Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The End ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yay for Control Freak! JK. He really is a scummy little nerd. Oh well, back to the story.
(New, blue Zinthos. May cause growth of extra set of eyes.)
 
Chapter 5
 
Raven felt her emotions rambling within her. She was being hit with waves of happiness, sorrow, and much more. It was like being hit with scalding hot water and freezing cold ice at the same time. And it drained all her energy.
Her own powers were no longer being controlled. The constant rush of emotion left her stranded in a battlefield. It was one of the many reasons to stay locked up in her room all day.
Her friends could hear the crashes of her many possessions breaking, that she knew. And their worry as they hesitantly stood at her doorway only made the fueling emotions buzz even more in her head. Not once did they knock, but many times she felt their presence hoping to gain entrance. Only late in the day did she come out. Even then, her hood completely covered her face, and barely any skin poked through. She didn't want them to see what was obviously in front of them.
 
Beast Boy was undergoing his own battle. Each time he saw her completely cloaked form, he wondered if he really cared for her, or if she was just a friend to him. The turmoil he had gone through with Terra would've sent him off this path for a long while, but knowing there was someone else caring for him sent his mind spinning.
But at the end of it all, he saw the spark growing with each passing second within her presence. Even if it was just her in the room, not even noticing him, he felt himself wishing that she would at least glance at him.
The worst thing was all this strain on the brain was definitely putting his high score at risk.
 
It was one in the morning when Raven woke. The dream she had been having already disappeared; only fragments scattered through her brain. She remembered feeling scared, and Beast Boy had been there…
She shook her head. Since she had returned, all she thought about was her father and Beast Boy. At first, she had found it amusing for him to know what he did. But as the days wore on, her own emotions took another hit as worry planted itself in the center of the tornado that racked her brain. As she stared down at her shaking hands, she pulled on her cape and headed downstairs to pour herself some tea.
 
Beast Boy had woken from a similar nightmare with a similar feeling. But he couldn't quite piece together what he had been dreaming and realized that was sleep was no longer in reach. Pulling himself out of bed, he thought a glass of warm soymilk might put his mind at ease. Turning into a small cat, he stalked the hallways.
The lights were on in the kitchen. Raven was there, watching the water boil. He reverted back to his normal form and opened the fridge. She didn't even look up.
“Um, Rae?” he tapped her with concern. She jumped and the glass he had been holding blew apart.
“I'm so sorry,” she said. It sounded false in her monotone voice.
“It's okay. I was just wondering what you were doing.”
She picked up the stray pieces with her powers. As she looked up, he realized her normal deep blue eyes were different. It was a shame he couldn't see the rest of her face.
“I couldn't sleep.” Her voice shattered his thoughts. He saw her pause as her eyes flickered with emotion. Turning away she said, “You read that book?”
He blushed. “I'm sorry about that. It seemed kinda personal, but…” No excuse.
“It's okay. I know how far you got.”
This sent panic rushing though him. But he played innocent. “What do you mean?”
She looked at him, leaning close. “I didn't mean to write that. Or draw that picture. I knew something bad would come of it. I definitely didn't think you would get your hands on it.” Her voice seemed cold, but there was a playful tone in it. “I'm going to have to leave soon, if I'm ever going to get through this. I don't want to hurt anyone. Not my friends, not you…” She trailed off.
He realized she had separated him from `her friends.' Was that a good thing? He couldn't be sure. She seemed so much older all of the sudden. Like he was a little kid and she was one of the big kids, the one he looked up to. The water whistled, pulling her away from their locked eyes.
“Why do you wear your hood like that?” His mouth moved without his permission. Again.
She poured the water into a cup and added a tea bag. “I don't feel like being seen.” They watched the clear liquid turn brown. He remembered his milk and decided to pour another glass.
But he couldn't turn away from her, even if she already had. She was hiding something underneath the hood, and, even though he knew it was none of his business, he didn't like the idea of her keeping secrets. Especially not from him.
“Are you hiding something?” he asked. Once again, his tongue was wagging while his brain was asleep. He continued his thought anyway. “Is this affecting how you look or what?”
She glared at him. Her emotions that had been jumbled since she reappeared wouldn't hold in much longer. And as her mouth opened, they all tumbled out. “Of course I'm hiding something! I've hidden every little emotion I've ever had and every time something horrible happens. My father is currently trying to turn me evil, and I think it's working. My mother is forcing into my death, which, by the way, me dying is basically the only way to stop my father. Almost everything I do leads someone else to get hurt, and when I see you I just…” She gasped for air and a few plates splintered.
Beast Boy felt overwrought by this sudden confession. “What happens when you see me?” he provoked.
“You want to see what I'm hiding?” He nodded cautiously. She pulled back her hood. “There. See if you can figure it out.”
Beast Boy stared closely. Her skin was whiter, her hairline was pulled back a bit, but other than that he saw no change. “I still think you look beautiful.” He clamped his mouth shut at his choice of words.
She looked at him intently. A small blush appeared on her cheeks, but her expression did not change. She sighed. “I'm sorry, Beast Boy. I've been really…” A chair erupted into splinters. “You get it.”
“So what happens when you see me?” he asked with a childish grin.
In answer, she leaned forward and rested her lips on his in a soft kiss. There was a moment of shock for both of them, but they eased into it. A light fixture erupted and she sharply pulled back, stopping the glass in midair and motioning them to the trashcan.
“I'm sorry,” she said, pulling her hood back up.
“It's really okay,” he said, but she was already gone. Probably back to her room. He felt a wave of drowsiness wash over him and he headed back to his.
 
Raven knew he hadn't seen it. Hadn't seen the evil glint in her eyes, her cheeks were sunken, her face becoming more chiseled. It had started when the Titans first formed, yet no one noticed. It was a gradual process. Ignoring the roaring headache, she turned over in her bed and forced herself to sleep.
 
 
 
Chapter 5 is finished!!!! I think it's my longest. The really good part is coming up. Stay tuned!