Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The End ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I have been daydreaming up this story for the longest time…
 
Chapter 2
 
She was gone in the morning. Her door was all the way open when they checked her room and revealed nothing. Everything was exactly the same except for the fact that Raven was missing. Nothing had been touched.
“Why would she leave without her belongings?” Starfire questioned as they moped around the Tower. No video games were playing, no tofu cooking, even Starfire was in no mood to make her Pudding of Sorrow.
“Do you think she needed them?” BB pointed out. “Probably won't survive.”
Cyborg and Robin were hunched over the computer.
“Locater's still online, but unless we can create cross-dimensional portals, we're going nowhere.”
Robin shook his head. “And nothing to distract us.”
The others were solemnly nodding. Suddenly, an alarm blared and the screen showed the H.I.V.E kids wreaking havoc. They eagerly assembled, glad for something to keep their minds of the current problem.
 
Starfire showered Gizmo in starbolts while Beast Boy and Cyborg subdued Jinx and Mammoth. Robin pulled out three gadgets and placed them on the distracted villains. Too late they realized and were incased in blocks of ice. The whole thing had lasted ten minutes. Before the usual crowds of people showed up, they left the three students to the police and hurried back to the tower, hoping for news from Raven.
“Well, at least it's speeding us up,” BB joked dryly. No one responded.
 
Raven was having a much worse time than her friends.
“This is so stupid!” she shouted at her mother. “They wanted me back, they said I was the only one who could beat him, and they lock me up in a cell!”
“You can leave at anytime.”
“That's the worst part! They know that. But I'm to righteous to leave!”
Her mother stood. “You brought nothing with you. Go, grab something to amuse yourself while you're here. They know what they're doing.”
She sighed and buried her head in her hands.
 
Beast Boy couldn't sleep. He wandered the halls as he counted green sheep in his head. But soon, his thoughts drifted to Raven. Why would she go back? Trigon would kill her or worse, use her to destroy everything.
A clatter came from her room and he realized he was standing outside the door. A voice cursed inside. The door opened and entered. There was Raven, holding many books and dropping them to the floor. She was looking for something. She `ah-ha'-ed and whirled around, holding a small, used book in her hand. She dropped it when she saw him.
“Beast Boy!” she stuttered, “I'm not… I was just grabbing…”
He stopped her. “Why aren't you coming back?” he asked.
“I want to, but… You wouldn't understand.”
“Try me.”
“The only reason I'm there is because I'm the only one who can stop my father. And all they do is lock me in a dark room. They know I can leave at any time but-” She stopped short as a lamp behind her shattered. Her emotions were starting to surface. She'd have to meditate later. “I have to go.” Her soul-self surrounded her and she disappeared.
Beast Boy looked down at the book she had grabbed. Leafing thought it, he realized it was a sort of diary. Sketches, incredibly good sketches, were on every page followed by descriptions. He headed back to his room and started reading.
 
Raven returned to her room. Collapsing on her bed, she nestled into the pillow. Traveling dimensions was tough. As her eyes sunk close, the room suddenly shook. Shooting up, she banged on the door. Her mother opened it.
“What's going on?” Raven screamed.
As if to answer her question, a third of the room was blown away and before them stood Trigon. He roared inhumanly and crashed his fist down onto them.