the cops. Raven quickly used her powers to lift the rest of it off him. She ran to his side, and almost fainted in relief as Beast Boy opened his eyes. “We have to get him out of here. He needs these shards removed.” Said Aqualad.

“I’ll get him out of here and back to Titans Tower. I can take care of him there.” Said Raven.

“I’ll go with you.” Said Bumblebee.

“Quick you 2, go now.” Said Robin.

A black bird appeared around them as Raven took them back to the tower. “Guys, stay with these guys until the authorities get here. I’m going after Slade.” Said Robin.

“I’m going with you.” Said Starfire.

“No.”

“But Robin…”

Robin turned around slowly, and then brought her into his arms. “Starfire, the last time you came with me to stop Slade, I almost lost you. I’m not putting you in danger again.” He said gently.

“But I cannot let you do this alone, Slade could kill you.” Starfire said, tears pooling in her eyes.

“He won’t Starfire. After today, it all ends. Please, just stay here with the guys and make sure that the apprentices are taken in. I’m counting on you Star.”

“…I love you Robin.”

Robin smiled and brought her into his embrace. “I love you too Starfire. No matter what happens now, never forget that I love you.” He said.

Then, he leant down and gently brushed his lips across hers. Their kiss was so magical, Robin didn’t want it to end. But if he wanted to protect her from Slade, he had to defeat him. He pulled away. He smiled at Starfire before letting go and running down the hall where he had seen Slade run into. Starfire covered her mouth to hold back her sobs. Cyborg came up to her, and wrapped an arm around her shoulder. “Don’t worry about it Star. He’ll be OK.” He said.

“I know he will be. But that doesn’t stop me from worrying about him.” Said Starfire.

Cyborg went back over to the others. “Please come back to me Robin. Don’t leave me when we have so much to look forward to.” She whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Awwww. That was so sad. But if Robin ever wants to be free of Slade, he had to go and face him. And that’s what he does next time. It’s the battle we’ve all been waiting for. It’s Robin vs. Slade!