Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The End ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer Note: I wish I may, I wish I might, on the first star I see tonight… I wish I owned the Titans and a bunch of other crap, but I don't.
Note: I kinda got the idea from Terror of Trigon, the original comic book. I think in season 4, “The End” is gonna be about Raven and her father, but I could be wrong.
 
Chapter 1
 
Lightning flashed across the dark den of Titan's Tower. All was quiet and still. The Titans were fast asleep. Nothing moved inside the Tower. But outside, a shadow crawled onto the island. How the figure managed to climb onto the rocky shore is still unknown. It looked as if it was no threat, already beaten. Stretching further into the land, it crossed the perimeter and the Tower lit with red lights and a blaring alarm.
The Titans appeared in the living room. Beast Boy, of course, came running in last and barreled into Cyborg. The teenage heroes took a moment to see what was going on outside but to no avail. Rushing outside, they split up- Raven, Cyborg, and Beast Boy going one way while Robin and Starfire went the other- and rushed to see what set off the alarm.
They circled the Tower. There, in the space between them, lay an unconscious figure of a woman. Everyone was confused until a startled cry escaped the empath's lips.
“Mother!”
 
In the kitchen, Raven was making herbal tea. Worry played across her face. This unnerved her teammates. If she was visibly worried, it could not be a good thing. The woman she had called mother was barely conscious and lying in the infirmary. Raven was pouring an extra cup.
Her hood was up as she settled among her friends, and instead of covering half of her face, it shadowed it completely.
“What's going on?” Robin asked, breaking the tense silence.
“It's- it's…” she sighed. “I haven't seen my mother since I left Azarath. She wanted me to stay, but I thought…”
Cyborg appeared in the doorway.
“She's awake.”
 
Raven's face, or what they could see of it, remained solemn. Her mother did not look well.
“Raven,” she said in a scratchy voice, “I'm so sorry.” She reached to hug her, but she did not return the affection.
“You've traveled far, Mother. This is obviously not a vacation.” Her voice was cold.
“You're right. But this is more than just your father.”
The others stared in confusion. They knew Raven's father, Trigon. He was evil itself. They knew that Raven was so unemotional because of him. They also knew she was in a constant battle to keep him out of her life. Right now, it did not look to be a battle she was winning.
“Your father can wait no longer. He's tired of trying to win you. His power is increasing. He'll get more hostile. He's already…”
“What?”
“Azarath is nearly destroyed. Azar is no longer with us. It is no longer safe for you here.”
“If his power is increasing,” she answered calmly, “I am safe no where. To be in his clutches would only worsen things.”
“We need you.”
Raven shook her head. “I'll be in my room.”
The Titans watched as her mother frantically followed her.
“I do not understand,” Starfire said. “Why does Raven refuse to help her mother?”
“She's right,” Cyborg thought aloud. “If she heads back to where Trigon can get her, no one is safe.”
“Why would she want to go?” Beast Boy asked. “Hasn't she avoided anything to do with him?”
Robin nodded. “This is something none of us can understand. All we can do is wait.”
 
“Raven,” her mother protested, “You know I love you. You've fought his influence for too long. The priests pressured me to bring you back. They know what's to come. If they need you back, you need to come.”
“I have friends here, Mother,” Raven said in a tired voice.
“Do you want your friends to keep safe?”
She reluctantly nodded.
“Please.”
She knew she had no choice. But if she could hold out a little longer… Her mother nodded as if she understood.
“Hurry,” was all she said before she disappeared.
 
Raven finally showed up. Beast Boy and Cyborg were arguing over the tofu eggs, Starfire worriedly played with her hair, and Robin was quieting BB and Cy. They froze as she walked in.
“I have to go,” she said softly.
“What?!” Beast Boy and Cy screamed.
“You cannot!” Starfire screeched.
Robin merely nodded like he had expected this.
“If I'm going to fight this, it has to be where none of my friends can get hurt. The sooner I leave, the better. And I'm leaving tonight.”
All jaws dropped.
“You can't wait one more day?”
“Tonight? Are you crazy? You didn't even have time to prepare or…”
“This is all we get as a warning.”
“Why do you wanna face him?”
Even Robin reacted. He had expected this, but no so soon.
“I don't want to leave, but there's no decision on my part. I would've left sooner or later, and I don't want anyone hurt.”
They could say no more. Watching her disappear behind the sliding door, they felt like this was the last time they would see her.