Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Force of Hatred ❯ Confusion ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
Terra was still thinking about the things Beast Boy had said to her, so much that she didn't sleep well and kept falling asleep in school the next day. “Ms. Markov…” the teacher said. She snapped awake. “I'm sorry sir.” Terra said.
“Sorry isn't good enough, young lady.” the man said “Never mind… you can explain to me all about it in detention after school.”
Terra sighed. “Yes sir.”
Jackie and Jillian knew that Beast Boy was behind this somehow.
In detention, Terra was told to write an essay of not to fall asleep in class anymore, but she had a hard time choosing her words. She managed, somehow, to finish and was dismissed. She went to a new coffee café she knew of, since Ben's was gone. She sat outside and was still thinking about what Beast Boy had said to her.
“What do you know about me and my life and why I would act the way I am now?”
“Beast Boy.” she sighed. That's when she saw him walking up the street. “Beast Boy…!” she called to him. Beast Boy stopped and gazed at her, but then scoffed and starting walking off again. Terra got up from her seat and chased him “Beast Boy, wait…!”
Jackie and Jillian were coming from the mall and saw Terra running down the other side of the street calling “Beast Boy…!”
The girls gazed at one another and followed her close behind.
Terra followed Beast Boy to a vacant lot. Jackie and Jillian poked their heads round the corner to watch, and they were most confused by what they saw.
“Beast Boy, we need to talk.” Terra said.
Beast Boy sighed “Haven't we said enough already?” he asked her “Why are you even doing this? Now you're the one who's following me around.”
“Beast Boy, please!” Terra snapped “I've done some thinking, and I think we really need to talk again. Please…?”
Beast Boy's head ached again, but he agreed to talk with her, and they arranged to meet at the cliff-tops at sundown. “I'll be there.”
Terra smiled at him and then turned to leave. That's when Terra ran into Jackie and Jillian as she exited the loft. “We're you two spying on us?” Terra asked sharply.
“Girl… I think you've gone totally crazy.” Jillian said “You need some professional help.”
Terra didn't understand. “Just because I was talking to Beast Boy doesn't mean I need help.”
“Terra… there's no one else here.” Jackie said “We saw you the whole time. You were running up the street but there was no one in front of you, and just now we saw you talking to a brick wall.”
Terra turned was most confused now. “No… I was talking to Beast Boy.” She turned and saw him walking down the street. “Look, there he is.” But Jackie and Jillian didn't see anyone. The street was empty. “But… but…” Terra stuttered, and started to wonder if maybe she was going crazy. “But we just promised to meet at the cliff-tops.”
Jackie and Jillian didn't know if Terra was telling the truth or not, but still… this was a good thing for them to know because finally their chance at payback had come. As soon as Terra had left, they called Alex and Manny on their cell-phones.
At the tower, Robin had been looking over that video-footage so many times he had lost count. Starfire persuaded him to come into the lounge for pizza. “You have not eaten very much.” She said, “Please… for me?”
Robin smiled at his girlfriend and kissed her softly. “You win.”
He joined his friends in the lounge. “Well look who's come cralwin' out from the den?” Cyborg teased. “Any new clues yet?” Raven asked.
Robin shook his head, and that's when Beast Boy came into the lounge and walked past Silkie who was eating out of dog-dish. Silkie suddenly looked frightened at the sight of Beast Boy. “Silkie!” cried Starfire as her little pet dashed near her like a frightened little cat. “Beast Boy… you should not scare Silkie that way! Apologize at once!”
Beast Boy didn't even look at her. He didn't do anything to Silkie and refused to apologize for something he didn't do. “Beast Boy…? I am speaking to you.” replied Starfire. He still ignored her and grabbed some food from the refrigerator.
Starfire lost her patience and hovered over to him and put her hand on his shoulder. “Beast Boy?!” he turned to face her and growled fiercely with a look of fury telling her to back off! Starfire shrieked and backed away as if she had seen a monster. Beast Boy wiped his mouth and warned Starfire “Touch me again, and you'll be dead… sorry in the morning.”
“Beast Boy, this has gone far enough.” Robin snarled.
“What's gotten into you, man?” asked Cyborg.
“You're acting like a real jerk.” said Raven.
Beast Boy growled fiercely and clenched his fists. He looked ready for a real battle. “Don't even think about it!” Robin said deeply “If you want to act like this, do it someplace else, we're sick and tired of you being rude and acting like a spoiled little kid.”
Beast Boy pursed his lips and turned to head back out. He stopped in the middle of the doorway. “You're pretty pushy Robin.” he said “Keep it up… and one day… you're going to push me too far!” Then he left.
“What a jerk!” Raven said
“Guess we should call the doc soon?” Cyborg suggested.
Starfire observed the chunks of food that fell on the floor by Beast Boy's rude eating. “It is beef sausage, served raw!” but Beast Boy was vegan. This was not a good sign. “Maybe we should call her right now.” Robin suggested.
It was almost sundown, and Beast Boy had gone to the cliffs to meet with Terra, but a part of him didn't know why he was even bothering. “First she doesn't want to see me anymore. Now she WANTS to talk?” His head ached and throbbed for what had to be the umpteenth time, either from confusion, or… something… else…?
The sun was starting to go down, and Terra was expected to come by any time, but suddenly, Beast Boy was grabbed from behind by Manny. “Gutten Tag, heir friend!” he said before punching him hard in the face.
“Dude…!” snapped Beast Boy “What's your problem?”
Alex walked right next to Beast Boy “Problem is… you haven't learned your lesson.” he said before kicking him hard.
Beast Boy got to his feet and the boys stood side by side.
Jackie and Jillian were watching from the bottom of the slope and watching their boyfriends. “What's going on?” Jackie asked.
Jillian looked up through her binoculars, and assumed the way Manny and Alex were punching and kicking at thin air; they were warming up for when Beast Boy would arrive. “Brat Boy doesn't stand a chance.”
This they hoped would teach Beast Boy never to mess with Terra's mind again. “Wow…” Jackie said as she admired the way the boys were moving “You'd think they were really fighting him.”
The boys really were fighting him, and both wound up and gave him a double whammy in the face. “Come on kid…!” snapped Alex “Yah! Where's the no mercy you said you show us?” added Manny.
Beast Boy held his throbbing head wailing in pain, and then he felt a strange urge coursing through him. He got to his feet, and turned to face the boys with a sinister looking grin.
“Huh…?”
“What is…?”
Beast Boy was pacing towards them and sniggering wickedly, and before the boys could react, Beast Boy had grabbed them both by the neck and actually lifted them up in one arm each.
Jackie and Jillian were confused; both the boys were floating a few inches off the ground. “What's going on?” asked Jackie.
“Do I look like I know?” whimpered Jillian.
The boys begged for mercy but Beast Boy only brought them closer and he said in a very deep and sinister sounding voice. “Long live the hate!” The boys gazed into his deep dark eyes, and could see one thing… the end!
The next sound anyone nearby heard were the deathly screams of two boys. Terra could hear it over the distance on her way to the cliffs to meet with Beast Boy. She arrived at the edge of town to see the police had set up a roadblock, and her friends were standing there, sobbing their hearts out. Terra dashed over and could see what was wrong. Alex and Manny had been brutally murdered as their bodies were being loaded into the ambulances.
Terra felt just horrified, she only wished Beast Boy had been there during the time whoever or whatever it was did this to the boys.
…If she only knew.
Beast Boy went back to the tower feeling sick to his stomach, and his head still hurt. “Dude…! Why do I taste… eww, meat and blood!” he groaned.
He went into the lounge and saw the other titans were watching TV and hadn't noticed he was there. The news had just come on with a breaking story about two teenage boys found dead outside of town.
Terra and her two friends were on TV. The titans found it strange to actually see her and know she was alive, but what they found interesting was Jackie and Jillian's stories of seeing their boyfriends supposedly acting like they were fighting, and then suddenly they began to float up in the air and then something just seemed to slash them, but there was nobody or nothing else there.
The news even showed images of the bodies of the dead boys being carried out. Robin noticed the slash-marks on their backs looked exactly like the ones that the guards who were murdered at the museum had.
While the titans chatted over the possibilities, Beast Boy felt very sick and ran to the bathroom.
After his little… episode… he washed up, but suddenly he felt that strange feeling again that he wasn't alone in the bathroom. He gazed back at his reelection in the mirror, “You're here… aren't you?” he said nervously.
Beast Boy then felt like he was talking to himself or someone else was talking through him. “You're beginning to catch on now.” he sniggered.
Beast Boy backed up against the wall and tried to convince himself that this was not happening, but he soon remembered he had gone to the cliffs, he was waiting for Terra; he got into a fight with Jackie and Jillian's boyfriends, and the next thing he knew… he was at home. This made him realize “You…!” he snapped “It was you…! You killed them!”
“WE… killed them. I couldn't have done it without you.”
Beast Boy shook his head and felt on the verge of tears. “No!” he cried “It isn't real…! I'd never do anything like that. Not to civilians.”
“Oh yes you would. Deep down you've always wished you could take your revenge on those you hated. All you lacked was a little extra persuasion. I gave it to you. You and I… are more alike whether you see it or not. Just like everyone else in this hate-filled world.”
“Go away!” Beast Boy said angrily. “Leave me alone, whoever you are, or I'll… I'll…”
The evil force just laughed at him “You'll do what…? No one wants to help you. They hate you, they always have, and deep down you know that is true, and you hate them even more. You'll never reason with them, and why would you when it's so much easier to… ELIMINATE THEM ALL?!”
The evil laugh made Beast Boy finally snap, and in a blinding rage he punched the mirror with his fist, shattering the glass, and collapsed on the floor. The Titans heard the noise and dashed to the bathroom. Not caring that the door was locked, Cyborg busted it down and everyone caught sight of Beast Boy passed out on the floor surrounded by shards of broken glass.
“Beast Boy…!” they all cried.