Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Force of Hatred ❯ Love will leave you crying ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
Beast Boy awoke in his room the next morning to see all his friends and the doctor gazing down at him. “Easy now, Beast Boy.” the lady said “Just relax.”
Beast Boy groaned softly and asked “What… what happened?”
The titans explained they found him passed-out in the bathroom. “You looked like you were fightin' with the mirror.” said Cyborg.
Beast Boy head was still woozy and he hardly remembered much. The doctor ushered the titans to leave her and Beast Boy alone so she could begin questioning Beast Boy about his recent behavior patterns.
“I do hope she can help our friend.” Starfire said. They all hoped that, even Raven. In the meantime they decided to get back to work on the murder case, and Robin and Cyborg had been examining photographs of the wounds on the backs of the guards and the boys, and all pointed to the same thing. “They were slashed.” Robin said as he showed them pictures in a book he had and how wounds like that were only made from being slashed by something long and sharp. “Something like… a sword?” Raven asked. A brief silence followed.
“You don't think that…” Cyborg paused, but then nobody said a thing after that.
At school, Terra was almost too scared to concentrate on her work, not only was she scared out of her mind from what happened last night, but the fact that she forgot all about Beast Boy and promising to meet him there. Then again, if he heard about the murder of her friends' boyfriends, maybe he'd understand…
During break period, she sat by herself outside her school. Her friends weren't at school that day as they were still devastated by the deaths of their boyfriends. Soon the bell rang and all the students began head inside to the period. Terra had to stop off in the girls' locker room and get a book she left behind by mistake.
She arrived there and found many girls already changing for gymnastics class, when she also noticed, “Beast Boy?!” in the girls' locker room, and gazing over at the book she wanted to get. The girls all gazed her, and then gazed where the book was, but they didn't see anyone. “What's your problem?”
“Are you nuts?”
The girls kept taunting, but Terra then saw Beast Boy fleeing out the other way into the gym. “Beast Boy…!” she kept calling as she ran after him. The gym teacher saw her running out of the locker room and run all the way out into the school-yard calling “Beast Boy…! Beast Boy…!” but the lady saw no one else.
Terra lost sight of Beast Boy, and couldn't believe it. He was actually in the girls' locker room and looking over her book, but why? More importantly than that, why did no one else see him or stop him?
“Ms. Markov…!” the gym teacher called, and all the other girls from the locker room were there gazing at her.
The next thing Terra knew, she was in the nurse's ward having an examination. She seemed physically okay, but still stuck to her story that she saw Beast Boy in the locker room. The principal heard of this and viewed the school cameras overlooking the entrances to the locker rooms, as there were no cameras inside so as not to invade privacy…
“There is nobody there.” said the principal “Except for the students, no one else has gone into or came out of that room.”
“But… but I…” Terra stuttered and stammered, but the principal the nurse assumed Terra was having hallucinations. This was not the first time they were told of her seeing Beast Boy. Terra was told to seek professional help for her problems and not return to school until then.
Terra tried to protest, but she was ordered out!
Terra stomped her foot angrily and shouted up at the sky “WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ME?!”
The doctor had long since finished her discussion with Beast Boy. She hadn't gotten much out of him as he seemed rather silent and weepy. She had also been talking to the other titans for any reasons to why Beast Boy would act so outraged.
The titans didn't lie and admitted to reading his diary, and being rather overly harsh on him, and it wasn't exactly the first time. “I see…” the doctor said. She sounded as if this was more than just a clear case of dysfunction. “Is there anything else…?”
The titans hesitated, and weren't sure if it was right to tell her about Terra. It would violate Terra's wishes to be left in peace, but they couldn't just not say anything either. Luckily, for them, the doctor got a call on her cell-phone that she was needed back immediately to help someone else. “My job is never done.” she sighed, and told the titans to make an appointment with her to continue their discussion. “Just remember, even the slightest thing that you're not telling me may only make things worse.” the she was gone, showed herself out of the tower.
The titans felt she was right. “I guess the next time, we tell her then…?” asked Cyborg.
Robin reluctantly agreed. “There's no other way.”
The girls agreed too. “Should we not tell Beast Boy?” asked Starfire. Raven disagreed “He's under a lot of stress already, and he the last he probably wants is to talk to us.”
The others agreed to let him be for a while and continue to work on the case.
Beast Boy had returned from Terra's school and was now in the workshop in the lower levels, and with his super handcrafting skills, he was working on something sinister to go with what he got from looking at Terra's book back at the school.
He sniggered sinisterly as he worked but suddenly wondered why he was doing this. “She deserves it.” said that mysterious voice. “And you know she deserves it.”
“You again…!” growled Beast Boy. Now he knew that whatever was going on was going to be bad for Terra. He tried to stop working but he just felt his urge to keep on going. “Leave her alone!” growled Beast Boy “You hear me…!” but his head started aching and throbbing again, and now his eyes were glowing like a werewolf, and he kept right on working muttering Terra's name under his breath.
A while later… the doctor was back at her office and seeing Terra in her quiet room. She had received word from Terra's principal and the school nurse about her having hallucinations abut Beast Boy.
Terra was still feeling very jumpy and agitated, but the doctor managed to calm her down, and gave her a small glass of water with ice in it to calm her down a little more. She explained to Terra that she could tell her anything. “No one outside these walls can hear us.”
Terra hesitated for a moment, and rather than reveal her history with the Teen Titans, or with Slade, she simply said “Beast Boy and I… we used to date.”
The doctor looked up. “Oh…?”
Terra went on with her story, and she grew so nervous that when she clenched her fist the ice in the glass she was holding came together. The doctor didn't notice but wrote down everything Terra talked about Beast Boy, and the ways she remembered him. “He was so sweet and caring… it was like he understood me for just who I was.”
She went on about how she then betrayed him by keeping a huge secret and he broke up with her… they were reunited for a brief while and made amends for what had happened…
Terra did not reveal that she turned to stone to save the town, and rather said that she merely went away for a long time, and then figured it best to let go of Beast Boy, and she explained the entire situation of faking amnesia, and telling him “Things Change…!”
Remember and talking about this brought tears to Terra's eyes, and she began to cry. The doctor gave her a box of tissues. Through her cries, Terra explained she couldn't stop thinking about him. “Every time I try…” she sobbed “I just find myself thinking about him more, and more… and… what I said and did to him…” she broke down and began weeping again.
The doctor had heard enough, and both she and Terra realized what the problem was. She loved him. She never stopped loving him. She even said out loud herself right then and there. This explained a lot of why Beast Boy was upset.
“There, there, dear…” the doctor said to Terra “Try to calm down.”
Terra wiped her eyes “What am I going to do?” she asked. “People think I'm crazy… even I think I'm crazy.” She was referring to all the times she saw Beast Boy, when no one else did.
The doctor wouldn't tell Terra about her sessions with Beast Boy, but she had seen cases like this before and it was obvious that it was impossible for Terra to forget about him, and from what she had been though talking to Beast Boy; the doctor could tell that he still felt for her as well. Why else would anyone act so furious and take to the extreme?
The doctor dismissed, and said she'd keep in touch and had an idea how to help things.
Terra left the place, and she really felt a little better crying all those tears out, but she really wanted to see Beast Boy now and try to start things over with him. Only she didn't know how.
The doctor was in her private office making plans to talk to both Beast Boy and Terra to help them both out, but right as she was about to call the titans did someone sneak up from behind her, grab her, and hold her against the wall.
A mortified scream was then heard, and many people rushed off to the doctor's room to find her lying dead on the floor, drenched in blood and a sword jammed blade-first right into her back.
As if that weren't bad enough, several other people had been murdered in the street, all of them looked as if they had been stabbed to death.
The news was all over it quicker than people expected, and the Titans were indeed watching. “More murders…?” cried Cyborg “Dang…! What the heck is goin' in in this town?”
“Quiet…!” snapped Robin. “Look…!” the titans were horrified to learn one of the victims was the doctor, but this time there was actual evidence leading to who did it, and the first thing the titans saw was the sword. “Isn't that the sword missing from the museum?” asked Raven.
“It is…!” cried Starfire.
There was more, the police had also examined the hilt of the sword and found fingerprints on it, and footage from the security camera of the murderer committing the crime. The titans were excited at first, but were suddenly shocked, and stunned to see that it was…
“It cannot be…!” cried Starfire.
“No, man...! Say it aint so.” added Cyborg. Robin and Raven said nothing, and Beast Boy came into the lounge. “What's going on?” he asked, and then he saw the broadcast and felt all numb inside. “Terra…?”