Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Forgotten ❯ The Crash ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

d/c I do not own the Teen Titans
 
It was a normal day for Raven. She was sitting in the living room reading one of her books. The tower was empty for now since Starfire and Robin had gone to a picnic and Beastboy and Cyborg had gone to pick out a new video game. They had invited her to come but she elected to stay in the tower.
 
She was totally engrossed in her book when a huge crash came from the roof and debris flew everywhere. Raven instinctively through up a barrier around herself.
 
The dust cleared and she could see that something had impacted the tower and had gone several stories to land in her room.
 
She followed the things descent and when she stopped at her room she found something strange.
 
It was a man. He was tall and dressed in loose fitting black clothes with a black cloak. On his back was a large sword and on his wrists were a pair of gauntlets that exposed part of his fingers. His hair was black and just a little longer than ravens. He wore it in a small ponytail that reached down to the hilt of his sword.
 
She immediately flew into a rage finding him in her room then she noticed his immobile state. He was unconscious, which was not unsurprising since he crashed through several tons of concrete and steel. She levitated him to the infirmary. She found it strangely difficult to float him as though he weighed many times more than a normal human. At last she got him to the infirmary.
 
She removed his sword and found that it was what made him so heavy. She couldn't lift it and had to resort to telekinesis. The sword had strange markings that Raven had encountered before. She hooked him up to the instruments and found that other than being knocked out he was all right and should revive soon.
 
She went to her room and fixed it up a little. She pulled out a few books on runes and brought them to the infirmary to study the strange weapon.
 
She entered the room and began to reference the symbols on the hilt when he spoke out and said “Where am .. uh” and he passed out again. She went over and felt his pulse. It was slow but steady like a runners.
 
She resumed her research for about half an hour when Cyborg and Beast Boy returned from shopping. She went out of the room to the main room. She arrived a few minutes before them. When they entered they had not noticed the holes in the room. She asked “How did it go?”
 
“It was great! Exclaimed Beast Boy We found the perfect game.” He held out a case and handed it to her. “Robochimp vs. the Bionic Chicken,” sounds... intriguing. Believe it or not I have something more important to tell you.”
 
“What is it Raven?” Asked Cyborg just then noticing the damaged room. “Holy Cow! What happened here?”
 
“Come with me and I'll explain” said Raven
 
As they walked she explained to them the events that transpired.
 
“So the dude just slammed into our tower and he's unharmed except for being knocked out?” Asked Beast Boy
 
“Yes.” Replied, Raven. “He does not appear to have any injuries.”
 
“How does that happen?” Asked Cyborg. “The dude crashes though tons of metal and has no injury how is that possible?”
 
“I don't know but what intrigues me more is his sword. It is extremely heavy and would be hard to wield unless he was incredibly strong. I doubt even Starfire could lift it. There are symbols on the hilt that I have yet to make out.”
 
They arrived where the man was lying. Raven entered first, then the other two. As Cyborg and Beast Boy entered the man started thrashing uncontrollably. He ripped through the restraints as though they where tissue paper. Sparks began to fly and jump onto the equipment nearby.
 
Raven sat down and began meditating “Azarath Metrion Xinthos” her raven flew into the man's mind. Then a white burst of energy came out from the man's head pushing the raven out and into Raven. Raven flew backwards as though struck. As she was ready for another try the man stopped thrashing and lay still.
 
“Whoa! What just happened here?” Asked Beast Boy, “First he's thrashing around then you go backwards into the wall and he settles down.”
 
“I don't know but whoever he is he has had extensive mental training. He was able to block my intrusion and counter attack while unconscious. That is something even I can not do.”
 
“So he's more powerful than you?” Asked Cyborg
 
“I think so I must finish deciphering the sword it may give me some insight into the man's past.”
 
She resumed studying and found a language that matched to one on the sword.
She called Beast Boy and Cyborg when she was finished translating the runes. When they entered the man did not go berserk this time. As they sat down Raven revealed the swords history.
 
“It seems that the sword was made of the strongest and hardest materials found in our galaxy. Then the greatest smith in the universe forged it inside of a star in order to bring out its full potential as the greatest weapon ever made. After the forging the sword had spells casted on it to make it invincible to any attack. However when it was finally time for the sword to be given to one who was worthy it was found that no one could possibly lift it. The sword was too powerful to just be left as it was. They decided to encase the sword inside a giant block of ice in the interior of a mountain which caves were so impossible to navigate that if you went too far in there would be no coming out. This was to ensure that the person to find the sword was strong enough and smart enough to wield it. A special group of volunteers took the sword to the mountains and were instructed to take the sword into it and go on until they could not go further. There they were to leave the sword. They were to die in the mountain in order to preserve the secret of the sword.”
 
“This man must have retrieved the sword from the mountain.”
 
“Dude! He went into that creepy mountain just to get a sword?”
 
“It wasn't just a sword it is one of the most powerful magic objects in the universe.”