Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The End ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I've been on media miner all day. I really should get back to my Sims. Oh well. Continuing the story…
 
Chapter 3
 
It had been a week since Raven had left. Beast Boy hadn't told his friends of seeing Raven. The book he had `borrowed' was reaching its final pages when he came across an interesting picture. It was of him. On his face was a lopsided grin, a fanged tooth sticking up. His eyes were sparkling and warm like he had just told another `stupid' joke. Doodled around the picture were little… hearts. True, most of them were x-ed out and the rest were pierced with arrows, but the writing next to it…
`I am so stupid,' it read, `It must be my father's influence. My emotions are out of control. Everything I do makes no sense. The infatuation I feel with BB is just my father playing tricks on me to get me to lose control.
`I still feel like I love him though.'
Beast Boy dropped the book. His hands were shaking. Raven had never shown more than sarcasm towards him. At her most dire moments she had lashed out, but never shown any sign of caring for him besides calling him `friend.'
And what did he feel? He cared for her, but not in that way. Not that he could think up. Sure, he constantly made desperate attempts to make her laugh, but that was only because of her depressing demeanor.
His thoughts were jumbled as he wandered into the kitchen. He opened the friends and randomly grabbed a soda. Robin and Cyborg were lamely playing a video game while Starfire was putting together another of her strange concoctions. She offered some to Beast Boy but he shook his head. The TV soon flashed the words `Game Over' but they did not try to start a new one. Who knew Raven had been such a big part of the group. As they watched the red sign blink again and again, they felt this symbolized something. The end. Game over. You lose. Then something strange happened.
 
Raven, clutching her mother, formed a circle of black energy around them. Trigon sneered and to through it in seconds. Firing pillars at him, he swatted them away and they came crashing back.
“My dear,” he said in a growling voice, “You have come back. Was it those humans you lived with that drove you out?”
“If you're going to kill me, kill me!” she screamed. “At least then I couldn't hurt my friends.”
“Why would I kill you? With you by my side, nothing can stop me.”
“I'd rather you kill me.”
He roared and started hurling boulders at her. They came to fast for her to stop them, and as they quickly closed the space between them, she panicked. In one last desperate act, she felt her soul-self grab her and carry her… home.
She appeared in the Titan's living room. She saw her mother skitter across the floor, the shocked faces of the Titans, then blackness.
 
Cyborg jumped into action. “We have to get them to the medical bay, now!” He swept up Raven's mother as Robin and Starfire helped up Raven. She groaned but remained unconscious.
“What just happened?” Beast Boy asked as he ran behind Robin.
“Don't know,” was all he said.