Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The End ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

O mi dios!!!! Sorry, I've been oekaki for a while and found some cool pics!
 
Chapter 6
 
Raven wasn't seen by the others that day. Beast Boy was going insane. He could still feel her soft lips pressing up against his. Yet the seriousness in her voice made him wonder why she had chosen that moment.
“Someone should check on her,” Robin said with concern.
“I'll do it,” BB jumped up. He was trying not to look too eager but had failed miserably. They gave him a strange look but nodded slowly.
The door opened slowly after his soft knock. Raven's hidden face peeked out at him.
“What?” she asked.
“Can I come in?” he asked quietly, “I want to make sure you're okay.”
The door slid open a little farther and he stepped inside. The night had fallen and moonlight streamed through her window, lightning the room in some unearthly way. Remnants of her broken belongings were scattered like dust and all that was left was the bed. She settled on it and he followed close behind.
“I'm sorry,” she said in a small voice, “I didn't mean to. I've just been so crazy lately. It's been hard keeping control. I'm going through hell-“ She stopped in surprise. Beast Boy had pressed his lips against hers. They leaned back until he was lying on top of her. She pulled him off and the window cracked. “I can't,” she whispered. A tear slipped from her eyes.
He let his breathing return to normal before he spoke. “It's my fault. I'm sorry.”
“Beast Boy, can you stay with me tonight? I'm not sure if I can be alone.”
He nodded earnestly and she collapsed into him. Her body was shaking with silent sobs, but she was soon still. He lay her down and turned to get away. He realized she was digging her nails into his wrist as if hoping he would stay. As he wrapped his arms around her waist, he inhaled the sweet scent that reminded him of tragedy and pain. They fit perfectly together, like they were made for each other. He nuzzled his head into her neck and he heard a soft whimper escape her lips. She was awake again. Turning to him, she planted sweet kisses on his forehead. They moved together. As he left a trail of kisses on her neck, he felt her pushing back.
“I'm sorry,” she panted. “I can't.”
He looked at her. Dark clouds had formed in the sky and the room was dark. “Rae, you don't have to apologize.”
He heard regret form in her words. “I need you to leave. I'm so sorry.” Climbing out of the huge bed, he heard her softly sigh, “It's not your fault. I… I think I love you, Beast Boy.”
The door closed behind him. It felt like, instead of a few titanium walls, an entire world was between them.
 
Beast Boy stopped by the room once more that night. He quietly slid open the door and watched her sleep for a moment. Her hair had grown longer, too long for him to feel comfortable that he had missed that, and it stretched in tendrils around her. The sheets were wrapped tightly around her. She was searching for warmth she could not have. He swept his hand across her forehead and felt a burning sensation. She'd be gone in the morning. He knew it. Placing a single kiss on her cheek, he left to go mope in his room.
 
He had been right. The next morning, she was missing, but the dark clouds from the night form only turned blacker. And as the earth rumbled beneath the Titan's Tower, he knew that she would be back soon in a less loving form.